PDA

View Full Version : Resident Chasm sheep LEH success?

BlacktailStalker
10-08-2013, 12:38 AM
Heard the residents didn't show for the sheep draw last year and an extra 1 (possibly 2) was allotted to Sievers to make up for the 'shortfall' ?
Any truth to this, anyone in the know ? What about the previous year ?
Curious... like a cat.

afflicted 1
10-08-2013, 01:08 AM
I dont know about the resident not showing up last year. But I do know the resident permit holder and the guide both spent 2-3 weeks through out the whole chasm leh area and havnt found a ram. I have only been seeing 3-4 of the usual resident ewes in our area as well. Its a possibility the rams have moved else where as I have heard of some sightings in a location further south. If they dont show up for the rut we will know they have moved i guess

BlacktailStalker
10-08-2013, 02:23 AM
Last winter I saw 15-20 ewes, lambs and a couple banana rams in 'the' farm field, this was around the 20th of December.

bigredchev
10-08-2013, 05:14 AM
saw a beautiful and healthy group east of chasm mid nov. Looking good and tasty. Im sure in "the" same famous field

bighornbob
10-08-2013, 08:21 AM
I dont know about the resident not showing up last year. But I do know the resident permit holder and the guide both spent 2-3 weeks through out the whole chasm leh area and havnt found a ram. I have only been seeing 3-4 of the usual resident ewes in our area as well. Its a possibility the rams have moved else where as I have heard of some sightings in a location further south. If they dont show up for the rut we will know they have moved i guess

Well since Sievers only hunts sheep around alfalpha fields along the Fraser I am not surprised he cant find rams in another area. That is unless the Chasm rams feed in the Alfalpha fields there too.

BHB