PDA

View Full Version : Successfull LEH Moose hunt Chilcotin Cariboo

donnycanadian
10-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Awesome. I left for the Chilcotin Carriboo on Tues last week. Sat. morning at 9:45 AM I shot my LEH Bull Moose at around 100 yds. Quartered and dragged on a quick drag system to my truck. Loaded and heading home to Vancouver Island at 4:50 PM.
What a great hunt.
I saw 4 moose in total, 3 cows and the bull I tagged.
30 + Mule deer.
Many, many rabbits and grouse, (including the grouse I ate), and a squirrel in every 4th to 5th tree telling me I had no right where I was. Lol.
All in all a great hunt ending in my deep freeze full of BC LEH Bull Moose.
Guys I used the new "Quick Draw Rifle Sling" while walking the area and found it very comfy and a helpful arm rest while walking. I know it is made as a ATV quick draw method but I liked the way it felt just walking.
quickdrawriflesling.com

The Dawg
10-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Way to go! Pics!

Jagermeister
10-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Well done there DonnyCanadian. Nothing like getting the job done in a timely fashion.

On a sidenote in reference to the video link. How can a new hunter understand that it is illegal to carry a loaded firearm on a motorized vehicle when the video of the Quickdrawriflesling depicts just that scenerio?

Sleep Robber
10-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Well done there DonnyCanadian. Nothing like getting the job done in a timely fashion.

On a sidenote in reference to the video link. How can a new hunter understand that it is illegal to carry a loaded firearm on a motorized vehicle when the video of the Quickdrawriflesling depicts just that scenerio?

Thanks for the reminder,

It's against the law to have your firearm loaded when on a ATV let a lone your truck etc.

Congrats on the moose DC !!

Sofa King
10-05-2013, 10:49 AM
nice moose.
congrats on the success.

donnycanadian
10-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks for all the interest guys. It was a fun hunt. Looking forward to next year now.
The loaded firearm issue is that quick draw sells all over North America and it is not illegal everywhere to carry loaded firearm.
That said it is a point I have considered many times for the same reason you have considered it.

donnycanadian
10-05-2013, 11:25 AM
The film should be re-shot showing the hunter putting his clip in and cocking the rifle better depicting the most common law not to carry a loaded firearm on any vehicle. Anyone want to come to the island with your ATV to do a re-shoot.

Rackem
10-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Any pics of your trip or moose?

donnycanadian
10-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Now how about a new joke.

A blonde is standing in front of a pop machine as a man walks up behind her.
She drops in a coin pushes a button and a pop drops out the bottom.
She grabs the pop, sets it down and puts another coin in.
Once more she chooses a button, pushes it and a pop drops out.
The man behind watches this continue through several pops and cant help but notice the blonde seems to be very excited every time a pop drops out.
Finally getting quite irritated at having to wait so long to get a pop himself he says to the blond,
"do you mind, I would like a chance too".
The blonde turns around and looks him in the eye and says,
"there is no way I am giving up this machine as long as I keep winning".

Rackem
10-05-2013, 11:44 AM
I guess that is a no then lol...

Husky7mm
10-05-2013, 11:45 AM
Hmmm? No pics, I don't know if it really happened......