PDA

View Full Version : 100 Miles trip on Thanksgiving

jw10112
10-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Hey folks,

Hope all your seasons are going well, and if you haven't had the chance to get out..then wtf! Take some time off and get out there. lol

I have a trip planned for the Thanksgiving weekend for the 100 mile area. It'll be my first time hunting in that area, and I was curious was advice any of the experienced hunting in that area may have for someone such as myself.

Let me know if you'r willing to share your knowledge! Thanks fellas

Title should say 100 mile* by the way lol

ianm
10-04-2013, 11:59 AM
3-30 is a hunters dream...not quite in the 100 mile area, but I was doing some late summer scouting up there and saw tooooooonnnnns of tracks (deer, moose, black bear, wolf and cat), and saw some muley spikers and doe. The service roads I was traveling up and down were laden with tracks; I've never seen anything like it. The only thing I don't know is how heavily it's hunted. If you swing by Exeter in 100 mile, talk to the girls behind the counter. They'll give you some good info.

jw10112
10-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Perfect mate, I'll be sure to look into it if I'm in that specific area. many thanks

coach
10-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Where are you staying? Anywhere from Bridge lake to Lac La Hache could all be considered 100 Mile. There's good hunting in many areas.. Just need to narrow things down a bit.

caddisguy
10-10-2013, 01:58 PM
I'll be in the area as well. I'm hunting out of Lac la hache over the weekend. I have never hunted in the area either, but I know a bit of the surrounding area from prior trips, mostly fishing. I'm hoping to find a buck, but I'll settle for some birds. Getting skunked is not an option this time :D