PDA

View Full Version : Tatlayoko moose

texcrantler
10-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Coming to Tatlayoko to hunt moose next week, What can be expected? Thanks in advance.

Whonnock Boy
10-02-2013, 02:18 PM
What can be expected?
It can be expected to be razzed for not introducing yourself, and not telling an introductory joke before asking advice on the forum. :wink: Welcome to HBC, and good luck with the hunt. Wish I could help you out.

ru rancher
10-02-2013, 02:23 PM
I have never hunted tatlayoko but I have hunted chezacut for moose got one there last year and my brother has got one there 2 years in a row now I'd assume it'll be similar since they are fairly close to each other basically look for a real good meadow not accessible by road and hunt the bush around it look listen and you should find one I advise to
stay along ways away from any vehicle accessible roads due to First Nations in those parts shot every moose on site

Rackem
10-02-2013, 02:24 PM
I worked on a ranch out there, always saw Mulies and Moose on the way out...don't expect a warm welcome from the residents there...

texcrantler
10-02-2013, 02:24 PM
LOl, yea I suppose, name is Scott own Tex creek Antler, we are one of the largest buyers of antler in North America. coming to Canada to hunt moose. as this is the top item on the bucket list. Hope to have a great time as I will be spending 10 days there.

warnniklz
10-02-2013, 04:12 PM
I haven't been back in there for years. Gorgeous country back there. Don't think there's snow out there yet. If(more than a likely chance) the wolves are running the moose. Find some thick willows in a grassy swamp. Then before first lightand at last light watch the edge of the willows.

Aboot the only tip I can give ya eh.

blackbart
10-02-2013, 10:28 PM
Tell me about your antler buying please. I have a fair number should the price be right.