PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Hunting so far?

KIDHUNTER99
09-15-2013, 04:40 PM
Last year by this time we saw alot of animals moving around. This year we have seen 1 deer. Me and my dad think its just too warm right now. I hunt around Reg 8 and Reg 3. Is it just me having this problem? or are other people in other regions noticing the same thing?

dakoda62
09-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Out last weekend for the youth hunt. Saw whiteys and mule deer doe's but no bucks to speak of.

.300WSMImpact!
09-15-2013, 04:52 PM
was in the koots, up until sept 9th it was looking good saw animals everyday, then the heat came in and the animals seemed to be heading back up high or deep in the holes, but this week I think will be good

Darksith
09-15-2013, 05:17 PM
At least you have gotten out there...Other than searching for a misplaced or stolen T cam, I haven't been out since the season opened. The baby has been born now though, so hopefully the wife will need some quiet time and me and 3 year old will get a chance to give mom some quiet time with the baby.

Jelvis
09-15-2013, 05:22 PM
Early season has it's challenges, dry and noisey. Hunt early and late.
Walk on old roads and trails to keep sound down.
Walk with the sun behind you if possible.
Hunt up higher where the animals are cooler from less heat and some wind.
Hunt by lakes and streams on the surrounding little hill tops.

HarryToolips
09-15-2013, 05:33 PM
On the hot days last year I had more success seeing animals in the mornin..seems like they come out after last light when it's hot..on overcast days I've seen quite a bit this year reg 8 and 3...

HarryToolips
09-15-2013, 05:34 PM
At least you have gotten out there...Other than searching for a misplaced or stolen T cam, I haven't been out since the season opened. The baby has been born now though, so hopefully the wife will need some quiet time and me and 3 year old will get a chance to give mom some quiet time with the baby.
Congrats bud I was in your shoes last season with our first..now I can't make er out for any early mornin hunts wife needs to sleep in lol

markt308
09-15-2013, 05:47 PM
During bow season there was some good rain and I got out for a few days. Saw but loads of deer including many many bucks. Not every day is like that of course. But my bow season saw an insane amount of game this year. No complaints or me

decker9
09-15-2013, 06:08 PM
Been seeing tons of moose, mostly on the lake and my lick, but not much for deer or bear, region 6.

Cyrus
09-15-2013, 06:40 PM
Yeo too hot...looks like a change ahead, Sept is just another summer month now.

Grousedaddy
09-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Ive seen about 11 does 1 buck and a cow moose but its hot as hell here around kamloops but they are out there first light and the very last light hope it cools down this week !!

twinpeaks3
09-15-2013, 06:47 PM
Seen a ton of deer so far this year in 8.My oldest son (17) took a a nice 2 point last weekend my youngest (15) took a 140ish lb 3point today and I took the slightly smaller4 point besided him. Dont be shy to walk the crunchy stuff just do it right. be as quiet as possible which is still loud but think deer, after a few loud steps stop for a minute and look around or just wait then go again till you hit a few loud step just like a deer walking along feeding. never silloet your self and work with the wind. My boys and I have done well walking crunchy blocks early for years. dont try to be to sneeky and surprise them just sound like another deer.Make sure you pause atleast every 15 or so yards in a block. But also make sure you are ready for a 200 yrd plus shot because the odds of a really close one just are not there with the noise you are making. Its hot yes so hunt the shaded tree lines and you'll be surprised whats out there. I meet lots of guys that say its to hot but if you play your cards right they are there for the taking.

warnniklz
09-15-2013, 06:51 PM
was out south of PG yesterday and today, seen one oversized moose and 2 bears. Seen deer and more bears in headlights though.

batman66
09-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Saw a large bull moose on Highway 23N three days ago, it was to quick for the camera