PDA

View Full Version : Migratory bird license

davet
09-15-2013, 06:08 PM
I live in south surrey, Where can I go to get this License?

How much is it?

BuckNaked
09-15-2013, 06:11 PM
post office, 17 bucks!

Trapper
09-15-2013, 07:10 PM
Its a federal licence that's why you need to go to the post office.

Chopper333
09-15-2013, 07:13 PM
I would suggest calling the Post Office first to see which location sells the license. In Victoria, only one office sells the license. I found that out after standing in line...

adriaticum
09-15-2013, 07:19 PM
I live in south surrey, Where can I go to get this License?

How much is it?

International Shooting Supplies on 104th & 148th.

kuva
09-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Whole sale will sell it closer to duck season. Other than that it's hitting the post offices

Phil A. Bowl
09-15-2013, 10:03 PM
ive never bird hunted, so will that license cover you for all of bc or just certain areas. I know its prob in the regs.

Trapper
09-16-2013, 04:57 AM
Phil.....Its good for all of BC and all of Canada

BiG Boar
09-16-2013, 06:21 AM
International Shooting Supplies on 104th & 148th.

Can you really get your federal migratory license at a hunting store? Or are you thinking of your fraser valley special license ?

2forty
09-16-2013, 08:51 AM
Post office at Scottsdale Mall in Delta by Save on food always has them .Thats 120st Scott rd and 73 ave

adriaticum
09-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Can you really get your federal migratory license at a hunting store? Or are you thinking of your fraser valley special license ?

Environment Canada wishes to invite individual and national organizations such as outfitters and fishing and hunting sporting goods stores to become vendors of the 2013 Migratory Game Bird Hunting (MGBH) permits.
The Canadian Wildlife Service of EC is responsible, each year, to sell more than 200,000 Migratory Game Bird Hunting (MGBH) permits across Canada. EC cannot accomplish this huge undertaking alone and relies on the help of organizations to assist with the selling of these permits to hunters.
If you are interested in selling MGBH permits in 2013, please inform us by sending an email to: CWSPermit.PermisSCF@ec.gc.ca or a fax (819) 953-6283 or a letter by mail (MGBH Permits, Environment Canada, 351 St. Joseph Blvd, 16th floor, #16072, Gatineau, Quebec, K1A 0H3). The email, fax or letter should include your full coordinates. Once approved as a vendor EC will contact the organization to formalize an agreement.

Unfortunately there is no list of vendors I could find.
I assume that ISS would be selling it because they pretty much have everything .

davet
09-16-2013, 09:33 AM
well i called wholesale they said they have not received them yet, she said try the post office.

thanks everyone for your help and info

lineofsight
09-18-2013, 01:47 AM
Given where you may be going hunting if you're in South Surrey, this could also be a consideration - Fraser Valley Special Area Hunting License.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/docs/FVSAH2012.pdf

rbest
09-18-2013, 02:36 PM
You can get your Migratory at most outfitters now. Reliable, Italian etc.

albravo2
09-19-2013, 09:40 AM
Even after reading a couple threads on how tough these were to find I was surprised to find my nearest post office in Squamish sold out. How many duck hunters live in the Garibaldi Highlands???

Apparently one of the other post offices in Squamish has a few so I plan to buy one today, but wtf? The season hasn't even opened down here.

Why on earth would they send so few permits to each post office?

Sasqman
09-19-2013, 10:12 AM

Because the person at Canada post that is in charge of handing out the permits would be out of a job if they stocked all the stores in the begining of the season.
What would they do for the next 5 months with no one calling and asking for more permits?
They would feel really lonely, and not have much purpose in their life.............................................. .......

Paul

Moe.JKU
09-19-2013, 10:27 AM
Even after reading a couple threads on how tough these were to find I was surprised to find my nearest post office in Squamish sold out. How many duck hunters live in the Garibaldi Highlands???

Apparently one of the other post offices in Squamish has a few so I plan to buy one today, but wtf? The season hasn't even opened down here.

Goose season was open for a 2 weekends. People also seem to know how hard it is to get them so they go early as soon as they start selling them. I go the first weekend they start selling them for this reason.