PDA

View Full Version : Gravel Pits near Chetwynd?

DanTheMan
09-29-2013, 11:01 AM
Hi Everyone

I recently moved up to Chetwynd and want to get into shooting/hunting. I haven't done much shooting in the past so I was planning to go out and buy a .22 just to get a feel for the way things work.

I know there is a range here and I will join it but I was also wondering if there are any old gravel pits around that I could go to in order to practice up a bit.

Thanks for any advice.

Rackem
09-29-2013, 11:07 AM
Go down the Tumbler turnoff, go down to Lone Prairie Road, go about half km or less, take the first left and drive a bit and you will see the gravel pit, it is where I butcher chickens lol.

DanTheMan
09-29-2013, 11:09 AM
Go down the Tumbler turnoff, go down to Lone Prairie Road, go about half km or less, take the first left and drive a bit and you will see the gravel pit, it is where I butcher chickens lol.

Awesome, thanks for the info!

Mishka
09-29-2013, 11:10 AM
I remember seeing lotsa wolf tracks there when I lived in the area a few years back.

Rackem
09-29-2013, 11:31 AM
Yup too many wolves...I see one every other day...

DanTheMan
09-29-2013, 11:33 AM
Hmm maybe it would be best to avoid it then. Any other options in the area?

Rackem
09-29-2013, 11:35 AM
LMAO AVOID IT??? why??? Plink a wolf if you see one dammit! Anyway there is NO wolf free area around here...the one I see every other day lives near my house!

DanTheMan
09-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Ah ok, I'm just being a big wimp. I'll take a drive out and check it out

d6dan
09-29-2013, 12:13 PM
Hi Everyone

I recently moved up to Chetwynd and want to get into shooting/hunting. I haven't done much shooting in the past so I was planning to go out and buy a .22 just to get a feel for the way things work.

I know there is a range here and I will join it but I was also wondering if there are any old gravel pits around that I could go to in order to practice up a bit.

Thanks for any advice.

PM sent...............