PDA

View Full Version : cuisinart meat grinder???

shamrock09
09-30-2013, 07:34 AM
Has anyone ever used the cuisinart meat grinder? I know going with a commercial grade grinder is the way to go but this ones only $129.99. and just wondering if it will do the trick. All of the reviews on this product are good so let me know if you have any thoughts.
thanks!

421fighter
09-30-2013, 07:58 AM
I used one to grind up what I had to from a deer, and although it growled a lot, it kept on cutting. Not the best, but quite usable. Dave

beeker
09-30-2013, 11:25 PM
It'll do a deer in a pinch. Works best if the meat is slightly frozen so it cuts it easier instead of just mushing it through once the blade warms up.

anotherone
10-01-2013, 07:21 AM
wore two of those out, loud noisy grinders, but then again what do you want from cuisinart, not the best name out there.
i think if you do a search there is already a thread on this subject.

shamrock09
10-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the input guy's.
I did end up buying one and it worked ok. Just took a while.
When this kicks the bucket I think I'll go for one of the cabellas commercial grinders with a couple hp motor.

Rackem
10-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Yeah it takes forever if you are used to a commercial grinder...

Ponderosa
10-04-2013, 08:18 AM
well maybe I got lucky, I bought one earlier this year when my other grinder kicked the bucket, and this cuisine art impressed me! just did 120 lbs of moose burger the other day, and it worked awesome! it is very noisy, but had no problems grinding. and it wasn't too bad for speed for a small kitchen grinder. even gave it a little test when we were done grinding, by taking some super grisely meat and ran it through and it didn't have a problem with it. still plan on getting another commercial one, but at least I know this one works.

winchester284
10-05-2013, 07:52 AM
Been using one for 7 years and it's worked great for both grinding and stuffing sausages. It is a little slow and a good set of ear protectors is a must! For the price it's great value.