PDA

View Full Version : Fine Furs Taxidermy - Joey Courchesne - Lone Butte - Know Him?

rcar
09-17-2013, 11:58 PM
This spring I was lucky enough to harvest a very large phase colored bear in the Cariboo. I typically don't bother with rugs but this guy was really nice and when I brought my bear meat to a great guy in Lac La Hache to make me some sausage he gave me a card for this guy for taxidermy.

Long story short.....it has been a total sh*t show trying to get my very nice trophy chocolate bear rug back. Each call/email takes forever to be responded to and now he has gone silent and voicemail is full.

I understand he was part of a taxidermy business near Williams Lake and that business is closing and Joey is trying to continue it.

I have been to his house in Lone Buute but hesitate to just drive there.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated by PM.

Steeleco
09-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Is the rug ready already? Mine took almost a whole year. There has to be someone that lives close that can pay them a visit?

rcar
09-18-2013, 12:25 AM
Tons of excuse emails....including hair slipping issues that should never of happened....cape was in his hands 12 hours after harvest and a very cold night later. I have heard about a TON is issues including a bad batch of chemicals, broken equipment, lost parts, and 2 weeks ago another broken tumbler....since then silent

andrewscag
09-18-2013, 09:52 AM
Pm sent. .