PDA

View Full Version : Is This Your Camp?

bigbuckbuster
10-07-2013, 08:58 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1378526_10202422183340692_41896085_n.jpg
Found this camp and was wondering if it belonged to anyone on here. Its in Reg 8 but that all I can say. Very cool spot, absolutely spotless and some obvious hog racks hung on the "Kitchen".

7mm
10-07-2013, 09:00 AM
thats awesome wish my camp looked like that

10-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Can't say if I told ya I'd have to kill you but thanks for the encouragement on keeping it clean and cool place to call home .

CT

Amphibious
10-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Fixed hunt camp? is this Reg 8.... Ontario? ;)

The beer can is classy!

Sofa King
10-07-2013, 09:47 AM
who has the time, or room, to haul and erect a bunch of racks?
i'd rather concentrate on adding a new one to the collection.
and yeah, the beer can just ruins the whole thing and probably says a lot about the hunters.
to me, sticking something on a rack seems disrespectful.
I remember I had a friend helping me drag a deer out of a steep rocky area once, he had finished his water bottle and stabbed it onto one of the tines. I pulled it off and put it in my pack.

bigbuckbuster
10-07-2013, 10:23 AM
and yeah, the beer can just ruins the whole thing and probably says a lot about the hunters.
I remember I had a friend helping me drag a deer out of a steep rocky area once, he had finished his water bottle and stabbed it onto one of the tines. I pulled it off and put it in my pack.

I don't even know if it was them that put the can on there. IMO it says nothing about the hunters, I have never seen such a clean camp. No rope, no garbage, even the fire wood was neatly stacked. These guys are class acts in my books and very skilled hunters by the looks of those racks.

Gateholio
10-07-2013, 11:04 AM
There is always someone that can find fault with a good thing. Looks like a great camp to me.

Fella
10-07-2013, 11:23 AM
You're supposed to put milk on your cornflakes, not piss.

proguide66
10-07-2013, 12:17 PM
There is always someone that can find fault with a good thing. Looks like a great camp to me.

NO shit......holy fack.....beer can on a tine of a bleached out skull/antler in a remote hunting camp on a post.....OH MY EFFING GOD.......the " disrespect" is just way too much to swallow.......horrible.....:roll: , WHAT kind of 'hunters' could do this???.....JEEEZUZ!!...... I think we should report them to R.A.P.P.

Islandeer
10-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Like the Pembertons said, leave the bitchin for something important ... like running out of ass wipe. :confused:

d6dan
10-07-2013, 01:59 PM

Agreed Clarke, that camp reminds me of H47's old one. Years of collecting winter kills and sheds.

Darksith
10-07-2013, 02:36 PM

obviously they don't need to spend more time getting the big one...and I'd bet the beer can wasn't put there by that person. I would do the same thing if I didn't want the rack and camped at the same place every year. Man you are such a debbie downer dullie. Always got something criticising to say...its getting so old.

ActionJackson017
10-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Time to queue the response where he back pedals and says it's our fault for misinterpreting his post. I'm tired of it too.

To the pic at hand though, that looks very cool and obviously they've put some time and effort in to their location. Glad to see the OP is helping protect the whereabouts by being deliberately vague. Possible that the beer can was a message left by someone else like 'I'm going to make it obvious I here, but wish to respect those who it belongs to by not taking / damaging anything.'

kyleklassen
10-07-2013, 08:13 PM
would look better with a rum bottle

Citori54
10-07-2013, 08:50 PM
I agree.....Duallie always has a complaint about something or something negative to say. Last week he was giving Hunter1947 grief because he was hunting alone and decided to let an elk walk that was too far to pack by himself. What is it to you if a hunter lets an animal walk. Wayne showed good judgement in my opinion.......too bad Duallie wouldn't on occasion.

coach
10-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Cool picture. Looks like the guys just leave the small racks from their "meat bucks" on the pole. Would be interesting to see what made the walls at their homes.

Mallardman23
10-08-2013, 04:57 AM
still clean, that's nice to here.

Mallardman23
10-08-2013, 05:12 AM
just too let you know our hunting group does have respect for wildlife and the land we hunt.

HARDICAT
10-08-2013, 06:26 AM
There was a typo,should read "I had a friend once "

Big Lew
10-08-2013, 07:01 AM
Like the Pembertons said, leave the bitchin for something important ... like running out of ass wipe. :confused:

You'll never run out of ass wipe as long as you have shirttails :-D

ElliotMoose
10-08-2013, 07:16 AM
Getting old indeed. Don't think I've stumbled across one positive post from the guy. Have a drink or something bud. Looks like a sweet setup and some impressive animals to say the least, hats off to these gentleman! I agree with coach, would love to see what sort of animals would be considered "wall worthy" !!

r106
10-08-2013, 07:32 AM
Man you are such a debbie downer dullie. Always got something criticising to say...its getting so old.

I couldn't agree more.

Like coach said. If they leave those racks in the bush I would like to see what they have on the walls in there house

proguide66
10-08-2013, 07:35 AM
I read a quote the other day that made big sense. " Many people can not see the world as it is , they see it as they ARE." SO true for the miserable ones.

wicket
10-08-2013, 01:05 PM
now that is a quote I am going to remember....so true for sooooo many miserable people, thanks for posting

nice camp, I can imagine all the good times and camaraderie had there which to me is very much the most important part of the hunt as I get older and friends and family are no longer around

Rubicon500
10-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Sure get tired of these loosers cutting down every picture and thread !! Why dont they just get a ban for being such a negative douche ? All these people and respecting the animal crap , at the end of the day you just shot/killed the animal so really how much respect are you giving it ? Thats like telling someone " No offense but your a ****ing idiot , no offense tho" . Yes i enjoy shooting animals , I video the hunt , I hoot and holler when it bang flops , Im not going to pray to the lord and say sorry for taking an animals life , I just purposly put a bullet in its engine room like really Im not sorry at all.
my rant for the day

Midland
10-08-2013, 04:21 PM
It is comments like the one about the beer can that make me wonder why I come back to this site. Makes a guy hestate before posting anything on here.

Darksith
10-08-2013, 08:33 PM
It is comments like the one about the beer can that make me wonder why I come back to this site. Makes a guy hestate before posting anything on here.

really it wasn't that bad of a comment if it was a one off, but it wasn't. That being said, if you need to think about why you come here, well...

Gateholio
10-08-2013, 10:29 PM
I often wonder if we should keep duallie around. Seems to never have a good word for anyone. Reminds me of someone else .....

Drillbit
10-08-2013, 10:41 PM
I like duallie's posts.

They all speak from experience to me.

I might not agree with some things he posts, but everyone has their own opinion.

In this case he took disrespect to hanging "littler" on a set of antlers.

I could tell a story about the christmas dinner holiday event when a BrotherInLaw decorated one of my shoulder mounts to look like Rudolph and damaged it but I won't. I respect the animals I hunt/kill and nail them to the wall to make them immortal in memory and remember the camaraderie that day, not to disrespect them and hang shit off them.

birosj
10-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Nice clean camp. All camps should be like this one. Leave it better than you find it.
As for the fellow not pulling the trigger because of the situation he was in, kudo's to him.
Fun stops and work begins when the trigger is pulled.

RiverOtter
10-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Not that it matters at this point, but I'm not even sure if it's actually a beer can, looks like it might be a pop can.........:-D

Looks like darn nice camp for an annual hunt, good on the boys who call it home for a week or two every fall......

REMINGTON JIM
10-09-2013, 06:41 PM

GOOD on you Duallie ! I like to hear that - keeping the BUSH clean ! :-D BUT how do you know that the camp owners-hunters put that BEER can on the antlers - Hell it might have being your friend - Buddy that did it ! :cry: LOL RJ

adriaticum
10-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Looks like my ancestral sacred grounds.

adriaticum
10-09-2013, 06:53 PM

Not for the faint at heart.