PDA

View Full Version : Titan TL-4 Crossbows

Fisher-Dude
01-24-2007, 03:22 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes.

I'm looking at getting a crossbow for next season. It would be used mostly on late season deer hunts, and maybe for early season elk. The boys at the local sporting goods store talked up the TenPoint Titan TL-4 crossbow. Anyone have any opinions/experience with these? Are they the best bang for the buck (pun intended!)?

TIA

http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=75

rocksteady
01-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Try before you buy to ensure proper fit feel etc.

Excalibur, Horton, higher end Barnets....

I personally have a Horton, very happy with it..

Bow Walker
01-24-2007, 04:55 PM
The only person on this site that I know who has shot and owned crossbow(s) is Brother Jack. Give him a dingle for his thoughts and insight.
Dan.

bcfarmer
01-24-2007, 06:23 PM
I curently own 2 hortons...1st buy was a horton yukon sl 150...pinned ..which took a little time to get used to. 2nd is a horton explorer xl 150 which has a horton red dot scope on it. It was very quick to get onto. Both crossbows send bolts out at about 240-260fps depending on the weight of bolt/pt or broadhead used. This are chronied speeds. My son took a 150 muley with the first 2 yrs ago from 22yds with no problems. Haven't shot anything with the second as yet.

They definitely help one extend their hunting season as well as get one into a new and challenging way of hunting.

good luck on your new purchase.

mark
01-24-2007, 08:44 PM
I met a guy in the bush with that bow and he swears by it! He says 6" grouping at 70 yards no problem!

Dad and son
01-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Hi
I own 2 of the exact crossbow you are thinking of buying. I just love them. My kids and I have found them to be very accurate plus simple to use. In my opinion the technology in the Ten Point Crossbows make them the superior Crossbow on the market today. If you are in the Burnaby area you are welcome to take a few shots in my backyard. To give you an example of their accuracy. I have photos of both of my kids (10 & 12)first ever 4 shots with the crossbow. Both were shooting a very tight group within 4-6 inches of center at 30 yards, yet neither had shot any type of bow before.

Sideofabarn
01-24-2007, 09:53 PM
You may want to also consider the excalibur brand of crossbows... I don't know how they compare price wise with the ten points, but the are a recurve, which makes for an easier time should you need to replace a string. If you believe the hype, they are about the fastest crossbow out there, and if you subscribe to the buy local ethos, they are made out in the centre of the universe.

Stresd
01-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Been researching crossbows as getting one this spring. Figured the people on the Crossbow forums would have an idea. My conclusion after following numerous Forums is the Excalibur. Hands down rated #1. Can't count how many times that I read of people changing their equipment over to Excalibur. as a bonus they are a Canadian made product
Read for yourself
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tt.aspx?forumid=96

RiverOtter
01-25-2007, 09:25 AM
I own the Ten Point Titan and would buy another one. Love the thumbhole stock.

I too have heard alot of good about the Excalibur's, but originaly didn't look too closely at them because I thought they were ugly.

RO

phoenix
01-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Excalibur, I've shot quite a few different ones including the Ten-Point and as you can see by my handle I bought the Excalibur Phoenix. Two shots, two deer. Awesome bow, incredible trigger and great accuracy. See Rodger at Hub Sports in Langley, they gave me an incredible deal on mine.
Kim

GoatGuy
01-25-2007, 05:52 PM
And the Dude becomes a bowhunter - you'll have to come out this spring and stick a bolt in a barrrrr.

one-shot-wonder
01-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Dude, why a compund bow as appose to a compound?

a sporting guy like yourself I thought would prefer a compound, (non-import of course :lol:)

Does your elbow ail you? if so I still have some Mazola oil left you can borrow:wink:

Good luck dealing with Thumbs.....here's to "sticking" something with the new toy.8-)