PDA

View Full Version : Kamloops Mixed bag,

Firstblood
09-21-2013, 02:13 PM
I have been out almost every day since the season has been in full swing here in Kamloops. lots of grouse and rabbits, good amount of ducks and a few deer. went out yesterday evening with my beretta 12 gauge packing a few shells for whatever might cross my path, shot at a coyote missed, and shot a few grouse and a rabbit, went out this morning with the beretta and shot a mallard, two greenwing teal and on the way out a dropped a white tail spike in its tracks. all in the same general area within 20 minutes of Kamloops. now that I've stocked my freezer a little I shall eat like a king.

Cheers to a good hunt, I hope everybody else has a safe and successful season.

Darksith
09-21-2013, 02:52 PM
nice work, you are doing something right.

Bistchen
09-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Sounds like another good hunt ! This is what hunting is all about. Enjoy the feast !

Grousedaddy
09-21-2013, 05:35 PM
Yup im seeing lots of bucks this year no 4 points yet but come october it wont be an issue gotta love kamloops

Darksith
09-21-2013, 06:41 PM
I don't know what you are talking about...there are no deer in kamloops!

Grousedaddy
09-21-2013, 06:47 PM
Ya there is ... Big 4 point buck in mac park haha!!

Grousedaddy
09-21-2013, 06:48 PM
I live in kammy but drive an hour out of town to my spots its too crowded at all the really local places like jamieson ... Ive seen 15 trucks goin up that road its insane

Jelvis
09-21-2013, 07:26 PM
First blood you did well hunter, your a natural by the sounds of it.
Good report and little story, keep up the funtastic posts and treds.
Jp (sounds) like your having some good fun and some good eats ..
can yah give us where bouts you were? direction only ex. west of town or east of town or north of town or south of town?jelszeroingwatchoutcautionwarningthinkb4
I guess up Batchelor again, it's gettin 2 easy .. norwest of town

Caveman
09-22-2013, 09:43 AM
I avoid Jamison for the exact reason Grousedaddy, have for years.

Jelvis
09-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Jamieson is 20 k from the Ord Road interchange on Westsyde.
that's 12 miles to J My Son fsr (forest srevice road). Drive out 20 km nor on westside
take about 20 minutes --------------- still closer 2 go behind Batch for nor siders

4 point
09-22-2013, 08:30 PM
I was out today for the first time this season. Left real early and we saw 11 deer in 4 hours. Only one buck a non 4 pt. Rain made the day wet.

Jelvis
09-22-2013, 08:45 PM
4 point how long did you drive for from Kamloops centre?
Taking a survey on this thread.
Need to be fairly accurate on time from centre.direction only by compass
example; east of town center means towards Pritchard
west of town center means Copper Creek
north wood b Heffley and batch or Jmy son.
south wood b Cherry Crick
Jel mixed combo with spoolmak hunters lol .. kammy spelt backasswards

ScoobaSteve
09-22-2013, 10:27 PM
I live downtown and its 25 mins to my deer walking trail. Havent had much luck with grouse this year but have seen a ton of rabbit's and a couple bucks I hope to find in October!

Darksith
09-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Jelvis, why don't you go shoot something and share a story rather than simply spoon off everyone else. I generally hunt an hour out of town, but everyone knows theres good country no matter which way you go...mac island is one of my fav spots...

buckhunter
09-23-2013, 11:49 AM
hey Jelvis, let me know when you are ready to go hunting, i'll pick you up.