PDA

View Full Version : what size of the log is legal to bring it home as firewood ?

city hunter
10-02-2013, 03:07 AM
Hi There I am wondering if I go hunting on the mountain and see some tree or log on the ground ,can I just cut it with chainsaw and bring it home for firewood,The point is ....Is there any size of a log or tree I can't cut ??I heard said that you couldn't cut a log into 4' long and bring it home it's illegal something like that,is that turth ???Any help would be apprecited ,thanks a lot !!!

wrenchhead
10-02-2013, 05:37 AM
Yes you need a firewood permit, which is available on forestrys website. They have rules and regulations on there. If I can recall I believe 20 inches long is the max length.

sawmill
10-02-2013, 06:32 AM
Permit is free,download and print from the forestry website.

caddisguy
10-02-2013, 07:40 AM
I chose the permit for east harrison. If I recall it's
good for non-evergreen, within 30m of the road after about 15km down the FSR. It's been a while since I looked at it so don't take my word. Honestly I just printed it out because folks were getting fined for taking dead limbs off the ground, which is about all I needed for campfires. Check out the permits/rules for different areas and have fun lumberjack :D

2stroked
10-02-2013, 07:47 AM
you can cut logs 1.2 m long in Quesnel district. Just under 4'

bighornbob
10-02-2013, 08:21 AM
Each forestry district has their own rules. In the Penticton Forest district (which includes Kelowna and Vernon), cant be longer then 22 inches and bigger wider then 16 inches. In the Kamloops district lengths can be up to 7 feet and 16 inches wide.

BHB

Steeleco
10-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Google be your friend!!

http://search.gov.bc.ca/search?q=firewood&client=legacy_for_fe&proxystylesheet=legacy_for_fe&proxyload=1&site=for

As mentioned each reg is different, don't get busted without one especially at this time of year. The CO gents police that stuff too.
I actually witnessed a guy at the old toll plaza getting busted for no wood permit, when they we're done off loading the wood, there was a doe hidden below the stack.

city hunter
10-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Thank all of your helpful info !!!