PDA

View Full Version : 10/22 heavy barrels...

hoochie
01-25-2007, 03:32 AM
where can someone get a heavy barrel and a new stock for a 10/22?
I got this new gunsmithing book last week, and it shows a combo from Butler Creek. its a heavy barrel and your choice of two synthetic stocks.. but I havent ever seen this in the stores.
So, where does someone go to get this stuff?
I have seen many very nicely modded 10/22's and I want to give it a go....

Steeleco
01-25-2007, 04:12 AM
Besides the normal Russell's/ Wholesale sports places there is a place in the US that will ship to Canada, look up rimfire sports. Lots of 10-22 goodies there. Just keep an eye on your wallet as you get started, 10-22's can eat up money faster than you think. Have fun just the same, it is addicting!!

lapadat
01-25-2007, 07:49 AM
Hub's can get you what you're looking for. You can also check out CanadianGunNutz.com for more accessories.

Lap

BearSniper
01-25-2007, 08:30 AM
Hi Hoochie,

Its a bit of a drive, but Maybe try Del Sellins Gun shop in Vernon. Or I guess he could mail something to you.

He's a Ruger dealer, among others. I got my 10/22 there and he had several other pre owned models to choose from.

The shop is a classic place to visit. Its jam packed with all kinds of firearms and a huge assortment of accessories, books, and videos. Some say its one of the last remaining true gunsmithing shops in Western Canada.

his phone is 250-545-6413

2803 28th st Vernon B.C.

Hope this helps.

kishman
01-25-2007, 08:47 AM
Hi Hoochie, check out Bits of Pieces in Delta, he's got several aftermarket stocks for the 10/.22. As well as barrels, .920 and standard. Here's the link.

http://www.bitsofpieces.com/revival.html

Good luck, (I love my 10/.22 as well)

kishman,

bighornbob
01-25-2007, 09:20 AM
I know the Powder Keg in Kamloops had one sitting on the shelf the last time I was there (just before X-mas). It was a butler creek combo (stock and a heavy barrel) The barrel looked like it was wrapped in Kevlar or something if I remember correctly.

BHB