PDA

View Full Version : Versatile boots?

Beachcomber
09-28-2013, 08:34 AM
I know the subject of "best boots" has been done to death on the site but I am not sure "most versatile boot" has been (Maybe there is no difference in the eyes of many)

i am not after a high end sheep or goat country boot but rather a good hiker that can hold up well to multi day use on pretty much all terrain but that found in serious mountain hunting.

Thanks

swampthing
09-28-2013, 08:42 AM
I like the kenetrek models. They are stiff enough for mountain hunting but not too stiff for flatter country. They are also super comfortable and require very little break in time.

Casagrande
09-28-2013, 08:43 AM
I've got a few friends who really like their Salomon boots, not full on mountaineering boots, but seem to fit your requirements.

Beachcomber
09-28-2013, 09:11 PM
Thanks. Went in to AJ Brooks today and it was Meindel or Hanwag. I was a bit surprised at how big the place is but how little is in it.

pappy
09-28-2013, 09:32 PM
I really like my scarpa boots. They are good in the timber on van isle mountains, good in the bush in northern B.C. and Alberta. They have held up well in the northern rockies. After four years of hard use they are scratched up real good but no leaks or blown out seams. A friend of mine has the same ones and they have lasted him over 9 years. I know there are other good boots but these have worked well for me and I think I'll get a few more years out of them.