PDA

View Full Version : Can I get there fom #12 Hwy ?

new trigger
10-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Heading out for another Thanksgiving weekend hunt with my wife, wanting to drive in towards Turnup lake / Pasulko lake area from off Hwy 12 between Lytton and Lillooet and make our way across to hwy #1 by Spences bridge.
Anyone know how, or if done recently and is possible?
we tried 2 years ago, but a rock slide had blocked off the road.
Any ideas can be helpful, save a bunch of time. Thanks

bighornbob
10-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Have not been on the road for a few years but it is usually a really good road. Off highway 12 its Lallawishin FSR (sp) that takes you up to a rd junction next to a unnamed lake. A right here will take you to Turnup and Pasulko Lake (this does not get you out). You want to go straight north past the unnamed lake, this road goes by a dirt bike area then turns east and becomes Murray Creek FSR which brings you out right to Spences bridge. You can easily see the route on Google Maps.

Like I said the road has always been in great shape all the times I have taken it (not recently though). Two springs ago Murray Creek was washed out due to excessive spring rains, but a few in the area were washed out. I believe it was fixed a few weeks later. Where the road switches from Lalliwishin to Murray Creek, there is a Forest rec on the main road. I have camped there before, real basic but did have a picnic table. There was a thread a few years ago about someone camping there and catching some one on a dirt bike snooping or breaking into their stuff there, so may want to watch your stuff.

BHB

BHB

srupp
10-08-2013, 02:37 PM
nails all over the Murray creek rd..snowing there when I left this am.

steven

new trigger
10-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Thank you for your update

steven

Big Lew
10-09-2013, 01:59 PM

steven

Wasn't the nail issue on Murray Creek Rd. a problem a couple of years ago as well?

nx2001
10-17-2013, 09:50 AM
Any update on Murray Creek FSR near Spences Bridge concerning the nails? A buddy and I were thinking of heading up that direction this coming weekend.

srupp
10-17-2013, 10:18 AM
I only picked up a few (6) none in my atv tires....looked to be deliberately bent also...I believe there was a notice somewhere in my travels there..LOTS OF DEER sign on the Murray Creek twells? rd at about 6-8 kms even freshly raked small sapplings .that was the highest concentration of deer sign in Boatani or all the way over to HWY 12...some decent tracks size also and the fresh rubs..I recommend the area. for deer however if you find a full curl bighorn where they are hiding I do accept e-mails pms..lol saw 188 sheep in 10 days the biggest ram was a IFFY..the kind that get a hunter into trouble so I walked away...

cheers
teven

srupp
10-17-2013, 10:21 AM
send me a pm with a ph # and have amap ready and Ill be even more specific..

cheers
Steven

new trigger
10-18-2013, 11:19 AM
We spent 4 days in there over Thankgiving, saw a bunch of nails and lucky for us, no flats.
Snow saturday morning but evaporated in minutes, cold and sun for sunday till tuesday, great weather for our 4th annual, anniversary grouse hunt.
Also a bunch of firsts for us - Grouse drum sticks cooked over the fire each night
- Heard a couple, and saw a grouse drumming (thought they only did that in the spring)
- have our dog hunt with us on the quad (incredibly gun or anything that looks like a gun, shy dog)
- and a bright green sack? organ? in one of the grouse we harvested. Shot 40 -50 grouse in our 4 years and have not seen
that green piece in a grouse.
trying to add a photo to the post, but no success yet.I'll try again later to resize the photo and get some feedback on identifying the mysterious green sack.

Stresd
10-18-2013, 12:38 PM
Could have been the crop full of pine needles?