PDA

View Full Version : Kuiu - Customer Service

WKCotts
10-01-2013, 08:03 PM
At the conclusion of my sheep hunt last year I decided it was time to upgrade some of my hunting gear. After a ton of research I decided that I would invest in some new Kuiu gear. I may have went a little crazy tho, I ordered a ton of it!

Fast forward 10 months and I absolutely love the gear, it's incredible. However, during my solo elk pack out a few weeks ago I tripped and tore my Kuiu Guide pants in two places. Completely my fault and I'm pretty sure any pant would have ripped.

Once I got out of the bush I emailed Jason Hairston, Kuiu founder, told him about the pants and made sure to attach a few pics of the pants and the 2 elk we had taken this year (one is a monster!)

I'm sure he is busy as heck but he replied within an hour, said congrats and offered to replace the pants for free. A member of his staff emailed me shortly after to confirm my address and said the pants would be out first thing in the am.

Great guys, great company. Don't hear too many good stories these days so I had to share.

Eric

PS I will post the elk pics and stories sometime... :)

monasheemountainman
10-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Awesome I just got some of their stuff too. Live it so far

Bigbullsh$tter
10-01-2013, 08:19 PM
They just sent my guide vest today.......little late but oh well. Guide jacket and pants are freaking awesome, tons of stretch and breathability. Cotts, do you have any of the Yukon line or their new rain gear?

WKCotts
10-01-2013, 08:24 PM
I don't have any of their rain gear Brad. I purchased good rain gear before the sheep hunt last year and Kuiu wasn't really on my radar then. Christmas is coming up tho lol I use all their merino underlayers, guide vest, jacket and pant as well as attack pants and some accessories. I really want to give their pack a good look before my sheep hunt next August too. Top notch gear for sure

skleep23
10-01-2013, 08:53 PM
I don't have any of their rain gear Brad. I purchased good rain gear before the sheep hunt last year and Kuiu wasn't really on my radar then. Christmas is coming up tho lol I use all their merino underlayers, guide vest, jacket and pant as well as attack pants and some accessories. I really want to give their pack a good look before my sheep hunt next August too. Top notch gear for sure

Just picked up my Kuiu 5200 pack from the US mailbox. Heading back home this weekend if you're around you can check it out! Man this thing is super lightweight and built well!!

WKCotts
10-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Just picked up my Kuiu 5200 pack from the US mailbox. Heading back home this weekend if you're around you can check it out! Man this thing is super lightweight and built well!!

Ill be back next weekend buddy! Would love to check it out. I need the 7200 for sheep. How did you guys make out up north?

skleep23
10-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Saweet!! I'm heading up for my goat on Sat morn for the week. We harvested a couple elk. Nothing to brag about but got some meat in the freezer.It was hot as heck up there! Those northern bulls are nothing like back home.... I still have my tag so If i get the job done on the goat quick enough I'll be looking for a bull also. Quite the area we were in!! The boat got pretty beat up with the 1hr of straight boulder bashing! Can't wait to go back

WKCotts
10-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Awesome. Email me over some pics when you get a chance

Stone Sheep Steve
10-02-2013, 08:34 AM
That's good to hear!!

I lost my footing last yr and started sliding down the mountain and only my ass stopped me. Ripped a hole in my new Kuiu attack pants. Too bad I burned the leg on my motorbike or I might have considered using your approach.

SSS

luckynuts
10-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Absouletly Great customer service and the gear works like it should love it. Congrats on your hunt.

W

RMAC
10-02-2013, 09:59 PM
I have quite a bit of KUIU gear and have also found their customer service to be really good. They definitely stand behind their products. I have the Icon 7000 pack and got to try it out this year and absolutely love it. Lightweight and comfortable. The only issue is getting their products as they are often out of stock and can sometimes take many months for them to get more.