PDA

View Full Version : Moose 5-2 zone B

BigBanger
09-22-2013, 07:18 PM
We lucked out and got picked for a bull moose. We did one scout trip and couldn't decide on an area. I like the Lemon lake area but I'm unsure. I'll be hunting with two green hunters and I hope this is the trip that gets them hooked for life. If anyone has any suggestions on an area I'd really appreciate it.

gcreek
09-22-2013, 10:52 PM
I grew up on Lemon Lk. road. It's been 35 years since I've been in there so it will have changed a bunch. Good luck.

BigBanger
09-22-2013, 11:48 PM
Thanks, lucky guy, beautiful country up there.

The Silent Stalker
09-23-2013, 12:07 AM
Pm sent. 10 chara......

Tyler660
09-23-2013, 12:18 AM
Drew the same tag once in 06 and once in 2010 both group draws and pulled out 2 in 06 and 1 in 2010. My brother inlaw drew a single last year and we cancelled that tag too. The area around behind horsefly is good once u pass all the farmland. It's a big zone in lots of prime moose country. My dad has one for zone c this season leaving on the first of oct to help him try and fill his tag. Hope that helped a bit.

BigBanger
09-23-2013, 12:24 AM
Drew the same tag once in 06 and once in 2010 both group draws and pulled out 2 in 06 and 1 in 2010. My brother inlaw drew a single last year and we cancelled that tag too. The area around behind horsefly is good once u pass all the farmland. It's a big zone in lots of prime moose country. My dad has one for zone c this season leaving on the first of oct to help him try and fill his tag. Hope that helped a bit.
It did help, thanks. I'm hearing the same things from allot of people. Good luck to you and your old man.

BigBanger
09-23-2013, 12:25 AM
Pm sent. 10 chara......
You are awesome, thanks man!

srupp
09-23-2013, 09:13 AM
hmmm spent 4 days out there ..saw 5 bull moose while camping @ Lemon lake itself. Bulls were kms away while I was searching for deer...no cows or calves spotted...only deer were whitetails ..send a P-m with a phone # for some specific suggestions..cheers Steven

BigBanger
09-23-2013, 10:21 AM
hmmm spent 4 days out there ..saw 5 bull moose while camping @ Lemon lake itself. Bulls were kms away while I was searching for deer...no cows or calves spotted...only deer were whitetails ..send a P-m with a phone # for some specific suggestions..cheers Steven

Will do, thanks Steven.

thepitchedlink
09-24-2013, 08:56 AM
Hey there....when is your draw for? I've got one for oct 15-30....gonna be down around the Ruth lake area ....hopefully up there scouting a bit on thanksgiving....

BigBanger
09-27-2013, 11:19 PM
Our draw is for Oct 1 - 15. We will be in the Nitwit lake area. Good luck up there. Sounds like a great area.

srupp
09-28-2013, 01:47 AM
good area should do really well.. do lots of calling and carry a bear tag as well...

cheers
Steven

BigBanger
09-28-2013, 11:42 AM
good area should do really well.. do lots of calling and carry a bear tag as well...

cheers
Steven

I'm not familiar with the area so your words give me confidence. Thanks. I've been practicing my calling for a while now. Looking forward to giving it a try. Got a bear tag burning a hole in my pocket, lol.

BigBanger
09-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Thanks to everyone who has sent me messages and pointed me in the right direction. I hope we don't disappoint you. This site is truly amazing and that's why I've been a member for 6 years now. By hunters for hunters. Thanks again.

srupp
09-28-2013, 01:11 PM
hmmm hope you mean NIKWIT..LOL dont forget BEHIND Hen Ingram and Jaques and especially Viewland mt creek area...have a blast..lots of calling its cold and moose are starting to run...

cheers

Srupp

thepitchedlink
10-04-2013, 08:07 AM
Any one back yet with a Bullwinkle in the freezer yet?

BigBanger
10-15-2013, 12:57 PM
We didn't connect on a bull this time. We hunted hard the whole time we were up there. We did have a shot at a bull one evening across a pond but we passed, assessed the recovery and came to the conclusion we couldn't recover it. Hung out with a few cows for a few days hoping they would lead me to a bull but no dice. Lots of Deer to be had in this area, we took home a couple 2 point meat bucks for our freezers. I could have taken a fair size bear the first day but I passed thinking there was lots of time for a bear. Never did cross paths with that sucker again. Lots of bears on Hen Ingram, lots. we figure we saw about 15 different bears and some more then once.
This is an amazing area to hunt and fish. Couldn't get over the fish the boys were pulling in for dinner, yummy to say the least. Thanks to everyone who gave us suggestions on where to hunt, all areas suggested were full of sign and looked promising.

Anyone who wants some info on the area hit me up.

Happy Hunting.