PDA

View Full Version : Kamloops lake ram

srupp
09-18-2013, 02:30 PM
...saw the photos from the lads first ram..lots of mass nice first ram..done in 3 days I believe...

300H&H
09-18-2013, 02:34 PM
Is this the LEH ram from this year ?

srupp
09-18-2013, 03:37 PM
yes...lots of mass for sure..

Whonnock Boy
09-18-2013, 03:46 PM
And the point of this thread is........?

The Dawg
09-18-2013, 03:48 PM

x2...........

srupp
09-18-2013, 03:51 PM
hmmmm silly boy..another sucessful sheep hunter.. and unlike the Spenses photo this rams location is known..lol..good to see a young hunter score the coveted Kamloops lake permit LEH and then harvest a ram...just saying..lol whether he posts the photo or chooses not to..he did good/

dana
09-18-2013, 04:24 PM
Would love to know if it is a ram I may have taken pics of. If it is, I'd gladly send the lucky hunter 'live' pics I have. Having the before and after pics can really add to an already special hunt.

srupp
09-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Hi Steve...the hunter is still on his way home..I will talk with him and be in touch..I agree it would be way cool thanks for the offer I will pass it along..some wont post photos.... but at least we know some are being successfull...

Jelvis
09-18-2013, 05:39 PM
He lives on the Island right?
Jel .. zeroing

srupp
09-18-2013, 05:40 PM
no...local lad here in the Pond....

coach
09-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Hmmm.. I think a full thread with pics and vids on this hunt is in order.. :-D

Congrats to the successful hunter. That's an amazing draw to have.

BiG Boar
09-18-2013, 06:12 PM
yes! Congrats to the lad who shot it! Its one heck of a nice ram....by srupps description.

Ambush
09-18-2013, 06:42 PM
He isn't really a "lad". A seasoned, successful hunter, yes.

Jelvis
09-18-2013, 07:14 PM
It better be at least a full curl?

TimberPig
09-18-2013, 07:18 PM
He isn't really a "lad". A seasoned, successful hunter, yes.
X2 on this. He has more experience than lots of guys twice his age. Definitely a nice ram especially for your first. As said, lots of mass Pretty tough to hide the location when you see the picture. Awesome draw to pull and there are no better opportunities in BC for harvesting your first than "any ram", only tag in the unit.

Fella
09-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Good job to the successful hunter! Hope he posts a story but if not, way to go anyways!

Jelvis
09-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Copper creek east, west of Rosseau creek, ain't no other place so what's all the secrets about? How about above the CN rail tracks. lol.
Next year 3-29B? East of Rosseau. You could drive up and pat a full curl and a lil more twist on the head.
Go in on Frederick Road off Tranquille road. Bingo bango bambo.

f350ps
09-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Hmmm, would love to see pics. K

REMINGTON JIM
09-18-2013, 07:37 PM
Love to see and hear a storey on the Lads success of getting Kamy Ram ! :-D RJ

srupp
09-18-2013, 09:14 PM
hmmm when your my age everyone else is a lad...heavy well broomed ram....the mass is impressive hoping a post shows up with a story and photos..this is THE draw most guys covet the most for some reason there are numerous very impressive animals harvested yearly that dont get posted..hunters choice...just happy for the hunters success..

coach
09-18-2013, 10:35 PM
I just bumped up last year's thread. Maybe the successful hunter will read it and realize that not every sheep thread turns in to a shit show. No reason whatsoever not to share his story - unless he simply wants to keep it to himself. Nothing wrong with that either - but you've got us all curious now, Srupp. I for one would love to hear the story and see some pics.

BiG Boar
09-18-2013, 11:05 PM
I'm just glad that a hunter actually got the draw rather than someone's wife or some fudd that has barley hunted a real day in his life. The sad thing about this draw is that with no sort of priority, the hard core sheep hunters avoid it for the most part as everyone and thier cousin puts in for it.

Id love to at least see a few pics.

GoatGuy
09-19-2013, 07:00 AM
it's a great ram, congrats to the hunter.

Darksith
09-19-2013, 07:38 AM

The point of this thread is obvious, but the point of yours is not. Don't be a douche just to simply make a post! IMO your post and and all others quoting it should be deleted. Quit attempting to spoil or demotivate the excitement that Srupp is attempting to generate. Lets see some pictures and a story. Would be greatly appreciated to hear more of the coveted hunts in this province. We all lose when we don't get a story

leadpillproductions
09-19-2013, 07:39 AM
Rather than someones wife lol . my wife has killed more than some guys I know. congrats to the lucky hunter ,hope we get to see pics

Darksith
09-19-2013, 07:41 AM
I'm just glad that a hunter actually got the draw rather than someone's wife or some fudd that has barley hunted a real day in his life. The sad thing about this draw is that with no sort of priority, the hard core sheep hunters avoid it for the most part as everyone and thier cousin puts in for it.

I don't think its sad. Im not a hard core sheep hunter, but if I got this draw I would be. I'd have the hunting period off, and I'd be scouting for a month prior.

RoscoeP
09-19-2013, 07:59 AM
What is the point of your thread? Someone is just passing on some hunting info, what is wrong with that?

proguide66
09-19-2013, 08:24 AM
I am definitely looking forward to seeing the hunt/trophy if we can. Personally I am 'on the fence' about ' The Hunt' with this tag due to when filming these rams this year it became real obvious real quick that they are basically tame. My friend Abe Dougan has been in on some tremendous ram hunts in this area and says flat out , " its about as boring a hunt can be , there they are , walk up and shoot one" . At this point of the game ( for myself , never preaching) the mount or photos only do one thing for me - remind me of the hunt and the experience , it is all they can do for you. I approached these rams from up wind at times in the wide open . I closed the distance from 800 yrds to about 50 with them watching me the whole time as I kept 'body language' very neutral. wonder if he shot one of these?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baAUroYyZtE&feature=share&list=UUALaO58yDzt0djpHNGZqCDA

Abashai
09-19-2013, 08:25 AM
I don't think its sad. Im not a hard core sheep hunter, but if I got this draw I would be. I'd have the hunting period off, and I'd be scouting for a month prior.

X2 I can't imagine what it would be like to get this draw.

r106
09-19-2013, 08:37 AM
Sounds like he got a nice ram. I would love to see pics and a story.

Everyone knows that the Kamloops lake sheep draw is a very easy hunt as far as sheep hunts go. It's one of the reasons so many people put in for it. Just because we are not all " pro hunters " or "hardcore hunters " like some think they are on this site doesn't make this hunt any less special to the people or person that drew this tags.

Darksith
09-19-2013, 08:38 AM
I am definitely looking forward to seeing the hunt/trophy if we can. Personally I am 'on the fence' about ' The Hunt' with this tag due to when filming these rams this year it became real obvious real quick that they are basically tame. My friend Abe Dougan has been in on some tremendous ram hunts in this area and says flat out , " its about as boring a hunt can be , there they are , walk up and shoot one" . At this point of the game ( for myself , never preaching) the mount or photos only do one thing for me - remind me of the hunt and the experience , it is all they can do for you. I approached these rams from up wind at times in the wide open . I closed the distance from 800 yrds to about 50 with them watching me the whole time as I kept 'body language' very neutral. wonder if he shot one of these?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baAUroYyZtE&feature=share&list=UUALaO58yDzt0djpHNGZqCDA

I disagree. Coach would be someone with first hand knowledge of this actual hunt. If you wanna shoot them at 300yds, then maybe sure. But if its a challenge you seek, and finding the cranker isn't enough...why not bring a bow?

Rackmastr
09-19-2013, 08:51 AM

I disagree with this angle. I could care less if 'hardcore sheep hunters' put in for a zone or not or who draws a tag. My wife drew a very coveted bighorn tag and had never sheep hunted in her life. Did that mean that she shouldnt have had the same opportunity as an 'elite sheep hunter'? Sheep are critters just like anything else, and the enjoyment that a hunter gets out of the tag is really all that matters in the end. Sure its nice to watch the biggest ram in an area get shot by a hunter who has chased sheep for several years, but its also great to get others out there and enjoy such a hunt (especially given the ease of the hunt compared to others where the 'hardcore' guys are chasing them anyways).

Where the heck does a guy draw the line? Hardcore grizz, elk, bison, etc hunters should draw 'premium' tags over guys who have never done it before? Sheep are just critters...like anything else.

Just my opinion....though several guys loathe the fact that my wife drew a tag and shot a ram and wasnt a 'hardcore' enough to be out there...

frenchbar
09-19-2013, 08:54 AM
I disagree with this angle. I could care less if 'hardcore sheep hunters' put in for a zone or not or who draws a tag. My wife drew a very coveted bighorn tag and had never sheep hunted in her life. Did that mean that she shouldnt have had the same opportunity as an 'elite sheep hunter'? Sheep are critters just like anything else, and the enjoyment that a hunter gets out of the tag is really all that matters in the end. Sure its nice to watch the biggest ram in an area get shot by a hunter who has chased sheep for several years, but its also great to get others out there and enjoy such a hunt (especially given the ease of the hunt compared to others where the 'hardcore' guys are chasing them anyways).

Just my opinion....though several guys loathe the fact that my wife drew a tag and shot a ram and wasnt a 'hardcore' enough to be out there....
x2 .......

BiG Boar
09-19-2013, 09:11 AM
Just because we are not all " pro hunters " or "hardcore hunters " like some think they are on this site doesn't make this hunt any less special to the people or person that drew this tags.

I would disagree with this. I think most people who draw this tag don't have any clue how lucky they really are. I do think a serious hunter would appreciate a book ram more than fudd or my wife who have never hunted a day of sheep in their life. That's why I'm glad a serious hunter got the draw.

GoatGuy
09-19-2013, 09:58 AM

That is the fact of the 'any ram' draws. It is a totally different hunt from 3/4 curl draws where they let go far more tags and there is quite a bit more pressure...... ie a hunt.

chris
09-19-2013, 10:12 AM
So no real story, no pics, and yet here we are arguing amongst ourselves over who deserves more. Good job hunting community. Hmmm why don't people post pics on here anymore?

ruger#1
09-19-2013, 10:17 AM
http://www.oliverdailynews.com/bizpages/oldphotos.jpg

srupp
09-19-2013, 10:27 AM
hmmm the ram @51 sec mark looks similar..again I just got a few peeks on a small cell phone screen...but heavy and broomed....

I posted this originaly to inspire? others that there are good animals and great animals hitting the ground...and there is a lot of interest in Spenses and Kamloops lake..quiet doesn't mean there hasn't been success...and success is good.I am tremendously happy for this hunter..

Steven

Big Lew
09-19-2013, 11:23 AM

Where the heck does a guy draw the line? Hardcore grizz, elk, bison, etc hunters should draw 'premium' tags over guys who have never done it before? Sheep are just critters...like anything else.

Just my opinion....though several guys loathe the fact that my wife drew a tag and shot a ram and wasnt a 'hardcore' enough to be out there...

I agree. Sometimes it can be frustrating I know, but let's not forget that even the most 'hardcore' and experienced hunters would have been thrilled and excited to win a draw like that one when they first started to hunt. Are some suggesting that all hunters have to put in an apprenticeship of several years before they qualify for 'premium' tags'? What would be next? Apprenticeships for hunting in the best locations or to fish 'quality rivers' or specific species. Having to put in a draw to hunt a logging slash, with the most senior winning first chance? Come on now, everyone was a first time novice at some time....everyone deserves at equal chance.

coach
09-19-2013, 11:27 AM

I disagree. Coach would be someone with first hand knowledge of this actual hunt. If you wanna shoot them at 300yds, then maybe sure. But if its a challenge you seek, and finding the cranker isn't enough...why not bring a bow?

That is the fact of the 'any ram' draws. It is a totally different hunt from 3/4 curl draws where they let go far more tags and there is quite a bit more pressure...... ie a hunt.

Interesting perspectives.. Being invited along last year as "chief photographer" and storyteller was one of the highlights of my hunting life. Sharing the story here on HBC with all of the positive comments seemed like a great thing to do. I find it interesting that so many think this is an "easy" hunt. My experience last year - as shared on the thread I posted - was that the dozens of rams on the border (but outside) of the draw area were pretty much "tame". I was able to walk very close to them and take tons of photos and videos. Inside the draw area that we hunted, the rams were far more wary. IIRC, we only saw 7 or 8 rams inside the "zone". The closest I stalked on any of them was about 200 yards. The ram Daniel Boone killed was moving rapidly away from us, along with his two buddies, after we first spotted them at over 300. The kill shot was a long one.

If I had the draw myself, I would have done things differently.. I wouldn't have been hunting uphill on them, I would have scouted all summer, I would have camped above them.. many different strategies. BUT - reading here about just how "easy" this hunt is, didn't fit with my experience at all. It felt very much like a hunt. The animals behaved as if they had been hunted before. It was a real thrill to be part of and an experience I know I'll never get to enjoy again (due to the draw odds). Who cares if the hunter was on his first sheep hunt? Who cares who "deserves" a trophy more than the next guy? The fact is, we got to enjoy a great few days above Kamloops lake and people on this site got to come along for the ride. This is a special draw and I hope this years hunter got to enjoy as great an experience as we did. Reading about how "easy" things are, I can understand the reluctance to share. It's unfortunate..

BiG Boar
09-19-2013, 12:17 PM
I'm not saying a new hunter doesn't deserve a chance at the tag. What I am saying is that Im glad it went to a hunter that would really appriciate it. Seeing that it is the most coveted tag in BC. I would bet that a lot of winners of that draw have to be told by someone how lucky they really are. I'm glad it went to someone who can fully appriciate the ram Im sure it is.

coach
09-19-2013, 12:25 PM
I'm not saying a new hunter doesn't deserve a chance at the tag. What I am saying is that Im glad it went to a hunter that would really appriciate it. Seeing that it is the most coveted tag in BC. I would bet that a lot of winners of that draw have to be told by someone how lucky they really are. I'm glad it went to someone who can fully appriciate the ram Im sure it is.

I agree, Big Boar - it's a special tag and it's great to see a hunter who appreciates that fact win - experienced or not.

BiG Boar
09-19-2013, 12:33 PM
I've just heard through the grapevine that the ram goes 190 plus!!!:-D

coach
09-19-2013, 12:43 PM
I've just heard through the grapevine that the ram goes 190 plus!!!:-D

I sure hope we get to see a pic!

srupp
09-19-2013, 01:59 PM
chuckle...Im surprised by 190 was thinking 180..so I was wrong again...the side photo of the mass is impressive..however I guess I went wrong when deducting for length...its a funky impressive ram...

I remember a lad that drew the Farewell Canyon LEH for Calies 20 years or so ..his first big game hunt he went 4 or 5 days and then asked for help...found some rams...he went down and turned down a ram..he never ever shot a ram on that his first big game hunt...and that being a junction LEH...a different fellow watched that ram disappear and asked me where it would turn up...I told him and several days later he showed up @ my work to show me his 170 cali...

I am ecstatic for this years hunter and his success....

Ltbullken
09-19-2013, 03:42 PM

Everyone has a right to apply for LEH, experienced or not. How and who would define priority for draw selection otherwise? What exactly is a Fudd anyway? And the 'wife' comment seems just a tad pejorative towards women as hunters perhaps? My friend's wife took a great stone ram... does that make it any less accomplished? We are all hunters and I think we could celebrate all our success together.

limit time
09-19-2013, 04:35 PM

So...if its not a "real" sheep hunt, we shouldn't have it?

proguide66
09-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Interesting perspectives.. Being invited along last year as "chief photographer" and storyteller was one of the highlights of my hunting life. Sharing the story here on HBC with all of the positive comments seemed like a great thing to do. I find it interesting that so many think this is an "easy" hunt. My experience last year - as shared on the thread I posted - was that the dozens of rams on the border (but outside) of the draw area were pretty much "tame". I was able to walk very close to them and take tons of photos and videos. Inside the draw area that we hunted, the rams were far more wary. IIRC, we only saw 7 or 8 rams inside the "zone". The closest I stalked on any of them was about 200 yards. The ram Daniel Boone killed was moving rapidly away from us, along with his two buddies, after we first spotted them at over 300. The kill shot was a long one.

If I had the draw myself, I would have done things differently.. I wouldn't have been hunting uphill on them, I would have scouted all summer, I would have camped above them.. many different strategies. BUT - reading here about just how "easy" this hunt is, didn't fit with my experience at all. It felt very much like a hunt. The animals behaved as if they had been hunted before. It was a real thrill to be part of and an experience I know I'll never get to enjoy again (due to the draw odds). Who cares if the hunter was on his first sheep hunt? Who cares who "deserves" a trophy more than the next guy? The fact is, we got to enjoy a great few days above Kamloops lake and people on this site got to come along for the ride. This is a special draw and I hope this years hunter got to enjoy as great an experience as we did. Reading about how "easy" things are, I can understand the reluctance to share. It's unfortunate..

I went back a month later to film more and check trail cams and found thses guys http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/1010341_10151518298890880_1726701925_n_zps0042ede1 .jpg (http://s443.photobucket.com/user/proguide66/media/1010341_10151518298890880_1726701925_n_zps0042ede1 .jpg.html) They definitely didn't want anything to do to me at 250. I'm imagining they saw a buddy or two get 'dusted' !

Whonnock Boy
09-19-2013, 04:54 PM
The point of this thread is obvious, but the point of yours is not. Don't be a douche just to simply make a post! IMO your post and and all others quoting it should be deleted. Quit attempting to spoil or demotivate the excitement that Srupp is attempting to generate. Lets see some pictures and a story. Would be greatly appreciated to hear more of the coveted hunts in this province. We all lose when we don't get a story

Get bent.... Stephen posts a thread about someone shooting the ram with no pics or story. It doesn't get me excited, it pisses me off. Why even bother? I would like to see pics, hear the particulars, and not open a thread named "Kamloops lake ram", which by the way got me a little excited, that has nothing but a gossip column ring to it. Unless you are in the "in crowd", we get to sit here and wonder. All it has done is get peoples panties all knotted up. :roll:

dana
09-19-2013, 05:30 PM
And people wonder why many are not posting pictures here anymore???? You guys are classic! Especially big bores comments. Wasn't just a short while ago he was a newbie to hunting asking tons of newbie questions on this site. Suddenly, he has become more deserving than others because he has hunted sheep a few times now???? I have hunted my entire life, lost count to the amount of big game critters I've killed but....I've never gone sheep hunting. I've been putting in for the Kamloops Leh for more than 20 years but according to big bore, he is more deserving of the tag because he is now a so-called sheep hunter???? I've been putting my kids in for this hunt since they passed their Core. My dream hunt would actually hunting this unit with one of them having the tag instead of me. They have been right beside me on many many of my photo sessions with these rams. But, big bore deserves this tag more than them right?

proguide66
09-19-2013, 06:22 PM
So...if its not a "real" sheep hunt, we shouldn't have it?
you didn't read in my post ( for myself , never preaching) , before you get your nuts twisted toots , read all the words on a neutral persons post BEFORE you try and make em guilty of starting shit.

dana
09-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Pro guide,
tons of Limited Entry units around the west have critters that don't seem to run from every human they see. limited hunting means just that. Less people shooting at or killing critters means the classic fear isn't always there. These areas can still see a quality hunt though. Knowing this unit pretty intimately, I've seen some of the biggest rams being quite camera shy, especially within the draw unit boundaries. If it is boring to guys that see a bunch of rams die every year because they are top notch sheep guides, it does mean the average joe isn't going to find these hunts extremely exciting. I for one would love to opportunity to hunt this unit for the entire length looking at a ton of good rams trying to find that World class ram. I'm sure I could make it an amazing hunt!

behemoth
09-19-2013, 06:35 PM
And people wonder why many are not posting pictures here anymore???? You guys are classic! Especially big bores comments. Wasn't just a short while ago he was a newbie to hunting asking tons of newbie questions on this site. Suddenly, he has become more deserving than others because he has hunted sheep a few times now???? I have hunted my entire life, lost count to the amount of big game critters I've killed but....I've never gone sheep hunting. I've been putting in for the Kamloops Leh for more than 20 years but according to big bore, he is more deserving of the tag because he is now a so-called sheep hunter???? I've been putting my kids in for this hunt since they passed their Core. My dream hunt would actually hunting this unit with one of them having the tag instead of me. They have been right beside me on many many of my photo sessions with these rams. But, big bore deserves this tag more than them right?

I was thinking the same thing. You can't teach humility and generosity to some....

Jelvis
09-19-2013, 06:45 PM
This 3-29 area is west of Rosseau Creek and now on it's own on the lake, but the proposal for 3-29B Any Cali Ram is for east of Rosseau Creek where the sheep have not been open for Leh yet.
That means an even more pleasant hunt for Any Ram, 3-29B.
You can drive a Smart Car into herds of Cali sheep.
Frederick Road off of Tranquille Valley Road just up west from Kammy.
Below is the CN R/R. on top is the Red Plateau.
This sheep any Cali ram on a world auction wood bring in over half a shamillion Canadian loonies and beyond into never never land. It's a Fantasy Hunt gone Real.
You Vin You Squeel.
Rams by the duz zoooooooonz and eye popping hornz, look over there man holeleee
sheet.

proguide66
09-19-2013, 06:46 PM
Pro guide,
tons of Limited Entry units around the west have critters that don't seem to run from every human they see. limited hunting means just that. Less people shooting at or killing critters means the classic fear isn't always there. These areas can still see a quality hunt though. Knowing this unit pretty intimately, I've seen some of the biggest rams being quite camera shy, especially within the draw unit boundaries. If it is boring to guys that see a bunch of rams die every year because they are top notch sheep guides, it does mean the average joe isn't going to find these hunts extremely exciting. I for one would love to opportunity to hunt this unit for the entire length looking at a ton of good rams trying to find that World class ram. I'm sure I could make it an amazing hunt! True enough ! It was my first time lookin for those rams ( ever) and was taken a 'bit back' by merely walking up to them. I'd be a liar if I hadn't thought of how fun sticking an arrow in the fat one would be...BUT , yes after chasing sheep in the remote north for years and being paid for it , driving in a vehicle and walking up to a band of rams was a little 'different' for me.....'to each their own' I always preach , never to judge. As stated earlier , " for me" I have mixed feelings as I ( personally) love a monster challenge with very elusive game which ( for me) makes for getting 'lost' in your memories each time gazing at the mount on the wall years later quite delicious !

limit time
09-19-2013, 06:49 PM
you didn't read in my post ( for myself , never preaching) , before you get your nuts twisted toots , read all the words on a neutral persons post BEFORE you try and make em guilty of starting shit.
I did. What I typed is how I read it.

srupp
09-19-2013, 06:50 PM
Get bent.... Stephen posts a thread about someone shooting the ram with no pics or story. It doesn't get me excited, it pisses me off. Why even bother? I would like to see pics, hear the particulars, and not open a thread named "Kamloops lake ram", which by the way got me a little excited, that has nothing but a gossip column ring to it. Unless you are in the "in crowd", we get to sit here and wonder. All it has done is get peoples panties all knotted up. :roll:

Hmmm thats Steven....sorry if for whatever reason you are thus offended..seriously??...Sheesh if you only knew of the animals that have been harvested and havnt been posted because of some negative attitudes here.Why bother?? hmm because its a cranker..because its THE Kamloops lake LEH..because its a BC resident and not some foreigner taking it back to Finnland....because its a do it yourself hunt..because it was a POSITIVE hunting event...

As for being part of the IN CROWD..you were part of the crowd that this information was shared with..I can still remember the shyte when I dared to not post photos of my stone ram...

Perhaps you could consider taking a deep breath and waiting for the hunter to post the photo and story IF HE CHOOSES TO...sheesh 72 hours no story no photo and your upset??WOW... says a lot...24 hours previously there were posts were are all the animals...some days ya just cant win.

STEVEN

Jelvis
09-19-2013, 07:00 PM
One huge Cali ram we saw along off the r/r track about 4k along from Frederick westward, looked like a dall sheep horns, curled and sweeps out, we ner saw a ram like this ever b4, and I was stunned and stoopid for a couple hours after seeing him on a rock and then dig out running up a ravine out of sight, digging I never knew a Cali ram could run out out from a dead stop like that, with strong Power!
I got a photo but it was 80 yards out, five others came up from the Kamloops Lake across the track and up the rock. The huge ram we saw way up on a ridge looking down at me. Then as we left the are he ran down towards where we first saw the monster ram of a life time. And that wood be 3-29B if a draw for Any Cali Ram MU 3-29B get's approval from the pro Bio's.
Full wide curl with a flare out, body like a huge mule deer buck. You cood drive a truck (4X4) or Motor Bike within walking slow distance .. BANG!
Jel .. If it happenz bring your depends ..

limit time
09-19-2013, 07:07 PM
Hmmm thats Steven....sorry if for whatever reason you are thus offended..seriously??...Sheesh if you only knew of the animals that have been harvested and havnt been posted because of some negative attitudes here.Why bother?? hmm because its a cranker..because its THE Kamloops lake LEH..because its a BC resident and not some foreigner taking it back to Finnland....because its a do it yourself hunt..because it was a POSITIVE hunting event...

As for being part of the IN CROWD..you were part of the crowd that this information was shared with..I can still remember the shyte when I dared to not post photos of my stone ram...

Perhaps you could consider taking a deep breath and waiting for the hunter to post the photo and story IF HE CHOOSES TO...sheesh 72 hours no story no photo and your upset??WOW... says a lot...24 hours previously there were posts were are all the animals...some days ya just cant win.

STEVEN

Amen to this!

dana
09-19-2013, 07:12 PM
True enough ! It was my first time lookin for those rams ( ever) and was taken a 'bit back' by merely walking up to them. I'd be a liar if I hadn't thought of how fun sticking an arrow in the fat one would be...BUT , yes after chasing sheep in the remote north for years and being paid for it , driving in a vehicle and walking up to a band of rams was a little 'different' for me.....'to each their own' I always preach , never to judge. As stated earlier , " for me" I have mixed feelings as I ( personally) love a monster challenge with very elusive game which ( for me) makes for getting 'lost' in your memories each time gazing at the mount on the wall years later quite delicious !

I know that one of the premier units for trophy muley nuts is the Henry Mnts. A extremely once in a lifetime draw. And guess what? Many of the monsters that live in the unit are just as 'tame' as some of the Kamloops Rams. But I'd give my left nut to hunt there. World class bucks can be found. Some easily, some not so easily. No different than Kamloops Lake Rams. A hunt is all what you make it. You can be done the first hour or hunt the entire length glassing till your eyes go blind. On another site, the Sportsmans draw tag holder killed a 240 class buck on opening day of his hunt on the Henries. Seeing the video is refreshing as this guy and his family were Jacked Up to see this buck in their spotter. Just average Joes doing it DIY. And pumped to kill an absolute Giant on opening day. Compare to the usual Statewide Gov Tag holders that have a fleet of guides out from Aug till Dec who receive a phonecall on the last day and jump on a plane a whack the biggest buck his paid posse can find and barely smile for the post harvest pics. To think the DIYer got some internet wannabees panties in a knot cause god-forbid he killed a 240 class buck opening day and didn't hold out for a real giant. Classy eh?

proguide66
09-19-2013, 07:20 PM
I did. What I typed is how I read it.
oh ya?? maybe you should pull up the part in my post where you quoted me saying- " not a real sheep hunt" and show the audience???.....:roll:

Jim Prawn
09-19-2013, 07:40 PM

A little poorly worded perhaps but I get your point. Many years ago I guided a client to a 51 lb chinook. It was the first night of the trip and his first salmon ever. I was bouncing off the gunnels yelling "Thats gotta be fifty pounds!" He sat down in his chair and said "Is that a good thing?". Actually felt a bit the same way about my ten year old shooting that big blacktail last year - dont get me wrong it was very exciting and I was very happy and proud for him, I just didnt want him to think its that easy. Regardless, I would love to do this hunt and have put in for it periodically over the years. As far as pics from this years hunt, just look up some of Dana's posts you'll probably see the ram.
JP

dana
09-19-2013, 08:01 PM
The way I look at it, if a newbie, a causal hunting wife or a kid for that manner got drawn for the Kamloops tag and actually killed one of the many giant rams that live there, wouldn't it actually get them excited about sheep hunting???? Perhaps they might catch the sheep bug and go on to hunt and harvest the BC Sheep Slam???? Or maybe the Grand Slam or even perhaps the World Slam???? Maybe just maybe that first sheep hunt in Kamloops might be the first of many sheep hunts. What's wrong with that eh Big Boar??? I guess some could say that Rossy you shot as a Newbie wasn't fair either eh? Some might say if they had that tag they could have really appreciated it and killed something much bigger eh????

rides bike to work
09-19-2013, 08:13 PM
The trophy guys are comin out of the wood work claws out pullin hair. Keep it up boys very entertaining.

Jelvis
09-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Well with a leh lifetime draw for any ram Cali in MU 3-29 on the menu you'd have to consider how big of any ram do I really want? Dahhhhhhhh.
The biggest lol.
Jelly If you can't dodge it RAM it!

greybark
09-19-2013, 08:28 PM
To simplify things , it does not matter who gets this coveted tag . It`s theirs and it`s up to them to attach their personnal level of excitment and adventure and not have to endure the standards of others .
Cheers .

Whonnock Boy
09-19-2013, 08:34 PM

STEVEN

Listen.... Steven. (< my bad) I never said I was offended, I said "pissed off", and even at that maybe I should have said disappointed, or how about a bit of both. Seriously, what is the point of letting half of the cat out of the bag? Is it even your cat to let out? Great, you're excited. Great, you think this is good for the resident hunter. Great, it's a cranker. Not great, starting a shyte show sheep thread.

No, I am not part of the IN CROWD. The in crowd has seen the pics.

A part of me thinks that you have stole this guys thunder. Can't you wait for him to post up before you started this thread? It's not even 72 hours. hmmmm...... sheesh yourself. LOL!

Look man, I just don't get it. Let's leave it at that. :wink:

coach
09-19-2013, 08:43 PM
To simplify things , it does not matter who gets this coveted tag . It`s theirs and it`s up to them to attach their personnal level of excitment and adventure and not have to endure the standards of others .
Cheers .

Well said..

Darksith
09-19-2013, 08:46 PM
This is exactly why people aren't posting these days. You don't get what you want so you make some stupid comment rather than an encouraging or constructive comment that would sway someone on the fence to share their adventure rather than back away. If people on here have the same attitude as you then HBC is gonna fold up and disappear because bottom line, your not being positive. Now I could call you names, or tell you where to go, but I won't because thats not the spirit we should have here, which would encourage people to post, and share rather than worry about what someone might say that isn't enthusiastic.

Darksith
09-19-2013, 08:49 PM
No, I am not part of the IN CROWD. The in crowd has seen the pics.

A part of me thinks that you have stole this guys thunder. Can't you wait for him to post up before you started this thread? It's not even 72 hours. hmmmm...... sheesh yourself. LOL!

Look man, I just don't get it. Let's leave it at that. :wink:

The in crowd are people that go out of their way to help others. We should all be the in crowd, except we aren't because some people are greedy, or just plain rude...they want all the spots to themselves, they think that if someone else is successful its taking something off their plate.

Now I can respect that you think that maybe srupp stole a bit of this guys thunder, but maybe he asked first, do you know that? Its not your thunder, so why worry about it?

Darksith
09-19-2013, 08:51 PM

The way you define someone that deserves it is someone that has the ability to take a month of work and put in serious time. Thats just not possible with a lot of people, you shouldn't put your expactations on to others. Seen in in some Rossi threads, see it in sheep threads, just cause some people have the ability to put in a month or 2 of straight hunting every year doesn't mean they are more deserving than anyone else. Im pretty sure anyone that wins a 1:1000 knows they are a lucky SOB

Ambush
09-19-2013, 08:58 PM
This didn't take long to go very sideways and the only person who isn't involved is the shooter himself. There is not even a hunt story yet and the shit show is on!!

It is a beauty ram! And pics are circulating. So I'm sure it will turn up in in-boxes all over BC, complete with wrong hunter , wrong place, wrong score and likely some innuendos of skulduggery. Some of that has started already right here.

Why is everyone so convinced the shooter is an HBC member and just holding out?

Maybe we should just let people tell their own stories,............. if they want to, and mind our own business.

Whonnock Boy
09-19-2013, 08:58 PM
Don't be a douche just to simply make a post!

Now I could call you names,

Riiiiiiiight......... IBTL

warnniklz
09-19-2013, 09:02 PM
this thread is a shitslope greased with chipotle...

I know it's early in the season fellas... but go get out hunting

Darksith
09-19-2013, 09:05 PM
fair enough, I called you a name...Now I am also man enough to apologize. Sorry. All I want is for things to stay positive, which will encourage others to post away. If we get sideways, like this thread, then guess what. We get less and less adventures every year. I personally don't wanna see it go down that road. So sorry for being a douche myself, I shouldn't of called you a name. Lets keep things positive here boys. Sideways posts maybe should be deleted by the mods, mine included. I will also apologize to Big Boar, I know you have been helped, and help others myself included when you can. I just don't agree with the perceived definition of deserving you have.

Whonnock Boy
09-19-2013, 09:20 PM
fair enough, I called you a name...Now I am also man enough to apologize. Sorry. I just don't agree with the perceived definition of deserving you have.

Apology accepted. It was the main reason I got my hackles up. I really don't understand where you are getting that from. I don't feel I deserve, nor do I expect anything from any of the members who frequent this site. All I have done is question Steven's logic in posting this thread.

digger dogger
09-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Heres my .02, (not that it means $hit) It ain't your animal or hunt, you have no bizniz flapping anything about it on a public forum...
That is my opinion only... The only thing I'll say about the sheep is, I'm glad the tag wasn't put in the soup pot:-)

Jelvis
09-19-2013, 10:07 PM
If I was hunting these huge rams in 3-29 I wood pre-scout for at least three times b4 the dates that are valid on my LEH ANY CALI RAM - MU 3-29
Prescout and see the routes to drive as close as you can to Rosseau Creek west.
From Copper Creek way or Tranquille Valley Road turn on Frederick Road.
Or come down from the Red Plateau on top of the huge rams.
Or across the lake or down the lake with a boat from docks along the river.
You will have to work at it to get a shot anyways it's not as easy as one wood think. It's challenging and that's what most people dig.
Jellenging

Moose Guide
09-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Well, I read most of the posts for 8 pages, I skip the mindless blabbering of Jelvis, but if I go back and read his post will I get to see a picture of this ram?

Darksith
09-19-2013, 10:46 PM
but if I go back and read his post will I get to see a picture of this ram?
jelvis doesn't hunt...so nope

BiG Boar
09-19-2013, 11:37 PM

I'm not saying Im more deserving then your kids of that tag, in fact I don't even put in for it! So if I won it, I would be really happy. I am saying that Im more deserving of it than say my wife who I put in for it for her. She and many others who put in, or get put in for it, have no idea the value of it, as so many here have made clear just how special that hunt would be. If my wife got drawn, she would say something like, "so how many days is this going to take, and will I have to climb any mountains?" Heck, I have never even been to the zone and seen the rams, so Im sure your kids would know what they have when and if they ever got the draw. I guess I come from the mentality now of American and Albertan draws Ive been putting in for. They have priority in most other places, and they reward the guys who have been wanting that special draw for 12-25 years! Giving a guy that tag who like my wife road hunts for 2 weekends a year just doesn't seem fair to me. Sure I got a Rosie tag my second or third year applying. But that was 50:1 not 900:1. It's just my opinion. May not be humble, but I'd also like to see BC go to an enhanced odds for the poor guys who have been putting in for Rosie's for 30 years. Obviously not like AB's system, but more like Nevada with squared points priority. Economically speaking, the guy who has been contributing dollars for 30 years deserves it more than the new guy, or the guy who just got drawn recently. With a squared points system the new hunters still get in for a chance at the draw, they just have less of a chance to win. That to me is fair.

To the politically correct folk: I realize I was generalizing and it seemed mean when I said fudd or some woman, I just don't really care.

one-shot-wonder
09-20-2013, 08:06 AM
I am saying that Im more deserving of it than say my wife who I put in for it for her. She and many others who put in, or get put in for it, have no idea the value of it, as so many here have made clear just how special that hunt would be. If my wife got drawn, she would say something like, "so how many days is this going to take, and will I have to climb any mountains?"

Why bother entering your wife in the draw then???

Darksith
09-20-2013, 08:20 AM
Why bother entering your wife in the draw then???
ooo, there ya go...

IronNoggin
09-20-2013, 10:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4G1lr30bzc

BigfishCanada
09-20-2013, 12:33 PM
So without me reading 9 pages, are any pics on this thread??

If I won, hell Id have my pic and smile on every site I can find. I have NEVER hunted sheep, I have put in for this draw 18 years now. I have snuck up on monster sheep in that area, and its a dream that one day I win, and again if I do, I guess id be a sheep hunter, or just one luck SOB

dana
09-20-2013, 05:31 PM
I'm not saying Im more deserving then your kids of that tag, in fact I don't even put in for it! So if I won it, I would be really happy. I am saying that Im more deserving of it than say my wife who I put in for it for her. She and many others who put in, or get put in for it, have no idea the value of it, as so many here have made clear just how special that hunt would be. If my wife got drawn, she would say something like, "so how many days is this going to take, and will I have to climb any mountains?" Heck, I have never even been to the zone and seen the rams, so Im sure your kids would know what they have when and if they ever got the draw. I guess I come from the mentality now of American and Albertan draws Ive been putting in for. They have priority in most other places, and they reward the guys who have been wanting that special draw for 12-25 years! Giving a guy that tag who like my wife road hunts for 2 weekends a year just doesn't seem fair to me. Sure I got a Rosie tag my second or third year applying. But that was 50:1 not 900:1. It's just my opinion. May not be humble, but I'd also like to see BC go to an enhanced odds for the poor guys who have been putting in for Rosie's for 30 years. Obviously not like AB's system, but more like Nevada with squared points priority. Economically speaking, the guy who has been contributing dollars for 30 years deserves it more than the new guy, or the guy who just got drawn recently. With a squared points system the new hunters still get in for a chance at the draw, they just have less of a chance to win. That to me is fair.

To the politically correct folk: I realize I was generalizing and it seemed mean when I said fudd or some woman, I just don't really care.

So I'm confused. First you say your are happy the hunter who was successful because he was deserving of it, but now you say only those who have been putting in for a long time are the ones deserving??? Srupp calls the hunter a lad, so if this is the case, he hasn't been putting in for a long time now has he? So you are basing the 'deserving' comment on what? I assume he is an accomplished hunter, so is that how you are basing you 'deserving' comment??? I also wonder how you base an 'undeserving' comment? If you only saw a picture on the Internet of say a kid holding a ram or perhaps a woman holding a ram, would they suddenly be 'undeserving'??? You base judgements on just pics on the Internet without even knowing the hunter. Perhaps there is a kid in the picture and the kid is just like my kids, raised in the hunting heritage and very accomplished hunters even though they are young. I know for a fact my son is more accomplished hunter than you are as he has many many more kills under his belt than you do. Soo, if you had never seen me post a picture of his success, would you jump to the conclusion that because he's a kid he was therefore 'undeserving' of such a tag as the Kamloops sheep LEH?

frenchbar
09-20-2013, 06:12 PM
this is what makes HBC :-D worth tuning into.. nothing like a good old Friday night interweb Donny brook .

The Dawg
09-20-2013, 06:19 PM
Alright.

Shows over.

It was me

Ill post pics when this slows down

fyi- if anyone wants to look hard enough, there's a pic of this ram posted already.

Blainer
09-20-2013, 06:23 PM
. I know for a fact my son is more accomplished hunter than you are as he has many many more kills under his belt than you do. I would take that bet!
I hope your sons kills are literaly in the 100's,and I'm not counting birds.

dana
09-20-2013, 06:30 PM
Big boar is a new hunter. At least he was posting as such a few years ago. Since he posts big long epic tails of all his hunts, I certainly have't seen hundreds of critters that you say he has. Or are you saying the guy has been an accomplished hunter all along and has just been pretending to be a newbie to glean info and chase gut piles??? ;)

frenchbar
09-20-2013, 06:36 PM
I got an idea lets all get some whiskey..invite jeff and waterskeeter over and realy give er shit ..good old fashin cage match :-D

Blainer
09-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Big boar is a new hunter. At least he was posting as such a few years ago. Since he posts big long epic tails of all his hunts, I certainly have't seen hundreds of critters that you say he has. Or are you saying the guy has been an accomplished hunter all along and has just been pretending to be a newbie to glean info and chase gut piles??? ;)Nope,just saying he stopped posting.
His success last year would rival almost any on here and I hope your son has a ram,caribou,Rosy elk,Kootaney elk,goat,moose,wolves,coyotes,all species of deer and more under his belt.
I don't want to mention Africa,Argentina,New Zealand and the numerous USA hunts.

dana
09-20-2013, 06:45 PM
My son saw his first successful hunt at 3 months of age. How old was Big boar when he took up hunting??? Experience versus money? hmmmm, which one makes the better hunter??? Glad you posted this as I think you just answered my question as to who he thinks is most 'deserving'. Bet ya it has a lot to do with those deep pockets don't it? :)

Jelvis
09-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Frenchbar was 2 weeks old when he nailed his first muley. lol
Jel .. 2 weeks

The Dawg
09-20-2013, 06:57 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VPG9VX4jILk/S7WUe8eY_2I/AAAAAAAAAAc/FiRqDyRDCHQ/S660/epeen34.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=V83vmKjvgVeQ7M&tbnid=RvYnG9nci8Yy9M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fragrantica.com%2Fboard%2Fvie wtopic.php%3Fid%3D57388&ei=6vw8UuKqC83rigKz_4CABQ&bvm=bv.52434380,d.cGE&psig=AFQjCNEoS4AYgI8RK1a6L3ON3qU1j-YRCA&ust=1379815005472281)

frenchbar
09-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Frenchbar was 2 weeks old when he nailed his first muley. lol
Jel .. 2 weeks and knocked up the girl next door a week later...

Blainer
09-20-2013, 07:00 PM
My son saw his first successful hunt at 3 months of age. How old was Big boar when he took up hunting??? Experience versus money? hmmmm, which one makes the better hunter??? Glad you posted this as I think you just answered my question as to who he thinks is most 'deserving'. Bet ya it has a lot to do with those deep pockets don't it? :)I appreciate all you kids hunts and shares.
I feel no need to defend Big Bore and it's not my place to share his successes.
I thought your statement claiming your son as a more accomplished hunter was off base,it would appear you are full of opinions yourself.
I hope in the future your son finds financial success and get's the opportunity to hunt Africa,it's absolutely phenomenal.
I also hope he gets the opportunity to pursue a Rosy elk with a bow and hunt stone sheep.
I wish you and you're family great success in hunting this season and I look forward to you're pictures and shares like I always have.

Big Lew
09-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Every year at about this time, maybe a bit earlier, most of us get edgy and cranky.....usually rectified by getting out into the wilds and killing something. It doesn't take much, even a couple of birds will do it...so count to ten guys and gals, and get out there for your 'fix.'

dana
09-20-2013, 07:17 PM
My intent in my posts is to actually uncover the intention of Big boars comment about deserving hunters. He slammed women hunters, road hunters and new hunters and has not thus far given a straight answer as to why? As a trophy hunter I feel such posts like Big boars, give all trophy hunters a bad name. For some unknown reason, many trophy hunters think of themselves as more deserving than the rest of the hunters out there. This sense of entitlement is what is killing of hunters in this province. Just look at this site. Why do people not post pics anymore? Plain and simple they are tired of getting ripped by some keyboard ethictian who sits and judges only based on a picture on the Internet. I saw Big boar start out on this site as a newbie with a ton of questions. He got a ton of direction from many knowledgable hunters but now in his short hunting time, he has fallen into the trap of being judgemental. His comments have shown the one thing he has yet to learn is sportsmanship!

Jelvis
09-20-2013, 07:40 PM
Any hunter with a bchunternumber can apply for Kamloops Lake MU 3-29 Any Cali Ram
This is as fair as the minister can make it, you buy your chances with a chance card and send it into Victoria.
You pay the cash and takes yur chances.
Just so happens this MU 3-29 any cali ram is an adventure made in the twi-light zone.
It's the hottest most challenging leh tag around the Loopy town.
Challenging because you won the ticket to paradise, pack yer bags we'll leave to-night, with a chance to fulfil a hunting dream with reality.
Rich, poor or in betwixed, you have a chance like all the rest who apply for a valid leh tag.
When the computer starts to rattle and roll and spitz out the lucky winner, someone will get the news real quick like. ANY CALI RAM 3- 29
And you won't need lots of cash or a huge plane ride(the plane boss dah plane) cuz a car or twuck will get you close enuff to walk in on healthy soil, red dirt, sage and grass into sheep and mule deer habitat with semi open forest and hilly country.
It's a safe, pleasurable hunt and you will see cali rams.
It's a diamond in the ruff, it's a mountain of gold, a story forever to be told.
jelly Weaver Longfellow

f350ps
09-20-2013, 08:17 PM
I would take that bet!
I hope your sons kills are literaly in the 100's,and I'm not counting birds.
Wow, really,you'd wanna even go down this trail? There's a huge difference between "hunters" and "shooters". Hunters find the game themselves and shooters have people that find the game for them. I'm not saying Dave hasn't worked hard in is very short hunting career but don't include big $$$ trips in to experience, there's a very big difference!! Rarely do I agree with Dana but this time he's bang on, that draw is available to any and all hunters, the deserving recipient is the lucky hunter that got it. K

Apolonius
09-20-2013, 08:50 PM
Stop bitching....bitches.Where are the photos????.I had to read all this for nothing?Wasted all my time for nothing?....blah blah.Oops now i am bitching.

mntbowhunter
09-20-2013, 08:50 PM
This is hilarious! I know the guy who killed the ram very well and he is not an HBC Member anyway. Hes too busy killing big mule deer to be whinning and bikering on the internet about stupid topics.

Jelvis
09-20-2013, 09:26 PM
If yah no em ask em for a pick and you can show it, not that hard if yah know em as well as your sayin, e-mail post done.
He don't have to join and your on already, just the sheep cuz we don't need to know anyone or their face. Yust the ram is good enuff.
Jel .. e-mail a pik 2 U of the sheep then wha lah. Over and onto another success photo.

Sleep Robber
09-20-2013, 11:08 PM
This is hilarious! I know the guy who killed the ram very well and he is not an HBC Member anyway. Hes too busy killing big mule deer to be whinning and bikering on the internet about stupid topics.

Good for him, glad he got what he was after, just knowing that the tag was filled by a happy hunter is enough for me, and although a pic and a bit of a story is nice to see and read, too many grown men get their shyt in a knot when they don't get what they want, as you can tell by the 11 pages of bullshyt diarrhea.

r106
09-20-2013, 11:28 PM
Just got home about an hour ago from hunting today. Sounds like some on here should get out and try it. Salmon still running, hunting season is here get out and enjoy it, instead of bitching and whining on the internet. Thats what winter is for

EvanG
10-01-2013, 05:06 PM
no wonder nobody posts sweet **** all anymore, Thanks or starting the thread steven, glad the tag was filled.

Rackem
10-01-2013, 05:38 PM
http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by BiG Boar http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=1384787#post1384787)

Effing bite me BiG Bore!! :wink:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p206x206/1013819_10151623203210754_1097466040_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p206x206/1236734_10151623146845754_506621080_n.jpg

Rackem
10-01-2013, 05:41 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1229947_10151624209075754_1981816938_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p206x206/1238201_10151624210815754_2134126397_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p206x206/1240130_10151624212395754_691036157_n.jpg

Leaseman
10-02-2013, 06:59 AM
My intent in my posts is to actually uncover the intention of Big boars comment about deserving hunters. He slammed women hunters, road hunters and new hunters and has not thus far given a straight answer as to why? As a trophy hunter I feel such posts like Big boars, give all trophy hunters a bad name. For some unknown reason, many trophy hunters think of themselves as more deserving than the rest of the hunters out there. This sense of entitlement is what is killing of hunters in this province. Just look at this site. Why do people not post pics anymore? Plain and simple they are tired of getting ripped by some keyboard ethictian who sits and judges only based on a picture on the Internet. I saw Big boar start out on this site as a newbie with a ton of questions. He got a ton of direction from many knowledgable hunters but now in his short hunting time, he has fallen into the trap of being judgemental. His comments have shown the one thing he has yet to learn is sportsmanship!

Great post Dana......!

Money does buy happiness!!!:mrgreen:

goatdancer
10-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Effing bite me BiG Bore!! :wink:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p206x206/1013819_10151623203210754_1097466040_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p206x206/1236734_10151623146845754_506621080_n.jpg

Now that's a kick in the bag. Way to go. The guy deserves it.

huntcoop
10-02-2013, 11:27 AM
All that shows is a pair of legs or does it show that crossbows ARE for women :lol:

Rackem
10-02-2013, 11:29 AM
You bite me too huntcoop lol! .

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p206x206/1237169_10151623142370754_1811316042_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/563576_10151623143000754_2016207696_n.jpg

huntcoop
10-02-2013, 11:40 AM
All that shows is you like to hike and take pix of men hunting :lol:

Rackem
10-02-2013, 12:33 PM
All that shows is you like to hike and take pix of men hunting :lol:

Stop amusing me! LOL!