PDA

View Full Version : Hunting In The Snow Today

Chilliwack
10-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Was in snow most of the day and came upon a covey of willows with 4 falling to the 16 gauge.

Then 4 mule deer crossed in front of me a short time later with one being a 2 point. The disappeared into the timber so I followed and after a bit there they were, standing looking at me. I pick out the buck and the cross hairs find the target, in a range of about 30 yards. Just as I take off the safety and prepare to squeeze the trigger a doe walks right behing my target, ouch not taking a hence of hitting her.

As I wait for her to move the 4 decide they have seen enough of this strange creature and move into thicker brush. I follow but no more sight of them.

Oh well I did not want to go home on the second day of my hunt and want to meet up with the Master who is lake fishing not too far away.

Rackem
10-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Take some pics! Snow makes me feel like Christmas and the first day of school rolled into one....love it!

thunderheart
10-02-2013, 04:27 PM
where were u in the snow?
just the general area .. not your hunny hole

Firstblood
10-02-2013, 11:28 PM
its been snowing at the top of greenstone/ tunkwa, 3-19 for the last few nights, not too much on the ground but comin down good.

Chilliwack
10-03-2013, 04:22 PM
where were u in the snow?
just the general area .. not your hunny hole

Princeton, nothing today but saw 3 bucks downtown, one hooking a tree by the A&W.:-D Saw one hunter with a spike buck. Moving to another area tomorrow.