PDA

View Full Version : Here's how to destroy a hunting area !!

Sniper
01-24-2007, 03:03 PM
Well I felt like a change of scenery so I moved to Savona to enjoy hunting in this area for a while. So far I like the area but I don't like the fact that the hunting here is quickly being destroyed !! My son and his friends have been doing a little back road hunting the last few weeks and have found 2 Cougars snared along with 5 moose carcasses through out the area :evil: This morning I head over to the local store for my morning paper and low and behold there is a native filling up his pickup truck and there is a Moose in the box of the truck!:evil: Guess thats just the way the cookie crumbles there are not that many moose here to start with I'm sure they will be none existant here shortly my son tells me every moose track in the area that crosses the road has been walked in on so looks like the slaughter continues. When will the government get their head out of their ass and stop this crap?

Will
01-24-2007, 03:53 PM
:confused:

Rob
01-24-2007, 03:57 PM
Alot of rez's in that area.

Rob
01-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Could the Gov't not farm raise animals and give the meat to the bands, maybe then we could aviod the safety concerns surrounding them pitlamping at night

oscar makonka
01-24-2007, 04:05 PM
The gov't could give them a years supply of prawns and t-bones but they would still go out and kill stuff year round, there's always that percentage of them that do it to rub it in our faces just because they can.

GoatGuy
01-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Report anyways, just let the CO know.

MattB
01-24-2007, 04:19 PM
There's a lot of moose in that area. Just head up towards Logan Lake...I used to see the natives hunting in that country all the time.

tufferthandug
01-24-2007, 04:26 PM
Let the CO's know. It's pretty tough to tell these day's who has a status card and who does not.

If I was in doubt of this hunting act I would call this number:

1-877-952-7277

hunter1947
01-24-2007, 05:19 PM
There is a big hole in our Justus system and to tell you the truth ,we as hunters can blab and squawk all we what till were blue in the face and they the government that runs the hole show will do nothing ,been there done it ,nothing ever happens :mad: hunter 1947.

Chuck
01-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Geeez! And they've started shooting the Eagles again too.

bayou
01-24-2007, 07:36 PM
As far as I no there is no trapping season for cougars any where in B.C. so you should take photos and report what you see.

Woodrow
01-24-2007, 08:36 PM
if the government gave me moose meat for free i would still want to go out and hunt one. If someone told me that every time there was an inch of room in my freezer to go out and fill it back up again, i dont think that i would argue with them.

3kills
01-25-2007, 06:11 AM
hey guys i agree with u on some aspects but watch what u say...its not always natives that poach...u guys gotta remember we have native members here....white guys poach just the same poachers are poachers dont blame it all one race....

hunter1947
01-25-2007, 06:47 AM
YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH. You have bad people in all races . And the government is doing very little on bad hunting practices ,weather it is the white face or others races involved. hunter 1947.

Gunner
01-25-2007, 10:04 AM
I wouldn't mind this c**p so much if people were actually EATING the animals they poach.Unfortunately most illegally killed wildlife gets offered for beer money in the local watering hole.My partner on the Island turned in two individuals selling elk quarters in the pub in Nanaimo 20years ago.They were prosecuted,but his name was turned over to the defence on a witness list.It wasn't long before the phone started to ring at 3:00 am,and there were threats against his wife and kids.He testified,and they were found guilty(slap on the wrist),but he moved his family off the Island for fear of retaliation.It was 5 years before he felt safe enough to move back. Gunner

SUAFOYT
01-25-2007, 11:04 AM
if the government gave me moose meat for free i would still want to go out and hunt one. If someone told me that every time there was an inch of room in my freezer to go out and fill it back up again, i dont think that i would argue with them.

I thought that it was supposed to be called sport hunting. IMO if you're that desperate for meat in this day and age- go to Safeway.

Murder
01-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Double standards makes me wanna start shootin indians. Seriously though, what's with this pitlamping bullshit? Native ancestors used a flaming stick and a bow and arrow. 1,000,000 candle power spotlights and high powered rifles are the white mans doing. It is just plain dangerous to run around at night shooting at eyes. And I thought natives were good hunters? If so, why hunt at night and give yourself the advantage? Hunt in the day time like the rest of us. Geesh.

K-1
01-25-2007, 11:31 AM
There are on native poachers.:twisted: They are called tribal hunters,:lol: they are allowed to hunt anything they want when ever they want. Only white guys are called poachers. If a white guy gets caught he is "hissed, booed ,tared and feathered." and his name is broadcasted all over the country . There is no two sided law it's just one "F" up system.

Browningmirage
01-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Double standards makes me wanna start shootin indians. Seriously though, what's with this pitlamping bullshit? Native ancestors used a flaming stick and a bow and arrow. 1,000,000 candle power spotlights and high powered rifles are the white mans doing. It is just plain dangerous to run around at night shooting at eyes. And I thought natives were good hunters? If so, why hunt at night and give yourself the advantage? Hunt in the day time like the rest of us. Geesh.

theres another thread on this subject,

I agree that double standards are outdated, they should be done away with, and people are getting fed up with them. I agree that this is racism. However, there is one thing that people have not been willing to do, they have not been willing to stand up to our government, and tell them what we think. It is honestly just as much our fault for not standing up for what we believe in. We may wine and snivel in our circles, but in reality, we are not willing (or afraid) to stand and point out a wrong in the hopes of making it right. "it takes too much effort", "they never listen", "one person never makes a difference". Well ill tell you what, as long as people are sitting around doing nothing, NOTHING WILL HAPPEN, its as plain and simple as that.

Extremist views also will get you nowhere, people will not listen, and you will lose credibility. Use logical arguments, with credible reasoning, and you will get a lot farther.

"EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT" Edmund Burke

SUAFOYT
01-25-2007, 11:47 AM

I agree that double standards are outdated, they should be done away with, and people are getting fed up with them. I agree that this is racism. However, there is one thing that people have not been willing to do, they have not been willing to stand up to our government, and tell them what we think. It is honestly just as much our fault for not standing up for what we believe in. We may wine and snivel in our circles, but in reality, we are not willing (or afraid) to stand and point out a wrong in the hopes of making it right. "it takes too much effort", "they never listen", "one person never makes a difference". Well ill tell you what, as long as people are sitting around doing nothing, NOTHING WILL HAPPEN, its as plain and simple as that.

Extremist views also will get you nowhere, people will not listen, and you will lose credibility. Use logical arguments, with credible reasoning, and you will get a lot farther.

Well and properly put.

huntwriter
01-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Browningmirage - I agree that double standards are outdated, they should be done away with, and people are getting fed up with them. I agree that this is racism. However, there is one thing that people have not been willing to do, they have not been willing to stand up to our government, and tell them what we think. It is honestly just as much our fault for not standing up for what we believe in. We may wine and snivel in our circles, but in reality, we are not willing (or afraid) to stand and point out a wrong in the hopes of making it right. "it takes too much effort", "they never listen", "one person never makes a difference". Well ill tell you what, as long as people are sitting around doing nothing, NOTHING WILL HAPPEN, its as plain and simple as that.

Very good post and oh so true.

You forgot one excuse for not getting involved that I hear often too. “I have to think of my children and my job. I cannot afford to be perceived by the government as a trouble maker.” That right there is a scary statement. Are some people really that scared of the government and what they might do to people who voice their justified opinions and concerns as free people of this, or any other, free nation?

Someone very wise said once: “Obtaining freedom and liberty is easy in comparison to keeping it. Once freedom is obtained people have to be permanently on their guard and be prepared to defend their freedom at the trop of a hat...”

Browningmirage
01-25-2007, 01:02 PM
"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you." Thomas Jefferson

This is also relevant

Nooker77
01-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Still phone the CO I believe they have to be hunting on there res. lands...not just anywhere...we had a guy from merrit get busted for hunting moose in Feb!!!In cherryville/sugarlake area...he said it was his traditional winter unting grounds!!! PLEASE I'd like to se how his"TRIBE" travelled from merrit in the winter all the way over here to hunt moose!! BS anyway it took some time but they did take his moose but never heard if got fined or anything else...meat went to needy famillies in area!!!

srupp
01-25-2007, 07:17 PM
Just wait untill they start shooting the rams and selling the horns....
steven

Sniper
01-28-2007, 02:21 PM
I did report this to the CO's office but they didn't seem to show a lot of interest, I suspect this is because they feel it's a waste of their time. I have heard one of the local Taxidermists buys various big game animal hides hope these A-holes don't start shooting rams. I think a good idea here would be to start a permanent thread called Poachers Corner where we can post the carcass photos publicly in the broad light of day and embarrass the officials into taking action! I'm really pressed for time and don't have my PC right now but I do have a couple good pictures of a nice Cougar Tom and a pregnant female cougar lying strangled and dead with a snare around their neck, brush and trees torn up around them where they tried to fight for there life by repeatedly trying to climb a tree.

boxhitch
01-28-2007, 10:23 PM
The cougars may not have been the targeted species, snares are known to be non-discriminant. Maybe the torn up brush was part of a covey built around a set for a cat ? Any wire hanging around ?

CanuckShooter
01-29-2007, 08:40 AM

Now this post is without a doubt OFFENSIVE.....RACIST...ADVOCATING VIOLENCE...and totally uncalled for. Shame on anyone reading this garbage and not speaking out against it....:mad: :mad:

Murder
01-29-2007, 09:56 AM
Now this post is without a doubt OFFENSIVE.....RACIST...ADVOCATING VIOLENCE...and totally uncalled for. Shame on anyone reading this garbage and not speaking out against it....:mad: :mad:

The part about shootin indians was a joke. My woman is part native. The rest is right on the money. If that's racist, blame the government for seperating races. If you are offended, that is your right. But it is a fact that this double standards stuff is crap. Why do you think you are the first person to commment negatively toward me? Maybe because A LOT of people agree?

CanuckShooter
01-29-2007, 10:38 AM
The part about shootin indians was a joke. My woman is part native. The rest is right on the money. If that's racist, blame the government for seperating races. If you are offended, that is your right. But it is a fact that this double standards stuff is crap. Why do you think you are the first person to commment negatively toward me? Maybe because A LOT of people agree?

It's not a joke to write about shooting people based upon their race...no if's..and's or buts.

The pit lamping I don't agree with, there is no need when you can hunt during the daylight hours.

The separating of races, as you call it, is a contract that was made between the government of canada and the Native tribes. It's called a treaty and a Constitution. There is alot of history and legalitys behind them...if more people were educated on the whys and hows of them they wouldn't have such a narrow perspective. Actually most people would be ashamed to admit that the country they love...did such horrific things [and still continue too do] to the natives.

Silence doesn't constitute support. I speak out because I abhor the ignorance and insensitivity behind the 'joke' of shooting indians. More than one of my native ancestors was shot...and it's nothing to joke about.:frown:

SUAFOYT
01-29-2007, 12:26 PM
Hmmmm. Funny how some people got slammed by an administrator about comments made about a member and his spelling/grammar skills in an earlier thread yet not a peep about the "joke." Ya gotta wonder.

sawmill
01-29-2007, 12:39 PM
I smell a thread lockdown........................8-)

longhairmtnman
01-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Is this thread really any different than something we would read on an anti site about all hunters? In all fairness the "indians" are not doing anything criminal. There may be a few that are taking advantage of a government endorsed activity, and fewer yet exploiting their 'Rights', but don't paint all natives with the same brush. If one has not walked a mile in anothers shoes, he should not judge. This is an issue to be taken up at a government level, and just because we don't agree with it (on so many levels!), we cannot blame the aboriginals. If you are wondering about my motives, I was raised in Savona, and sympathize/understand both sides of the arguement.

Well I felt like a change of scenery so I moved to Savona to enjoy hunting in this area for a while. So far I like the area but I don't like the fact that the hunting here is quickly being destroyed !

Whoa!!!!!!!! You just moved there and are pissed at the poor hunting!! Sounds like old school WHITE MAN mentality to me. When you move to an area that natives have been living for hundreds of years, you do not have the right to complain about the hunting.

nativehunter
01-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Double standards makes me wanna start shootin indians.

Just make sure it isn't a Texas heart shot please.:lol:

Franko Manini
01-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Just make sure it isn't a Texas heart shot please.:lol:

Man, you turn up at the best times, with the best material!
When are you appearing next at a comedy club near me???

Murder
01-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Native Hunter you crack me up man.

sawmill
01-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Yup,me too:lol:

RiverOtter
01-29-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm really pressed for time and don't have my PC right now but I do have a couple good pictures of a nice Cougar Tom and a pregnant female cougar lying strangled and dead with a snare around their neck, brush and trees torn up around them where they tried to fight for there life by repeatedly trying to climb a tree.

Pregnant female cougar????? Mating season is only just getting underway. What led you to the conclusion she was pregnant?

Secondly, if the snare was around the neck, as you state, then I can assure you the cats did not make repeated attempts to climb the tree. Cats die real fast in snares. They could have entered a cubby intended for lynx/bobcat and knocked it over after the snare tightened.
Lastly, snares are fairly species specific, if set by a responsible trapper. A snare that is placed at the right height with the proper loop size to catch a bobcat, will get brushed out of the way by a cougars chest and cause it no harm.

I know this thread was not started about trappers, but since it involved snares, I thought I should give my take on it.

Carry on.
RO

Gateholio
01-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Hmmmm. Funny how some people got slammed by an administrator about comments made about a member and his spelling/grammar skills in an earlier thread yet not a peep about the "joke." Ya gotta wonder.

Rather than make a post that is just designed to stir up some shit, you could have taken less time to notify a mod if you found something offensive.:roll:

we dont' read every thread, all the time...

Gateholio
01-29-2007, 08:02 PM
Murder, your comments are indeed very off base, and a poor "joke"

You may be looking at a 2 week timeout for racist comments..

Marc
01-30-2007, 11:07 AM

I'm getting tired of this crap. If you're not happy with the way this site is being ran them be my guest and go surf somewheres else.

I don't have time to read over every single post. If you see something that doesn't look right send a pm to one of the mods or me instead of trying to slam the mods and I for what you consider as being a poor job.

Gatehouse sent me a PM about this post and this is the first time I've read it.

Murder, your comments were racist and will not be tolerated. I don't care if your wife is black, yellow, or red it doesn't give you the right to make racist comment. You've got a two week ban.

To the originator of this thread. Do you have any evidence that it was infact natives that shot these Moose and snared the cougars? No? Then stop assuming. This is how people or race gets a bad name. If you didn't see it with your own eyes then how can you assume it was the natives that did it? Because I stop for gas with a deer in the back of the truck doesn't mean I'm the one who shot a couple of deer and left them in the woods.

SUAFOYT
01-30-2007, 11:45 AM
So now the thread is reopened. First and foremost I am sure that it is extremely difficult to monitor every post all of the time as those of you that run this site have other lives ie jobs, family, etc., and the job you do is for the most part IMO well done. Your reaction(s) to someone who may take issue with you or the mods however is for lack of a better word, surprising. When you take on something that involves the public, their opinions and associated egos, it is bound to have people, like myself, who from time to time take issue with how I see how you are applying the site's rules. This is not meant to be a personal attack about you or anybody else. It is only an opinion. Only mine. Others can subscribe to it, think about it, or reject it. If you're getting tired of this crap then maybe you need a break. Let someone else do it for a bit and take a breather. This is a good site. To simply dismiss someone who in your mind is critical of you running the site and say piss off is counter productive. We all have one thing in common regardless of politics, religion or anything else and that is the love of the activity of hunting. Hell I'd even let you, Gatehouse or anyone else in on some of my best spots if you ever got up this way. I wouldn't, because of a difference of opinion, write you off, because if you were here, you'd be a guest and I would never do that to a guest.

Gateholio
01-30-2007, 12:14 PM
So now the thread is reopened. First and foremost I am sure that it is extremely difficult to monitor every post all of the time as those of you that run this site have other lives ie jobs, family, etc., and the job you do is for the most part IMO well done. Your reaction(s) to someone who may take issue with you or the mods however is for lack of a better word, surprising. When you take on something that involves the public, their opinions and associated egos, it is bound to have people, like myself, who from time to time take issue with how I see how you are applying the site's rules. This is not meant to be a personal attack about you or anybody else. It is only an opinion. Only mine. Others can subscribe to it, think about it, or reject it. If you're getting tired of this crap then maybe you need a break. Let someone else do it for a bit and take a breather. This is a good site. To simply dismiss someone who in your mind is critical of you running the site and say piss off is counter productive. We all have one thing in common regardless of politics, religion or anything else and that is the love of the activity of hunting. .

As I already explained to you in PM's:

You to make a wild ass guess about how the site was run, assuming that the mods had seen the offending post and condoned it. You coudl have just used the "report a post" feature, or PM'd a mod to see if the comment was in fact condoned.

As you can see (quite clearly in fact) as soon as I saw the post, I dealt with it.

Maybe it would be wise to check to make sure of your facts before telling us that you have a problem with how the site is run.

Hell I'd even let you, Gatehouse or anyone else in on some of my best spots if you ever got up this way. I wouldn't, because of a difference of opinion, write you off, because if you were here, you'd be a guest and I would never do that to a guest

I feel the same way, I don't bear any animosity to others here because we sometimes disagree...It is after all the internet.8-)

SUAFOYT
01-30-2007, 01:35 PM
I'm really trying- in fact I think we're really close to a group hug here. I'm not disputing what you are saying about the offending post. I'm not even disputing that I took a shot. I still think it was valid given the amount of time. But it's only one member's opinion. What I'm trying to say is that you and Marc appear to be on a hair trigger sometimes(no pun intended). Lots of us who post here make assumptions or wild ass guesses on any number of topics. There's a learning curve for all of us and it might include you as well.

Gateholio
01-30-2007, 02:00 PM
. What I'm trying to say is that you and Marc appear to be on a hair trigger sometimes(no pun intended).

I am afraid you coudl not be more incorrect. Marc and I and the rest of the mods take a low key approach, and we do it to enourage active discussion. There is plenty of stuff that is posted here that we disagree with either individually or collectively, yet it doesn't get nuked, becasue it's important to discuss many differnet aspects of an issue.

You will find that the stuff that gets the most attention form mods are:

Personal attacks/insults
Racist comments
Shit disturbing for the sake of shit disturbing

As long as people can carry on a debate (even heated) wihtout insulting each other, we usually stay out of the way.

Lots of us who post here make assumptions or wild ass guesses on any number of topics. There's a learning curve for all of us and it might include you as well.

Maybe instead of taking wild guesses and jumping to conclusions, more people shoudl ask questions, confirm facts, and then come to a conclusion based on knowledge and facts?

Group hugs are important on the wild and whacky web8-)

twenty_to_three
01-30-2007, 04:05 PM

Very well said.

While this issue is very frustrating, making comments about shooting indians only provides more 'reason' for government and the general public to continue to go in this wrong direction of mollycoddling first nations. The issue here, when you look past FN shooting in the dark, out of season etc etc etc the issue is with the people first, and the govenment second and FN behind that. Most people are bombarded with "dont be a racist" campaigns and also consumed with 'White Guilt' over the past. This has grown to the point that they are unwilling or incapable of common sense thought over this issue anymore. I believe these feelings are the reason why we have these problems from government up to the Courts. If the Courts let career criminals go with a wrist slap (because the perp wasnt hugged as a child or something) why do we think that FN issues will get any similar common sense treatment given where this issue is today with a mostly apathetic/reluctant involvement from you and I? It seems we do nothing, but once in a while someone speaks up out of frustration and makes it worse by adding fuel to the fire.

But, once in a while someone does speak up stating the facts clearly and simply. This was in a local paper a couple months ago. We have several FN 'mouthpieces' who frequently write letters to the editor over numerous issues. These boys dont let the grass grow up around their feet. But in this case, they apparently had nothing to say and I wasnt surprised to see a lack of response to the following letter as it is bang on.

Racial segregation still doesn’t work

By Dick Estey
New Westminster
Jan 05 2007

Re: New Relationship is a real gold mine (BC Views, Progress, Dec. 27).

A king-kong-size elephant rampages in the aboriginal affairs field, and not even Tom Fletcher, obviously an intelligent man knowledgeable in native affairs, seems to see it.

Virtually every commentator portrays aboriginal aspirations as a quest for equality. Real life, unfortunately, contradicts. Natives may want material equality but they show no interest in legal equality: they want special rights in virtually every aspect of their life, from education to resource management to justice systems. These demands for special treatment are justified in two main ways: restoration of old rights never extinguished, and retribution for past injustice. These arguments are intuitive in theory and extremely complex, voluminous, nuanced and expensive in practice. And every word of it ignores the aforementioned pachyderm.

Special treatment assigned by bloodline is racism.

Discrimination against aboriginals – racism – is universally blamed for creating the present mess. Now discrimination in favour of aboriginals – racism – is universally prescribed as the solution to that mess. The defenders of present plans have all kinds of vocabulary-based evasions: “the special treatment is not race-based, it is ‘treaty-based’ or ‘culture-based’ or ‘resource-based’ or ‘quota-based’ ...”.

When the inanity of those distinctions is pointed out, defenders go on to say that whatever one calls the special treatment, it is not a choice, it is mandated by history, by justice, and, trump card, by the courts. All of which is at least partially true and totally irrelevant. Racism if mandated by God himself is still racism.

The fundamental question, and it would admittedly be fitting if the courts were among the first to answer it, remains: How can increasing and entrenching the most widely acknowledged scourge of the twentieth century – racism – improve Canada for the 21st century?

There may be a good answer to that question but a prerequisite to analysis is acknowledging that the problem exists. We seem poised to succumb again to the conceit that has kept natives in dire straights for the last hundred years. Every generation feels its special treatment – reserves, residential schools, ever-increasing subsidies, etc. – is special enough to achieve aboriginal health and fulfillment.

Before we assume we are smarter than our predecessors, it is incumbent on everyone, from natives and the Supreme Court on down, to acknowledge our elephant and then explain how the counterintuitive response – increasing and entrenching racism – can transform itself from the scourge of the world to a beneficial force in Canadian society.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© Copyright 2007 Chilliwack Progress

CanuckShooter
01-31-2007, 07:54 AM
""But, once in a while someone does speak up stating the facts clearly and simply. This was in a local paper a couple months ago. We have several FN 'mouthpieces' who frequently write letters to the editor over numerous issues. These boys dont let the grass grow up around their feet. But in this case, they apparently had nothing to say and I wasnt surprised to see a lack of response to the following letter as it is bang on.""

Thank gawd for the "mouthpieces" for without them we would very seldom be made aware of some of the more nefarious goings on around us.

To quote 223s post/attach:
""Virtually every commentator portrays aboriginal aspirations as a quest for equality. Real life, unfortunately, contradicts. Natives may want material equality but they show no interest in legal equality: they want special rights in virtually every aspect of their life, from education to resource management to justice systems. These demands for special treatment are justified in two main ways: restoration of old rights never extinguished, and retribution for past injustice. These arguments are intuitive in theory and extremely complex, voluminous, nuanced and expensive in practice. And every word of it ignores the aforementioned pachyderm.

Special treatment assigned by bloodline is racism.""

Prior to 1985 any NON aboriginal person that married a STATUS indian was automatically entered onto the band registries as a member of the band. So I would assume that any "special privileges they are assigned" has absolutely nothing to do with thier "bloodline"??

The author is correct that the entire issue is extremely complex, it's unfortunate he fell prey to the simplistic notion that any 'rights' or 'special treatment' is solely based upon bloodlines.....if that were the case why are NON status Indians, who have the bloodlines, not permitted to sustenance hunt? While those non aboriginal spouses are?? Perhaps were not talking about some racist division after all??

steel_ram
01-31-2007, 08:23 AM
or to 1985 any NON aboriginal person that married a STATUS indian was automatically entered onto the band registries as a member of the band. So I would assume that any "special privileges they are assigned" has absolutely nothing to do with thier "bloodline"??

How do you figure that? Just because some have to much personal pride to pursue what has been available to them, doesn't make those privileges non-racist assignments. It's still based on the assumption that you are related to a privileged bloodline, even though it has been allowed to become extremely watered down.

CanuckShooter
01-31-2007, 08:49 AM
How do you figure that? Just because some have to much personal pride to pursue what has been available to them, doesn't make those privileges non-racist assignments. It's still based on the assumption that you are related to a privileged bloodline, even though it has been allowed to become extremely watered down.

My apologies if I did a poor job of making a point.

The things we are talking about are NOT based upon your race/bloodline....but by being a member of a grouping of people, not necessarily of the same race.

I was trying to show in two instances where it not being race driven is true...ie. non-aboriginal spouse and non-status indian...one being given a right and the other being shut out...very contradictory to the entire 'race driven bloodline' argument.

twenty_to_three
01-31-2007, 10:25 AM
Canuckshooter, true facts (not sure what you're getting at though?:confused: ), but the point in the article remains the same no matter how it's dressed. To me, 'bloodline' and 'status indian' are the same thing if it gives special rights over others.

Racism knows no colour or group. While due to political correctness we're often made to believe that racism is restricted to white people, it is actually a worldwide issue and it is wrong no matter who does it, for whatever reason or how it's disguised/justified.

A rose by any other name smells just as sweet.

Rainwater
01-31-2007, 11:45 AM
Hey I've had few pristine hunting areas ruined by white guys on quads with chainsaws, not Natives. Hunting went down the toilet when these lazy bas----s couldn't walk even a mile.

300WM
01-31-2007, 11:51 AM
Hey I've had few pristine hunting areas ruined by white guys on quads with chainsaws, not Natives. Hunting went down the toilet when these lazy bas----s couldn't walk even a mile.

Good point. I forgot only white guys own quads and chainsaws :roll:

Rainwater
01-31-2007, 03:07 PM
Well the guys just happened to be caucasian (is that white) so I drew my own conclusions. Actually very few of our Natives own quads but that's really not the point is it!

300WM
01-31-2007, 03:36 PM
Well the guys just happened to be caucasian (is that white) so I drew my own conclusions. Actually very few of our Natives own quads but that's really not the point is it!

If your headin back into town after a day of hunting and it's dark I'd leave my quad in the bush. We did that on a Moose hunt in Logan Lake and it worked perfect. Just make sure no ones around when you hide 'em back in the weeds. I felt safer doin that then leavin them in the truck at the motel.

Hmmm.....I seem to remember you using a quad. So i guess that makes you a lazy bas**** as well??? :smile:

Rainwater
01-31-2007, 03:41 PM
Sure I own a quad and it sure saves on diesel staying on designated roads and trails. Don't carry a chainsaw either. But all of what I say here is heresay so I will let you keep hijacking this thread to suit yourself.

300WM
01-31-2007, 04:32 PM
Sure I own a quad and it sure saves on diesel staying on designated roads and trails. Don't carry a chainsaw either. But all of what I say here is heresay so I will let you keep hijacking this thread to suit yourself.

LOL:lol: ...Thanks man...:roll:

Browningmirage
01-31-2007, 05:46 PM
wasnt someone jumped on earlier for making assumptions and using heresay? Dont jump on someone and then use heresay to back up the other side of the argument

ianwuzhere
01-31-2007, 09:05 PM
ohhh how i love to sit back and read threads quietly and never responding. this thread was great. makes me laf. first with an issue then many people gettin aggravated at the facts then other people defending these peoples thoughts and blah blah. good stuff.
It happends everywhere not just in one spot. I personally agree that aboriginal people should have some kind of season as well but who am i to say, touchy subject that can go on for years..
i think that maybe i would become a perfessional trap or snare hunter in the off season if this method is being abused in such ways as pregnant animals or wasted animals... but shhhh didnt hear that from me...

cheers!
~ianwuzhere~

Caveman
02-04-2007, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainwater

It's been an observation of mine that these lazy bas----s come in all races. In fact I can't think of one race, color or creed that isn't loaded with them. Not to paint everyone with the same brush....I've seen natives not shoot a moose because it was 150 yds off the road, I've seen Italians walk to the edge of the trees after a moose that crossed the road, not persue it, but tell me it was a spike ( which I shot the next morning... hehehe ), I've seen hundreds of weekend warriors roar up and down the FSR's and never get out. Take a look in your own back yard before you start complaining about your neighbor. Enjoy what we have, before some idiot in Victoria decides to take it away.

Just my 2 cents worth.