PDA

View Full Version : Wonowon meats

Beaufortranger
09-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Does anyone have first hand information regarding whether or not Wonowon meats still cuts moose? I was told that they will only hang maximum three days for $150. Tried phoning Edward and got no answer. Any info would be appreciated.

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
09-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Does anyone have first hand information regarding whether or not Wonowon meats still cuts moose? I was told that they will only hang maximum three days for $150. Tried phoning Edward and got no answer. Any info would be appreciated.
Tried them 2 weeks ago but nothing he's a rip off anyways!

Ry151
09-22-2013, 09:24 PM
Last time I called in August they weren't cutting anymore wild meat

Beaufortranger
09-22-2013, 09:55 PM
So where in that area would a guy get a moose cut up if he so desired? I got the list from steeleco but recommendation from the people of that area is always better.

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
09-23-2013, 06:18 AM
U could try peace view colony there in Farmington area

Tarp Man
09-24-2013, 05:41 AM
Last trip to Wonowon Meats was a rip off. The guy outright lied to us about hanging a moose on cost, despite making contact with him prior to the season. The year before we left a sizeable tip for opening up an hour early to let us start the trip back to the Fraser Valley early. We go to pay the bill and there is an unexplained $50 premium on the bill. "For the inconvenience of opening early and only hanging your moose here". Right, that's not what you quoted me 3 days ago... Would drive into Charlie Lake Meats before going to him again.

2chodi
09-24-2013, 06:46 AM
[QUOTE=Would drive into Charlie Lake Meats before going to him again.[/QUOTE]

Charlie Lake Meats is no longer in business.

Duck Buster
09-24-2013, 06:52 AM
Thats a shame to hear about Wonowon meats. We used them for a few years straight with no issues. I have not been back up that way for 3 years though, so I am disapointed to hear that he has changed his practices and is now getting a poor reputation.

Steeleco
09-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Looks like that's two cutters I should remove from the list.