PDA

View Full Version : why arent more people posting success pictures?

dino
09-14-2013, 07:06 PM
I can remember when the site first started there were way more people posting pics. One of the biggest attractions to the site were the pictures. I can understand if you don't want to reveal the area but that can easily be photoshoped out. Big or small I cant be the only one that likes to see success pics.

adriaticum
09-14-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm sure some don't know how to and need some hands on training and some, like me, have nothing to show for :)

Blainer
09-14-2013, 07:11 PM
They will come.
You got yours day 1, give it a bit of time.
Some nice early rams have surfaced as well as early moose and my personal favorites,the youth hunts.
October any buck season should produce some pictures and stories with the monster Bucks to follow in Nov.
Patience

dino
09-14-2013, 07:43 PM
They will come.
You got yours day 1, give it a bit of time.
I hear ya but the season started back in early august, I really think that less and less members are posting.

"No Choke"Lord Walsingham
09-14-2013, 07:43 PM
Not everyone takes electronic technology afield with them. A big part of going outdoors for me thus far has been to be without it.

coach
09-14-2013, 07:47 PM
I can remember when the site first started there were way more people posting pics. One of the biggest attractions to the site were the pictures. I can understand if you don't want to reveal the area but that can easily be photoshoped out. Big or small I cant be the only one that likes to see success pics.

It used to be that you would start the whole season off by posting a small deer, then I would follow up with a smaller deer and everyone would feel better about themselves and post something. Now you've gone and set the bar too high and I can't find the time to get out and kill a boner buck of my own to post. It's really all your fault, Dino. :mrgreen:

ruger#1
09-14-2013, 07:49 PM
http://oliverdailynews.com/wp-content/uploads//2013/09/marmot-posing-bedard.jpg

adriaticum
09-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Not everyone takes electronic technology afield with them. A big part of going outdoors for me thus far has been to be without it.

Yes sir!
-------

RINO
09-14-2013, 08:22 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRh9kc_ZJ92g-YXnmp5PjmsiooRnUAZ-TsCMVTZHwMUh8x52DPQ0w

ruger#1
09-14-2013, 08:24 PM
From Rino, With luv. https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRh9kc_ZJ92g-YXnmp5PjmsiooRnUAZ-TsCMVTZHwMUh8x52DPQ0w

r106
09-14-2013, 08:29 PM
I will when I get something. But so far I haven't even been out to set up trail cams I've been so busy.

j270wsm
09-14-2013, 08:29 PM
Part of the reason could be all the negative comments some people make.

adriaticum
09-14-2013, 08:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBC37i86Rm0

Gateholio
09-14-2013, 08:43 PM
Haven't had any success yet! :)

hunted pretty hard in a new to us area, but the temps were very hit and we didn't see what we were after. Saw some pretty impressive mule deer but it was bow only, saw lots of other critters but they were either not in season, not correct antler configuration or they were females. :)

kayjayess
09-14-2013, 08:57 PM
You think?

j270wsm
09-14-2013, 09:16 PM
Pretty sure. I know I'll never post pics of a ram

kayjayess
09-14-2013, 09:17 PM
Pretty sure. I know I'll never post pics of a ram
LOL. Yes I am pretty sure too

Gateholio
09-14-2013, 09:43 PM
A couple of years ago we made new rules regarding the negative stuff that went along with some sheep threads. The biggest negative sheep hunter member was willy442 and he was banned because he wouldn't stop his arrogant behaviour when it came to rams that didn't measure up to his standards.

We take the approach that if something is legal- it's legal-and it's not up to the peanut gallery to decide that.

As HBC keeps evolving and growing, we try to respond to the issues that arise We still need help with people reporting posts that attack legal hunters though, everyone needs to do thier part. Don't let some cranky elitist hunters "win" Just report them and we will take action if required.

squamishhunter
09-14-2013, 09:45 PM
I'm thinking of getting rid of my laptop. Way better shit to do.

ianwuzhere
09-14-2013, 10:26 PM
Seems like the site is only people fishing for info.
Ive noticed a big decline in pix from the disrespect over the years that some people have had from posts..
Moose hunt in july this year had some good pix tho? Tho i cannot find em??? :-|

604redneck
09-14-2013, 10:28 PM
ya I know i wont be posting many pics or vids anymore on this site, including the book goat my hunting partner shot and i filmed :) or the 2 bears i shot the half dozen coyotes or the 3 bucks from last year....everyone is an expert in everything or has something negative to say! I will however post the pictures of this seasons guiding adventures when i get back mid october :)

ianwuzhere
09-14-2013, 10:32 PM
ahh we want to see the pix of the book goat!! :)

The other site has some good pix so far.

leadpillproductions
09-14-2013, 10:37 PM
That does suck when those certain people ruin it for others.

Gateholio
09-14-2013, 10:46 PM
If someone is ruining it, report them. Simple as that. ;)

Fortunately, many people on HBC don't give a rats ass about the little weenie armchair critics, and I'm sure we will again see lots of pics. The HBC big game contest will start seeing pics soon and there is a waterfowl contest too I believe. Both require pics;)

warnniklz
09-14-2013, 11:08 PM
I haven't killed anything yet. Tried spring bear hunting in 2 new areas this year, plus my go to. Seen what I believe to be the same bear I've been wanting for the last 3 spring seasons now. But didn't get to touch the trigger at him.

Been out just on weekend warrior trips for goats so far. But mostly preparing for next week.

Been looking for moose, bears and deer with a buddy this weekend in a new area. I'll post a picture of his grouse later for you.

But usually first real deer hunt is always thanksgiving and I don't get serious until November.

adriaticum
09-14-2013, 11:28 PM
Those guys who don't post pictures because someone's negative comments hurt their feelings should get a box of kleenex find a shoulder to cry on and grow a pair. If you don't know how to grow a pair check with Rackem, she can help you with that!

ianwuzhere
09-15-2013, 12:21 AM
Those guys who don't post pictures because someone's negative comments hurt their feelings should get a box of kleenex find a shoulder to cry on and grow a pair. If you don't know how to grow a pair check with Rackem, she can help you with that!

haha, maybe its time for u to post up a few threads with great pix adriaticum ;)

adriaticum
09-15-2013, 05:44 AM
haha, maybe its time for u to post up a few threads with great pix adriaticum ;)

Believe me when I have something to post I will.

.300WSMImpact!
09-15-2013, 06:59 AM
A lot of guys don't post because of the guy pile hunters, people that see others success and run out to there region or location, personally I don't post pictures because I have not killed anything in a while

Mikey Rafiki
09-15-2013, 07:14 AM
I was a little worried when I posted pics and story about my tiny spike bull in bow season but I did anyways because there wasn't a single archery elk posted yet and I'm still proud of my first archery kill. Everyone was extremely nice and congratulatory, so as long as the kind majority overwhelm (and report if necessary) the minority buttholes we can turn this thing around. Many of us are putting meat on the table and there is a lot more pride in that than any trophy.

dino
09-15-2013, 07:21 AM
I think that pics greatly improves the site and that it is very impressionable for the young beginner hunters. I also do agree that some of us do need thicker skin but when someone posts pics and receives negative comments from a member, fellow members should be communicating to the rouge member that this behaviour is unacceptable. I find myself even trying to expand some avatar pics that have some very impressive animals.

dino
09-15-2013, 07:35 AM
A lot of guys don't post because of the guy pile hunters, people that see others success and run out to there region or location, personally I don't post pictures because I have not killed anything in a while
When I posted my buck a member pm'd me about the location of where I shot the animal. I told him he was right and didn't care. I don't think that to many hunters are successful hunting an area because they saw a pic someone posted. To zero in on a pics background and discover the exact spot is hard to.

604redneck
09-15-2013, 08:00 AM
I'll put up the pics and vid of the goat when u shoot something and post it. I highly doubt that will happen anytime soon with the 10 posts a day you are averaging, you could always prove me wrong though!

thunderheart
09-15-2013, 08:13 AM
A couple of years ago we made new rules regarding the negative stuff that went along with some sheep threads. The biggest negative sheep hunter member was willy442 and he was banned because he wouldn't stop his arrogant behaviour when it came to rams that didn't measure up to his standards.

We take the approach that if something is legal- it's legal-and it's not up to the peanut gallery to decide that.

As HBC keeps evolving and growing, we try to respond to the issues that arise We still need help with people reporting posts that attack legal hunters though, everyone needs to do thier part. Don't let some cranky elitist hunters "win" Just report them and we will take action if required.

well said clarke ...well said ... thanks ...seems like the nego bots have started trying in this thread....
thanks for posting clarke.. i have been negative myself in the past ...its easy to get swept up in the bs ....

please people post em up .. it makes it great for the semi illiterate like me to enjoy the site.....lol

Ambush
09-15-2013, 08:31 AM
Definitely a trend toward less pics and stories. Too bad but understandable. Nothing like posting a pic of a buck and having idiotic comments like " some potential there if he had been left a few years". Especially from some wanker who would drop that same buck in a heartbeat. Or the infamous "swinging meat" comment when "score" is mentioned.

It's a "dink", you shot it over bait, you shot it from the road, you used a quad, you're an "elitist" bowhunter, your an en-ethical long range shooter, you don't wear out enough boot leather, pretty "iffy' point on that one, you can't read the regs and ask stupid questions, if you don't "still hunt" you're not really a hunter, and add your own to the list.

The gang mentality often decides a thread's flavour. If one of the HBC "heavyweights" comes down on one side of a post, then a whole gaggle fall all over themselves agreeing and affirming that they feel the same way, by escalating the bashing. But at least it keeps the "newbie lurkers" from polluting the site with their inadequacies.

Now I sometimes put pics in my gallery and sometimes not. I can easily e-mail them to anybody I know might be interested.

"Grow a set"??? Why, so someone can kick you in them?

dana
09-15-2013, 08:43 AM
I've found many of my friends only post up their pictures on Facebook now. They have the control to share them with only their family and friends instead of the whole world. A lot less negative comments and less gut pile chasers that way. I've seen this trend on more hunting sites than just this one. I think it is just how hunters are evolving to this social tech stuff.

TyTy
09-15-2013, 08:53 AM
i get enjoyment from many threads here and the pics do enhance them often.

i try to contribute to this site, posting up threads with stuff that i like to see, hope others will too. wish i had more to contribute, hopefully soon. thanks to everyone who does, year after year

nature girl
09-15-2013, 08:54 AM
Well I dont post pictures because trying to post pictures drives me crazy. I just cannot figure it out. And believe me I have tried.
So, if I get a critter or two this fall if I can email them to someone and they can post if for me then that would be awesome.
And I love to look at peoples pictures to.

s0ylentgreen
09-15-2013, 08:55 AM
im a fairly new hunter and really appreciate the assistance of veteran hunters when i ask them questions.

i have nothing but respect for those who help others in this great outdoors activity!

Cyrus
09-15-2013, 09:00 AM
....maybe because it is just oo HOT for hunting right now..although it looks like it might change finally. Getting covered in hornets and meat being ruined does is not appealing in 30 plus degree heat.

Big Lew
09-15-2013, 09:17 AM
I agree with most of what "Ambush" said. I never took pictures of any animals shot by me or my family over my 53 years of hunting except for one 4 point I shot with my bow and posted in answer to a similar thread about 3-4 years ago. It wasn't huge by any means, and the deer I've shot since then have been smaller and not 'photogenic':-D. Like "nature girl", I don't seem to be able to post pictures properly and have e-mailed them to other members with more computer skills than I.

dana
09-15-2013, 09:19 AM
....maybe because it is just oo HOT for hunting right now..although it looks like it might change finally. Getting covered in hornets and meat being ruined does is not appealing in 30 plus degree heat.

I can't even get motivated to hunt in this heat. I haven't even bought my deer tags yet. When you have 3 months to hunt deer, no sense beating your head against a brick wall when the conditions are poor.

j270wsm
09-15-2013, 09:55 AM
I generally don't take pics of the animals I shoot. I hunt for meat and for the thrill of the outdoors. Recently I had pics of my sons bear and elk posted and I have posted pics in the past and will post more when I get something worth posting.
I'm glad that the negative members are being weeded out, nothing worse than being burnt at the stake for sharing pics of a successful hunt

adriaticum
09-15-2013, 10:03 AM
I'll put up the pics and vid of the goat when u shoot something and post it. I highly doubt that will happen anytime soon with the 10 posts a day you are averaging, you could always prove me wrong though!

You don't have to worry about that, when I shoot something this year you will be the first to know. I have reported on my fishing with pictures before.
I am a weekend warrior so I don't have as much time as your retired hunter, but I'm trying.
In the mean time, if you've got something to show, show it.
If you don't know how to post pictures here, I canl help you with that.

Casagrande
09-15-2013, 10:17 AM
I can't even get motivated to hunt in this heat. I haven't even bought my deer tags yet. When you have 3 months to hunt deer, no sense beating your head against a brick wall when the conditions are poor.
No kidding. Went for a firewood scout and figured I'd bring the gun just in case something stepped out. Nothing like buying tags earlier in swim trunks and flip flops!

frenchbar
09-15-2013, 10:36 AM
^if you wear the camo flip flops your success rate goes up 50 %...don't forget the sun block ...its been 37 degrees here most of the week ...hunting ..I don't think so .

lilhoss
09-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Still busy right now out prawning, chasing the salmon and lings. Beautiful sunsets out on the water this time of year. When the weather changes, the rains and wind will chase me off the water and up into the hills. Same thing happened last year, never got out 'til 2nd week of Oct. and we still got our deer. I love having "too much" recreational activities to choose from. Well, better load up the boat and get out there, fresh prawns for supper, maybe a fresh lingcod,hey,I just thought of something, I think I will post some pics!...maybe..

doubled
09-15-2013, 10:44 AM
I haven't even gone out yet this year. Too frigging hot.

frenchbar
09-15-2013, 10:57 AM
I share my photos now with select members of the forum...

Darksith
09-15-2013, 11:52 AM
ya I know i wont be posting many pics or vids anymore on this site, including the book goat my hunting partner shot and i filmed :) or the 2 bears i shot the half dozen coyotes or the 3 bucks from last year....everyone is an expert in everything or has something negative to say! I will however post the pictures of this seasons guiding adventures when i get back mid october :)

why wouldn't you share? Its attitudes like this that will cause the site to shrink and go away. Post away, let us weed out the negative *******s. Share your experiences, its good for the hunting community of BC, not just the HBC community. The more stories, pictures and adventures that get posted, the more likely new hunters will emerge. The bigger the resident hunter organization is in BC, the better for all of us when it comes to new opportunities and protecting current opportunities.

ruger#1
09-15-2013, 12:24 PM
You know a couple years ago I had people on this site tell me they wouldn't even let there son shoot the spike that I had shot or I 'am not going to have any deer on the mountain because I'm successful every year. To those guys I say to bad. I have had guys that have asked me to take them up the mountain and I have and they have had a great time. The guys with the piss poor attitudes can stay home and wallow in their own tears.

markt308
09-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Listen fellas. If you have a story or pics or vids to share, SHARE THEM! Some have said "I don't need to brag about.." blah blah blah! The truth is we all love a good story with pics, or videos so if you got it, post it! I make my little videos every year not cause I need positive re-enforcement on what an incredible hunter I am, I do it because I enjoy others videos, stories etc so why not post for others who share this passion to enjoy. BUT BE SMART ABOUT HOW YOU POST. Don't post pics or vids with obvious landmarks! Don't tell your story about you boner (for you coach) buck in region 8-7 and then wonder why half the LML is driving around there come November! This site needs this content guys. I will always post my content. Post'em up!

coach
09-15-2013, 02:54 PM
Great post, Markt308. I try to post pictures that are hunting related on a weekly basis. I've been doing that for two years now. My pics are taken in a manner so as not to show off the areas - simply the animals that I see. To date, I've experienced nothing negative regarding my posts from anyone on HBC. On the positive, I've met some really good people through this site and have a few new knowledgeable and dedicated hunting partners.

I think Dino's timing of this thread is perfect. A cooling trend is about to hit the interior and some great animals are about to hit the ground soon. Hopefully people won't be shy about sharing. Big or small - we want to see them all.

kgs
09-15-2013, 03:16 PM
I would love to post pics however when I try It never works so I have given up if anyone can explain it more clearly to me I would appreciate it. I try to attach a pic and it does not work????

adriaticum
09-15-2013, 03:37 PM
Listen fellas. If you have a story or pics or vids to share, SHARE THEM! Some have said "I don't need to brag about.." blah blah blah! The truth is we all love a good story with pics, or videos so if you got it, post it! I make my little videos every year not cause I need positive re-enforcement on what an incredible hunter I am, I do it because I enjoy others videos, stories etc so why not post for others who share this passion to enjoy. BUT BE SMART ABOUT HOW YOU POST. Don't post pics or vids with obvious landmarks! Don't tell your story about you boner (for you coach) buck in region 8-7 and then wonder why half the LML is driving around there come November! This site needs this content guys. I will always post my content. Post'em up!

That's right. People don't post to brag, they post to stimulate!

adriaticum
09-15-2013, 03:39 PM
I would love to post pics however when I try It never works so I have given up if anyone can explain it more clearly to me I would appreciate it. I try to attach a pic and it does not work????

Ok here is an instructional post that will help you.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?98087-Posting-pics&highlight=posting+pictures

HarryToolips
09-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Problem is bud many people including myself aren't technically advanced and we can't load em up!! And for anyone who doesn't want to reveal their area, I say there are many places that look similar in the bush, but I've learned over the years that they usually ain't the place your thinkin you know!! Just like when your hikin through the bush and you think that rock or tree or stump looks really familiar, well alot of times it ain't the same one..

coach
09-15-2013, 05:37 PM
Problem is bud many people including myself aren't technically advanced and we can't load em up!! And for anyone who doesn't want to reveal their area, I say there are many places that look similar in the bush, but I've learned over the years that they usually ain't the place your thinkin you know!! Just like when your hikin through the bush and you think that rock or tree or stump looks really familiar, well alot of times it ain't the same one..

To upload photos to HBC

1 - go to www.Photobucket.com and open a free account
2 - upload your pics to an album you create on photobucket
3 - click in the pic you want to share on HBC
4 - copy the IMG code (4th of 4 choices on right hand side photobucket page)
5 - paste the IMG code into your thread on HBC
6 - thank to Coach for making this all so simple.

frenchbar
09-15-2013, 05:48 PM
To upload photos to HBC

1 - go to www.Photobucket.com (http://www.Photobucket.com) and open a free account
2 - upload your pics to an album you create on photobucket
3 - click in the pic you want to share on HBC
4 - copy the IMG code (4th of 4 choices on right hand side photobucket page)
5 - paste the IMG code into your thread on HBC
6 - thank to Coach for making this all so simple.
3 cheers for the coach :) it realy is simple once you've done it ...it only took me a yr to figure it out ..haha

coach
09-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Ha ha. I remember my own frustration when I first joined this site too, Frenchie. It took me a long time to figure it out.

warnniklz
09-15-2013, 07:04 PM
This morning
https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1233970_10153240978660387_794119914_n.jpg

first blood of the day
https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1234387_10153240979985387_501381422_n.jpg

final talley for the day (didn't see a bear, deer, moose, elk or anything in this sauna)
https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/66994_10153240980790387_1651561324_n.jpg

I'll post more later

Husky7mm
09-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Hot or not I believe opening day is one of the most important days of the season. The game doesn't move to the different planet.... Anyways I think there are many factors, a big one being many areas are on a down swing in game numbers. Another few are time and money, many are short on both. I don't know a single person personally that had its easy in the last few years financially.

adriaticum
09-15-2013, 07:21 PM
Cool, those look like smoked breasts!

knightcc
09-15-2013, 07:21 PM
Thanks Gatehouse,

I agree a few bad apples have guys reluctant to post and that's too bad. Keep banning the clowns, this site a great spot for folks to share their successes and their stories and photos of great trips that didn't result in an animal as well.

moethedog
09-15-2013, 07:24 PM
I was wondering if anyone has been successful in the shulaps area for 3/4 curl sheep in the last while.

dino
09-15-2013, 07:27 PM
This morning
https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1233970_10153240978660387_794119914_n.jpg

first blood of the day
https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1234387_10153240979985387_501381422_n.jpg

final talley for the day (didn't see a bear, deer, moose, elk or anything in this sauna)
https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/66994_10153240980790387_1651561324_n.jpg

I'll post more later

the old step on the wings and pull the legs trick?

40incher
09-15-2013, 07:44 PM
A word of wisdom ... don't post pics of a "legally" harvested animal that fell 1000 feet because you did not wait for the appropriate shot ... or videos as such ... the anti's just love it. Take the time to record your kill in logical way ... the guides have learned to do it ... maybe us others could do the same. To ban a comment, when the comment is due, is nothing worse than what happens in the left-wing countries we despise. JMHO ...

rem338win
09-15-2013, 08:15 PM
It may have something to do with the critical attitude of many, and the boasting of others. I for one share little because of this and don't want to be a part of the s**t storm that many picture threads become.

yamadirt 426
09-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Ive got every hunt posted so far with pics but they are all in the dog section under my thread there. Well since all of my hunts involve him anyhow. Spring bear, archery dink buck , 4 grouse so far this year. I gear all the write up to what he was doing during the hunt and how his retrieves were. Its nice and quiet in the dog section, no crappy comments. Dog people are good people :-D

nano
09-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Believe me if I ever do shoot a deer there will be pics and a story! I have only been saying this for 4 years now:-D
Also I do more waterfowl hunting so the majority of my pics are in the waterfowl section.

warnniklz
09-15-2013, 09:39 PM
Cool, those look like smoked breasts!

They're being composted at the moment... along with a cold beer,

the old step on the wings and pull the legs trick?

actually no... I tend just to rip off legs while doing that...

I usually break the skin just above the whish bone and then peel the keel away from the breast and they come out like that.

albravo2
09-15-2013, 10:03 PM
I have no secret spots to hide. Just no great pics of a successful hunt. Doing everything I can to change that this season. Watch this space.

warnniklz
09-15-2013, 10:36 PM
I guess welders can shoot .410s...

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/995483_10153241523835387_1661439402_n.jpg

Kudu
09-16-2013, 07:13 AM
Definitely a trend toward less pics and stories. Too bad but understandable. Nothing like posting a pic of a buck and having idiotic comments like " some potential there if he had been left a few years". Especially from some wanker who would drop that same buck in a heartbeat. Or the infamous "swinging meat" comment when "score" is mentioned.

It's a "dink", you shot it over bait, you shot it from the road, you used a quad, you're an "elitist" bowhunter, your an en-ethical long range shooter, you don't wear out enough boot leather, pretty "iffy' point on that one, you can't read the regs and ask stupid questions, if you don't "still hunt" you're not really a hunter, and add your own to the list.

The gang mentality often decides a thread's flavour. If one of the HBC "heavyweights" comes down on one side of a post, then a whole gaggle fall all over themselves agreeing and affirming that they feel the same way, by escalating the bashing. But at least it keeps the "newbie lurkers" from polluting the site with their inadequacies.

Now I sometimes put pics in my gallery and sometimes not. I can easily e-mail them to anybody I know might be interested.

What he said!

hare_assassin
09-16-2013, 07:40 AM

This, coming from a guy who got all emotional when I posted pics of a hare massacre. ;)

ruger#1
09-16-2013, 10:49 AM
What he said!
You must meen stupid coments like this. http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?41842-ruger-1-nov-7-2009-blacktail/page4&highlight=Ruger%231+blacktail

adriaticum
09-16-2013, 11:23 AM
This, coming from a guy who got all emotional when I posted pics of a hare massacre. ;)

Me, what, where, when...

Glenny
09-16-2013, 11:29 AM

Just gotta chose your words very...very carefully. But ya, haven't seen too many "Muely Down" threads yet. Its been hotter than hades out there but I was in region 3 Spoolmak area. Saw about 10 or so spikes n forks. Had a crack at a 4 pernt but blew it. So they're oot there.

hare_assassin
09-16-2013, 11:43 AM
Me, what, where, when...

Sorry, I am mistaken. For some reason, in the back of my mind, I had attributed this post to you http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?94665-The-challenge-of-becoming-an-HBC-member&p=1323727#post1323727

I should double-check these things before saying anything. No offense intended.

Gateholio
09-16-2013, 11:53 AM
Pretty funny, eh? :)

Mishka
09-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Good catch on that one, ruger#1. Pretty funny actually.

ruger#1
09-16-2013, 05:17 PM
Good catch on that one, ruger#1. Pretty funny actually.
Yes it is.

OutWest
09-16-2013, 05:45 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1275995_10151867094614847_1678871861_o.jpg

adriaticum
09-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Nice rack!

dino
09-16-2013, 06:04 PM
Right on Nick, hope you post more this year.

OutWest
09-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Thanks, Dino. Hopefully there will be more to come. Back on the elk this weekend and done work on the 28th of this month so I have no excuses.

BlacktailStalker
09-16-2013, 07:02 PM
I put up a few pics of opening day, first time in a loooong time. Can't post scouting pics anymore not even of the 'pet deer' cuz guys killed them last year in my neighborhood :roll:
5 pm's this time asking where the alpine was, one pm telling me "Oh thats such and such lake do you mind telling me how you make out up there?" which it wasn't, to which I replied no this is north Island and those areas you speak of are south Island but how do you like those areas?
Of course no reply. *****.
I don't like waiting for photobucket anymore and then having to go back and forth, not as much patience these days.

Jelvis
09-16-2013, 07:25 PM
One fella in Kamloops won't post sqwat, he says he's a lurker picking up stuff on this site. He is a good hunter and just won't ever post any pictures or stories.
He told me people on here are just looking for free information period.
Jel .. What do think of that?
Summary: don't post sqwat if your like him. Don't show the back ground it will be recognized by someone if your scared to say where you were when you killed it.

dino
09-16-2013, 07:35 PM
One fella in Kamloops won't post sqwat, he says he's a lurker picking up stuff on this site. He is a good hunter and just won't ever post any pictures or stories.
He told me people on here are just looking for free information period.
Jel .. What do think of that?
Summary: don't post sqwat if your like him. Don't show the back ground it will be recognized by someone if your scared to say where you were when you killed it.

everyone knows where I hunt so hiding the background is a waste of time.I just don't care.

Jelvis
09-16-2013, 07:48 PM
Yah we know two places you hunt but this guy says he will never put a story on or a photo because most are lurkers on here and getting valuable information on places and game.
He get's others to pm people for him so he won't give up his handle and gets even more information.
I had some do that and just found out they were a team of four pming.
Then they turned on me and were laughing about it and talking openly on the forum.
But that's people and we all have insecurities and some try to bring udders down
Jel .. Bunch of smart cookies tho lol, a couple of them got animals already and never seen one b4 haha. Go figure, the young guns foolin the old timer.

dino
09-16-2013, 07:55 PM
Yah we know two places you hunt but this guy says he will never put a story on or a photo because most are lurkers on here and getting valuable information on places and game.
He get's others to pm people for him so he won't give up his handle and gets even more information.
I had some do that and just found out they were a team of four pming.
Then they turned on me and were laughing about it and talking openly on the forum.
But that's people and we all have insecurities and some try to bring udders down
Jel .. Bunch of smart cookies tho lol, a couple of them got animals already and never seen one b4 haha. Go figure, the young guns foolin the old timer.

Well, you've helped me get a couple. I think its great helping people shoot an animal, someone on the site here even thanked me on the open forum.

Jelvis
09-16-2013, 07:59 PM
dino that's what it's all about, helping others to be in an area where they will see game and get a chance to shoot.

albravo2
09-16-2013, 08:10 PM
I'm pretty new to the site and fairly new to hunting but I've said this before and I'll say it again.

Information is like wealth. Some folks think if they share it they will run out so they hoard it. Others share it and it comes back to them several times over.

I've been the grateful recipient of advice on this site or from its members (including Jelvis), even occasionally about good places to hunt, and it has renewed my enthusiasm for sharing information with others. I had a very pleasant exchange with a member last week about places to fish in Squamish and received an offer for some waterfowl hunting mentoring in return.

I wish I had more knowledge to share but that will come in time.

Big Lew
09-16-2013, 08:26 PM
I'm pretty new to the site and fairly new to hunting but I've said this before and I'll say it again.

Information is like wealth. Some folks think if they share it they will run out so they hoard it. Others share it and it comes back to them several times over.

I've been the grateful recipient of advice on this site or from its members (including Jelvis), even occasionally about good places to hunt, and it has renewed my enthusiasm for sharing information with others. I had a very pleasant exchange with a member last week about places to fish in Squamish and received an offer for some waterfowl hunting mentoring in return.

I wish I had more knowledge to share but that will come in time.

It's refreshing to read of newbies with such a healthy attitude...good stuff! With such an open mind, I'm sure you'll gain more knowledge quickly.

GoatGuy
09-17-2013, 11:05 PM
Honest answer is a couple of the 'me first' and 'me only' folks.

A couple people that see a picture of a critter and think that if they can get the regulations changed they will shoot big critters. Couple of the more infamous on here that are always complaining about not enough trophy quality animals when they couldn't find a diaper in a maternity ward. Short sheep shooters, guys who want to influence the regulations to the detriment of all the hunters in BC so that they can finally shoot a 'book buck'. Guys who get draws/go on LEH hunts and can't find a sheep so they call the government and complain........... real classy

That really is 'it'. A few culls who are worried about their trophy rooms and 'bragging rights' that want to restrict everyone else's opportunity exclusively for their own personal gain.

IMO those are the people who hunt for all the wrong reasons and they are the ones who ruin it for everyone else. Zero time for that program.

On the flip side no issue with sharing spots, tips, thoughts, what have you if it's a good guy, just not into sharing 'dead side' pics and stories to hear the whining from the culls.

BlacktailStalker
09-17-2013, 11:31 PM
Good post as always GG.

Fella
09-17-2013, 11:31 PM
I haven't posted pics because I haven't had any animals down yet and I don't know if people would be too interested in reading about how I tromped all over gods green earth and didn't shoot anything lol

bighornbob
09-18-2013, 08:16 AM
Posting pics is against my personal advertising policy. BHB

dino
09-18-2013, 08:30 AM
GG If I shot a trophy I would certainly post it. I would love to share my happiness with everyone else and IM certain that others would be happy for me. Like I said earlier, lots of people know where I hunt but I never see anyone where I do hunt. I would think that the GO's would have your way of thinking but Im not to sure about your regular Joe.

GoatGuy
09-18-2013, 08:57 AM
GG If I shot a trophy I would certainly post it. I would love to share my happiness with everyone else and IM certain that others would be happy for me. Like I said earlier, lots of people know where I hunt but I never see anyone where I do hunt. I would think that the GO's would have your way of thinking but Im not to sure about your regular Joe.

Not worried about hunting locations. Unfortunately pictures seem to deflate a few of the members egos and then they call government or their 'organization' and try to have the regulations changed so they can shoot 'big ones'. I think it's also fueled a few of the sheep poachers to make poor decisions because the need to pump up the ego is so big that they're willing to end up in court. That's all.

Great that you would post it and I hope it happens for you. You won't understand how it works until you meet these people and understand what their motivations for hunting are and how they try to impact all the rest of us and our opportunities.

They aren't like the rest of us.

09-18-2013, 09:15 AM
I really enjoy reading the hunt reports of others. That's really the reason I spend time on this site. When I have a successful hunt, I nearly always post a report, as I know how fun it is to read about the success of others. Some of the wordsmiths on this forum have practically transported me along with them on their hunts.

I also have learned a lot about hunting strategies on this forum, epecially for sheep.

I do understand, however, the reluctance people have to post reports and pics. I once shared an elk hunting report, with pictures, and got thoroughly chastised by another member vis a PM, who thought my posting would result in a flood of hunters into the Kootenay. He even went so far as to elude that he would fight me if we ever met. LOL

Also, apparently after posting about my successful sheep hunts, several people called my taxidermist to see if he knew where I went.

Anyway, I will keep posting, and I hope others do as well, as without hunt reports this forum is pretty boring.

Gateholio
09-18-2013, 09:28 AM
My favorite threads show hunting trip pics start to finish. If they get an animal all the better. But not mandatory.

adriaticum
09-18-2013, 10:04 AM

Wow,
ok let's all join the Pink Shirt Day / 'Girls against bullying'

ruger#1
09-18-2013, 12:06 PM
Wow,
My god women, Calm down.

dana
09-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Not worried about hunting locations. Unfortunately pictures seem to deflate a few of the members egos and then they call government or their 'organization' and try to have the regulations changed so they can shoot 'big ones'. I think it's also fueled a few of the sheep poachers to make poor decisions because the need to pump up the ego is so big that they're willing to end up in court. That's all.

Great that you would post it and I hope it happens for you. You won't understand how it works until you meet these people and understand what their motivations for hunting are and how they try to impact all the rest of us and our opportunities.

They aren't like the rest of us.

I have certainly seen this mentality on this board. Root cause is Jealousy. Instead of letting the success of others fuel their own dreams, they get full of hate and bitterness. It really is the complete opposite to the meaning of Sportsmanship ain't it?

Above the Treeline
09-18-2013, 04:31 PM
I would love to post some pictures but...I have only seen one doe whitetail and one black bear thus far. I will be heading out for goat again next week and hopefully I will have some photos/story to share with everyone.

Good luck guys! Hope everyone knocks something over soon!

Ambush
09-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Wow,

Thanks, I had forgotten to put useless, smart ass replies that add nothing to the thread, in my list.

David Heitsman
09-23-2013, 10:13 AM
I'd post pictures but it's way too complicated on this site. Make the site easy like Facebook and I'll post dozens of dead stuff pics.

Darksith
09-23-2013, 11:23 AM
I'd post pictures but it's way too complicated on this site. Make the site easy like Facebook and I'll post dozens of dead stuff pics.

it really isn't that complicated...but it definitely could be easier....if its facebook you desire, you can still share. Click on the pic on facebook, then right click it and copy image location, then post location here, and we can click to see it...then someone else will blow it up for you or just put around the link
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1239681_10152197319189409_573779087_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1239681_10152197319189409_573779087_n.jpg (https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1044717_10201300396854873_897971723_n.jpg)

straight off facebook^^^

Stone Sheep Steve
09-23-2013, 12:33 PM
Honest answer is a couple of the 'me first' and 'me only' folks.

A couple people that see a picture of a critter and think that if they can get the regulations changed they will shoot big critters. Couple of the more infamous on here that are always complaining about not enough trophy quality animals when they couldn't find a diaper in a maternity ward. Short sheep shooters, guys who want to influence the regulations to the detriment of all the hunters in BC so that they can finally shoot a 'book buck'. Guys who get draws/go on LEH hunts and can't find a sheep so they call the government and complain........... real classy

That really is 'it'. A few culls who are worried about their trophy rooms and 'bragging rights' that want to restrict everyone else's opportunity exclusively for their own personal gain.

IMO those are the people who hunt for all the wrong reasons and they are the ones who ruin it for everyone else. Zero time for that program.

On the flip side no issue with sharing spots, tips, thoughts, what have you if it's a good guy, just not into sharing 'dead side' pics and stories to hear the whining from the culls.

Anything sounding familiar here???

Sofa King
09-23-2013, 12:43 PM
My favorite threads show hunting trip pics start to finish. If they get an animal all the better. But not mandatory.

yup.
it makes a post that much better to see what they experienced, whether they were successful or not.
pics help us step into the story as we read it.
hell I prefer seeing all the pics of the "live" animals that people saw on their treks more than the dead one at their feet.
I wish more people would snap a pic of their kill before they laid it down.
its cool to see what they saw as it unfolded.

09-23-2013, 01:02 PM
uploading pictures is easy....

Save the picture from Camera to your Desktop.
Clic on the Gallery.
look for "Upload" button
search your "desk top" for the picture using the "Browse" button
and upload.

the picture will then be loaded into your gallery, from there you can copy paste it into your thread.
I found it easier to upload all the pics you are going to use in your thread first. Then open a new HBC page so you have 2 open, one is your gallery and the other the thread you are posting in or starting... Then you can just copy paste the pictures over as you type.

it really is easy.

Gateholio
09-23-2013, 01:28 PM

If you have your pics on Facebook it's basically a cut and paste to hbc

09-23-2013, 02:32 PM
it really isn't that complicated...but it definitely could be easier....if its facebook you desire, you can still share. Click on the pic on facebook, then right click it and copy image location, then post location here, and we can click to see it...then someone else will blow it up for you or just put around the link
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1239681_10152197319189409_573779087_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1239681_10152197319189409_573779087_n.jpg (https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1044717_10201300396854873_897971723_n.jpg)

straight off facebook^^^

WOW! What a great buck!

coach
09-23-2013, 02:34 PM
WOW! What a great buck!

Looks like it had good potential. Too bad it couldn't live a couple more years. I can't believe the guy posted that picture with the barrel of his rifle pointed right at himself. :-D

Darksith
09-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Looks like it had good potential. Too bad it couldn't live a couple more years. I can't believe the guy posted that picture with the barrel of his rifle pointed right at himself. :-D

oh wow lol ;)

358mag
09-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Anything sounding familiar here???

Yup when was the last time GG posted any pictures ........LOL.......

big game chaser
09-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Simple there not many animals left! I am a pretty die hard hunter and haven't been skunked to often but the past 2 years as far as moose and elk are terrible and not to mention some of the old honey holes are like going to Granville st Vancouver ! I think our game management in bc is ******ed having cow seasons period ! Just my opinion!

Darksith
09-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Simple there not many animals left! I am a pretty die hard hunter and haven't been skunked to often but the past 2 years as far as moose and elk are terrible and not to mention some of the old honey holes are like going to Granville st Vancouver ! I think our game management in bc is ******ed having cow seasons period ! Just my opinion!

I don't buy that at all...Ive managed to have a full freezer year after year. Yeah moose numbers are down in some areas, but that don't mean you can't head out and still fill the freezer. Might just have to try somewhere new, or somewhere a little further away from PG

srupp
09-23-2013, 03:59 PM
sheesh there are plenty of big game animals out there..and some truly magnificent record book animals harvested last couple of years...many guys just don't want to post here... a couple whoppers one could have been almost at top of B&C all time book..however it should give new hunters HOPE that it is possible to harvest some tremendous big game animals....they do walk among us....
Buck numbers in the Cariboo are higher than in past decade.....lots of bucks..should give hope to all hunters...
cheers
Steven:mrgreen:

Kudu
09-23-2013, 04:00 PM
You know a couple years ago I had people on this site tell me they wouldn't even let there son shoot the spike that I had shot

Dude - I'm so - so sorry - if I had only known how this would effect you for the rest of your life.....

http://youtu.be/ee925OTFBCA

srupp
09-23-2013, 04:01 PM
OMG Kudu..where do you FIND this stuff ??LMAO....

ruger#1
09-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Dude - I'm so - so sorry - if I had only known how this would effect you for the rest of your life.....

http://youtu.be/ee925OTFBCA
This is what he wrote. http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?41842-ruger-1-nov-7-2009-blacktail/page4&highlight=Ruger%231+blacktail
And this is what we have been shooting off the mountain. No tears here.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Takla_2012_036.jpg
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Takla1_ruger_1_0052.jpg
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Takla1_ruger_1_005.jpg
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Big_rubs_008.jpg

OutWest
09-23-2013, 04:48 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1262569_10151884218789847_1028392537_o.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1264817_10151884218794847_1808671425_o.jpg

Rattler
09-23-2013, 06:03 PM
Wow nice bull. Great 5ths on him. Congrats!

markt308
09-23-2013, 06:12 PM
that is a very handsome bull nick! side note: second pic looks like dude has a bee hive for a dome! haha. thanks for sharing

Gateholio
09-23-2013, 06:14 PM
Ruger #1

stupid comments like that which was made about your spike would now just need a reported post and it would get deleted and an infraction handed out. That's why we made the new rules a few years ago

dino
09-23-2013, 06:27 PM
Great bull Nick! Don't forget your roots and shoot a nice Muley.

markt308
09-23-2013, 06:31 PM
By the way Dino, great thread! I'm glad is getting addressed and so many guys are hashing out this issue. I think because of this thread more guys will post their pics and stories

swampdonkey
09-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Swampdonkey jr had the same complaint last year about gun pointed at himself . I had someone complain about the way my moose was loaded into the vehicle. Someone always finds something

adriaticum
09-23-2013, 07:01 PM
http://texascrawfishfestival.com/uploads/blog/135/screen_shot_2013-04-10_at_11.17.46_am__large.png

coach
09-23-2013, 07:33 PM
Swampdonkey jr had the same complaint last year about gun pointed at himself . I had someone complain about the way my moose was loaded into the vehicle. Someone always finds something

It does happen but usually people get shut down pretty quick. Gatehouse already said we can report posts like that.

09-23-2013, 07:38 PM
Just to put a photo up here is a gong show ......... could and should be a lot easier. And really, who wants to be on facebook ..... no thanks.

CT

Whonnock Boy
09-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Seems to me that there are more than a few threads being started with pictures lately. Maybe it was just a slow start to the season. It's just those upiddy sheep hunters that did not post a whole lot this year earlier. :mrgreen:

Gateholio
09-23-2013, 08:03 PM
It does happen but usually people get shut down pretty quick. Gatehouse already said we can report posts like that.

Absolutely report them. Mods dont' know who is friends with who and if a buddy is taking the piss out of his friend or if it's some jerk belittling someone for shooting a spike or whatever.

Keep in mind when you Report to just state your reasons why it should be looked at. Some people start making demands and using lots of !!!!! and giving the mods orders. Probably not going to get a favorable response. :)

Just the facts, please. ;)

big game chaser
09-23-2013, 08:59 PM
I don't buy that at all...Ive managed to have a full freezer year after year. Yeah moose numbers are down in some areas, but that don't mean you can't head out and still fill the freezer. Might just have to try somewhere new, or somewhere a little further away from PGactually I hardly even spend time around here I usually do fly in hunts once per year and I try and hunt some of the most remote parts of bc I am not dreaming hear most people I talk to agree! I esed to have my pick on half a dozen bulls now its hard to find one ! My freezer usually gets filled to but not without working my Ass off for it! I'm just saying there isn't near the game of a few years ago !

adriaticum
09-23-2013, 09:21 PM

Personally, I don't like other people resolving my conflicts and pet peeves.

Sofa King
09-23-2013, 09:37 PM

yeah I don't get it.

why don't they go on a greenpeace site to do their bitching?
instead they rip into fellow hunters on here.

who cares if a guy road-hunts or hikes into the remotest areas and then up to the mountain-tops with a 60 lb. pack?
who cares if a guy prefers the bow or the rifle?
who cares if it's a dink 2-pt or a B&C 15 pt'er?
who cares if you use zeiss optics or k-mart specials?
we all are brothers through our hunting passion.
be it waterfowl, prairie WT, alpine mulie, swampy moose, high-mountain goat, or bunnies and grouse.
we should be united through our hunting and support each other more.

lip_ripper00
09-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Ok everybody,GROUP HUG!!!!! Can't we all just try and get along:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

adriaticum
09-23-2013, 10:10 PM
Ok everybody,GROUP HUG!!!!! Can't we all just try and get along:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

It's nice to know that a man can find a shoulder to cry on around here :mrgreen:

coach
09-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Personally, I don't like other people resolving my conflicts and pet peeves.

When's the last time you started a hunting related thread?

adriaticum
09-23-2013, 10:22 PM
When's the last time you started a hunting related thread?
It's been a while.
Hopefully there will be something in a few weeks.
I can't hunt everyday like some people, but believe me I'm thinking about it everyday

coach
09-23-2013, 10:25 PM
It's been a while.
Hopefully there will be something in a few weeks. Fingers crossed.

Looking forward to it. Good luck out there.

Sofa King
09-23-2013, 10:26 PM

that's the silly part.
we shouldn't have to "try".
we're all hunters or aspiring hunters, we all have so much in common.
some are highly experienced, some are inexperienced, some are superior in their own minds.
but every single one of us remembers that first day we stepped out into the wilderness with our virgin hunting license.

dino
09-24-2013, 08:25 AM
By the way Dino, great thread! I'm glad is getting addressed and so many guys are hashing out this issue. I think because of this thread more guys will post their pics and stories

I hope so, I also hope we stay on track.

mijinkal
09-24-2013, 08:39 AM

This thread motivated me to post my success pictures from earlier in Sept.
I enjoy looking at everybody's photos and reading their stories. That's what makes this site so great.

coach
09-24-2013, 09:53 AM

x2. Well done, Dino.

Darksith
09-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Just to put a photo up here is a gong show ......... could and should be a lot easier. And really, who wants to be on facebook ..... no thanks.

CT
Im so sick of hearing how difficult it is to post a picture on here...how about simply emailing me the pictures and I will post them for you. There are so many people on here that are willing to do this, its just not a valid excuse. You do a write up and say, "someone wanna post some pics for me?" at the end of it...someone will say sure, and PM you their email. How much easier does it get than someone else doing it for you?

adriaticum
09-24-2013, 11:31 AM
Im so sick of hearing how difficult it is to post a picture on here...how about simply emailing me the pictures and I will post them for you. There are so many people on here that are willing to do this, its just not a valid excuse. You do a write up and say, "someone wanna post some pics for me?" at the end of it...someone will say sure, and PM you their email. How much easier does it get than someone else doing it for you?

https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/547795_520280978059781_645017979_n.jpg