PDA

View Full Version : squamish

Vancouver1234
09-17-2013, 04:41 PM
anyone seen or had much success around the squamish valley for grouse? first hunting trip ever this weekend, going for grouse, but are there any other upland bird in the area?? should i go up to a higher elevation to find them? what kind of areas are good??

thanks for the help

seanps
09-17-2013, 04:44 PM
Hi! Glad to hear you're getting out, but there are many, many posts on here about hunting grouse in Squamish. Try the "Advanced Search" at the top right.

yamadirt 426
09-17-2013, 05:02 PM
yes the squish holds birds. No where in particular. Get out there and check out the small skidder rds. post your birds when you get them !

Cami
09-17-2013, 09:44 PM
Went up there last week saw a couple but not near as much as before the season opened .
kind of hard to see em in the moment still lots of leaves on the brush and brown leaves around the edges .
Hope u have petter luck then me oh and bring some minte cream the salmon is pretty bad lol

albravo2
09-17-2013, 09:46 PM
i haven't had much luck along the roads, and I've driven a good bit already this season. based on advice from other threads i'm going to refocus my efforts on deciduous tree areas.

I saw a handful before the season opened. not much since then.

seanps
09-18-2013, 03:47 AM
Sent a PM.

The Silent Stalker
09-18-2013, 07:41 AM
I was sent a video two days from a buddy who drives logging trucks out there, on Monday there was 1-2 kms of road under water, the river has swollen and water right across the road to and into the trees. I will try to get an update to see how the road did during this week.