PDA

View Full Version : Mulie hunting MU 3-19

lakelander
10-02-2013, 02:43 PM
We are planning a mule deer hunt in MU 3-19. Has anyone stayed at Tunkwa Lake Resort? Wondering if its in good deer country (don't want to be driving too far from the resort). Also are there any Whitetails around there..its open for any sex..wonder if I should get a tag just in case.

Also interested to hear what you guys eat for breakfast at 4 a.m. before a morning hunt?

Thanks.

russm
10-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Not sure where the resorts at but there should be deer around, I'd get a white tail tag just in case, as for breakfast I go large lol, sausage,bacon,eggs,toast, booze with coffee in it, pancakes, if I somehow sleep in cereal and a coffee lol.

Whonnock Boy
10-02-2013, 02:56 PM
No, yes, yes, yes... I usually have some sort of breakfast bar, and or trail mix, and or a piece of fruit. If I'm in the moose shack I will make up some sort of eggwhich, or porridge. I hope this helps. :-D P.S. Do a search on Tunkwa, and you will come up with most of the same questions you have just asked. I think it was only last week that someone had asked them. :wink:

Steeleco
10-02-2013, 03:16 PM
There's deer all over the Merritt area Drop $16 and get the WT tag, you've wasted more money on less things!!

caddisguy
10-02-2013, 03:30 PM
We are planning a mule deer hunt in MU 3-19. Has anyone stayed at Tunkwa Lake Resort? Wondering if its in good deer country (don't want to be driving too far from the resort). Also are there any Whitetails around there..its open for any sex..wonder if I should get a tag just in case.

Also interested to hear what you guys eat for breakfast at 4 a.m. before a morning hunt?

Thanks.

I have stayed at the Tunkwa Lake Resort, but I can only say the fishing is good and that the people are great over there. I was not hunting at that time. I can't imagine you would need to go too far for deer.

Either Sex is youth-only right?

lakelander
10-03-2013, 12:25 AM
Thanks! Caddisguy either sex is not youth only :)

Steelpulse
10-03-2013, 12:36 AM
good bucks around there get both tags for sure chance at a whitetail most likely mule and potential for a really nice one, no more than an hour in most directions would get you into prime areas, never stayed at tunkwa, breakfast coffee fruit granola bars

lakelander
10-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Thanks all. Most helpful!

Caveman
10-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks! Caddisguy either sex is not youth only :)

Either sex is "Youth Only", Nov 1-30

hare_assassin
10-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Mulie should be a no-brainer. I have heard there are WTs too, but never seen one. If you have any interest in black bear, get that tag, too.

I live in the area, so I wake up in my own bed; what I eat for breakfast isn't something I should discuss in a public forum. ;)

Really, though. I usually hunt better when I am hungry.

hare_assassin
10-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Either sex is "Youth Only", Nov 1-30

Yes, however "Antlerless" is Oct 10 - Oct 31 and "Bucks" are Sept 10 - Dec 10.

So, in effect, "Either Sex" (for anyone) is from Oct 10 - Oct 31.

specbelly
10-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Either sex whitetail open Oct10. There are whitetails near the lake, along the powerline but you need to go in after them. Lots of Mulies. Stayed at Tunkwa a few times, nothing bad to say. This year I booked a cabin at Mile High resort for a change starting Oct19 I also hear there are lots of chickens around this year.

delboybc
10-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Hi

Camped at the resort this summer to do some scouting of the area. No power but nice cabins and showers. People working at the resort were very friendly and gave me some good advice on the area.

Spent two days hiking around and saw plenty of deer signs. Didn't see any bucks but saw mulie and WT does and a cow moose.

Didn't see anything from the road but didn't have to get far into the bush to see the deer and signs.

Del

biggyun68
10-06-2013, 06:09 AM
Lots of Road hunters: get off the road and walk the trails - there are lots and the walking is not too hard either

B-rad
10-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Yes lots of deer out that way,,,kamloops had a huge carry over from last year,,,mostly mulies,,,chance of white tails closer to walloper and stake lake areas,,,,if road hunting up in tunkwa area,do the putt putt,,,(5km),,,drive bout 10 k in any direction pretty much,,stop,,,have a smoke,or sandwich,,coffee what have u,,,turn around and putt putt back,,,deer up in that area are use to sound of vehicles,,,u will catch em off guard with back and forth routine,,why tunkwa though?cabins? I'm out pretty much in the kamloops area every second day,,and allllllllll around tons of deer,,if u want some other areas send me a message(white tail,,mule,,beer,,birds) ill help ya out for some good spots,,,I've already bagged my mulie and white tail buck,,,waiting till 10th for a white tail doe,,awesome years for deer,,,especially for the new and up coming outdoorsman

tachi
10-06-2013, 07:50 PM
:-D:-DHi, B-rad:
Thank you for sharing, I'm coming from Vancouver and would you please show me some good spots for white-tail.

6pt_elk_wannabe
10-09-2013, 04:08 PM
If you go for a walk bring the shotgun or the .22 I've seen more rabbits around tunkwa then I've seen anywhere else, all off the main trails of course ;)