PDA

View Full Version : succccsessss, yah!!

dingdongdenny
10-07-2013, 05:12 PM
getting ready for my dear trip with my son,friday night the wife decides we're going to meet some friends for dinner.
Wanted to load more shells for my son's 270 and gas up. Oh well figured 9 shells was enough.
Got up bright and early finished loading camper, woke my son up and headed out, caught the 8:30 ferry.Great everything looks to be working out.Got to hope and ask my son what the milage was to meritt,100k he says.
Well found out the hard way my truck does not go 100k on 1/4 tank of gas.Yup ran out, first time in 20 30 yrs.Hitch a ride int to meritt fairly quickly and back,put gas in and tried starting it, nothing and i mean nothing.No click no rrrr, nothing.Tried phoning my shop, had 4 bars but wouldn't dial, tried my wifes phone same thing.So climbed up the hill probable a km, got reception talked to my mechanic, and he thought the same thing, its the passive lock not allowing it to turn over.
He looks up how to reset the passive lock and says pay attention case it is lengthy(great) down i go try the procedure for
about 1/2 hr and thought not working better get some thing to write on and go back up, hop in back in camper grab pencil and paper and figured better try the phone again, bingo it worked.Got the procedure down in writting, tried it 3 or 4 more times, nope not working. called again, ok ill read it out to you word for word.Well first time he said to take key out, not the way its supposed to be. Just turn off key, procedure may take 3 or 4 tries, well its 15 min procedure each time.He said he would do some more looking up on this.Well after anouther 45min nothing, ggrrrr.
Call again and by this time its 4:15 on a saturday, He says that looking online that this perticular vehicle when run out of fuel blows a 20amp fuse.Who the heck designs a vehicle that way.Well it worked off we go to meritt fuel up and grub up
and up the connector.
Get to camp in the dark set up slushing out and cold, finished about 9 pm, a couple cold ones , talk to our neighbors and to bed.
Get up in the morning and set off to my spot park and off for a hike ,remember when i said only had 9 shells for my son's gun??.Well he learned the hard way don't step on a frost covered log.Down he when't, bang went the gun as he hit the log
No there wasn't a shell in the chamber, never will be unless ready to shoot.Mud in the muzzle take out clip not shooting that until we clean site it in. Saw 15 deer , 4 bucks no shooters, 4 point only till tuesday.
Back at camp talk to nieghbors and the said not many deer around only saw 4, others only saw 5??? road hunters.They were heading out, Cleaned and sighted in son's gun. Let him shoot it 4 in high 5 to the left, next thing we know out of shells well off to kelowna to get more.
On the way back to camp 4:30 pm tell my son that sunset main that we got off the bypass , just a few km down it is region 8 any buck for him. He said why don't we hunt there then. Good idea son , found slash finished sighting in , good to go.Went down the road toward kelowna and around a corner saw buck on the road 60 yds at most.There you go son he jumps out and said it a spike, I have bino's on it and it moved its head ,
2 point shoot it,
He says were do i rest my gun, i said shoot it. Buck jumps into trees, oh well off we go .Down a little spur got out walked a small ways , a little to over grown 10 ft trees 4ft around.Back to truck start to go out and there is another 2 point at 50 60 yds jumps out puts shell in click, forgets to fully pull back bolt to insert bullet. Inject a shell bang , could see shot thought it was a little high deer hunches up and takes off. All of a sudden my son takes off running , im like hang on bud
he stop at the edge of trees and is looking down. there is his first deer.
http://bigshotsbc.ca/images/misc/paperclip.png Attached Images http://bigshotsbc.ca/attachment.php?attachmentid=1426&stc=1&d=1381189888

Weatherby Fan
10-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Yowsa thats quite the trip, one I don't think you or your son will soon forget.......I'm thinking you guys deserved that deer.
Congrats to your son and his first deer......glad you were able to share it together.
WF

davet
10-07-2013, 05:20 PM
great story, good to hear you got a buck. post a picture !!!! :)

Cami
10-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Sound you had a hell of a trip LOL
Great story - congrats to the buck

Jehiah
10-07-2013, 05:31 PM
pic no work

swampdonkey
10-07-2013, 05:34 PM
I see the pic . Congrats to your son and you. He looks so happy.

adriaticum
10-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Congratulations on your success!

Hammerhead
10-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Congrats to your son. Never a dull moment on some trips eh?
HH

Spy
10-07-2013, 06:21 PM
This story is awesome, well deserved deer:-) ! Congrats on your boy doing everything right, you must be proud.
Thanks for sharing the story, it is priceless:-)!

Big Lew
10-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Great story. Written just right to keep us looking for the next incident and the outcome. Congrats to your son. Brings back memories of my own son. He did basically the same thing. In a rush to get out of the truck he dropped his scoped rifle. Not wanting him to take a chance with it, I gave him mine. He stalked into the brush while loading the clip and sliding the bolt into place, aimed, pulled the trigger, click....hadn't pulled the bolt back enough to engage the bullet. He then excitedly called back...there's something wrong with your gun! He did better on the next one, his first buck.

Wrayzer
10-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Good story thanks for posting. Nice to see some good come from a rough start.
And next time get him to hold back on his excitment a bit :D

brutus
10-07-2013, 07:35 PM
good stuff,he will never forget his first.i still remember mine.