PDA

View Full Version : Early Season Spotting

Westcoastgunner
09-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Well gentlemen and ladies hunting season has started. The girlfriend and I went up last Wednesday to the top of 3-19 for possibly an early 4 point and to do some scouting. As most of you know who live up there, it was hot hot hot. First night as we settled in we got a visitor in the middle of the night, never made visual contact but for sure it was a moose no more then 20' from our tent. He sure freaked the heck out of the girlfriend. Next morning we got up before sunrise to walk the old road we were camping along, spotted a few grouse that morning and scored two of them. While shots were flying for those birds we heard crashing through the woods 40' from us, the bush was thick so we couldn't identify it. With grouse in hand we continued down the road, there was a marsh clearing on the side of the road where we got to identify the source of the crashing. Put the binos on it and standing there was the illusive fork bull of 3-19. After hearing from everyone the rarity and knowing people who have searched for years to find this animal I was pretty excited to be staring at this animal. Then the reality of him being a month out of season set in. So next month ill be heading back there to claim that guy hopefully. Finished the rest of the trip with a few does, fawns, and urge to get back out there when I can. Anyways a short and sweet story, hope everyone's beginning of the season in going well. Have photos of the fork but cant figure out how to post them.

Westcoastgunner
09-15-2013, 11:12 AM
http://s1316.photobucket.com/user/westcoastgunner89/media/moose2_zpsf60cb016.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Warlite
09-15-2013, 11:20 AM
Cool story, nice job on spotty that rare immy! Hopefully you get to see him again in a month!

adriaticum
09-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Thanks for sharing!