PDA

View Full Version : Big Agnes Sleeping Bags/pads???

moosinaround
09-13-2013, 09:05 PM
So who here uses the Big Agnes Sleeping bag/pad system? How do you like it, how is it for warmth? Considering it as my next sleeping bag. Thanks, Moosin

allan
09-13-2013, 10:53 PM
I have a hogan park bag rated for -17 c with an xlarge neo air all season pad. I've used it only once so far this year and it was about 2 deg when I woke up in the morning.
Slept AWSOME in it. I was a tad warm and had to unzip my bag at my feet upto my thighs BC it was too warm.
I move alot in my sleep so it's nice not to have the bag bunch and move but stay straight.

Bigbruin
09-13-2013, 11:00 PM
I have a lost ranger and I love it no more rollin off my pad. They are made for bigger people to.

Blockcaver
09-14-2013, 01:20 AM
My Big Agnes pad did not hold up very well and I take good care of my gear. Third trip it developed leaks and I had to replace it. I like the Exped Synmat 7 better and have gotten a lot more use out of it already than the BA. Your experience may be different.

moosinaround
09-14-2013, 12:56 PM
My Big Agnes pad did not hold up very well and I take good care of my gear. Third trip it developed leaks and I had to replace it. I like the Exped Synmat 7 better and have gotten a lot more use out of it already than the BA. Your experience may be different.
so the bag is good but the pad sucks? Will look at other mats then. Thanks moosin

Buck
09-14-2013, 02:10 PM
so the bag is good but the pad sucks? Will look at other mats then. Thanks moosin

My big agness pad has been no problem.I also have the Synmat UL 7 .The Big agness is a bit heavier but has never leaked.

Blockcaver
09-14-2013, 06:01 PM
I don't use the BA bag, mine is a Mountain Hardware Ultralamina (sorry for the confusion) and the Exped Synmat 7 pad is used separate from the bag. I manage to stay on the Exped better (rectangular) than the BA (very tapered to the foot in the model I had to save weight). Sleeping on a slope certainly makes for a challenging time to stay on the pad so I can see where the integral pad/bag might help! Good luck.

outdoorsk
09-14-2013, 06:34 PM
So who here uses the Big Agnes Sleeping bag/pad system? How do you like it, how is it for warmth? Considering it as my next sleeping bag. Thanks, Moosin

My Big Agnes and pad have stood up with no problems. Have used it quite a few times over the past 3 years. I put that reflective hot water tank wrap down first then my bag and mat. Have been nice and warm in cold weather.

SHACK
09-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Been using a Ba pad and bag for about 6 years now with no problems what so ever. The only point I can bring up is if your a "fetal" sleeper. The bag is held straight by the pad, so ya cant scrunch up into that possition.

digger dogger
09-16-2013, 10:01 PM
If your looking for an very comfy mat, I have and exped 9..
I sleep on my side mostly, after a week or so I'm aching bad when sleeping on a mat, the Exped makes sleeping quite a bit better..

mod7rem
09-20-2013, 10:18 AM
Ive been using a BA insulated air core since 2009 and it has held up great. My brother got an exped downmat 7 around the same time and his developed almost 100 little holes with pin feathers coming out about the 3rd year. Exped replaced it with the newest version that has the integrated pump for free. Even though my BA mat has been excellent, I think I would go with the down mat 7 because of how fast and easy it blows up with the pump with no headrushes;) No experience with big agnes bags.

Timberjack
09-20-2013, 12:54 PM
I had a BA pad when they first came out, and it didn't stand up well. Developed leaks after a couple of uses, so I returned it. Now use a neoair and also have a lightweight exped mat for a backup. Happy with both, but more impressed with the exped products.

TJ

JeffR
09-20-2013, 06:04 PM
I have an exped as well, and love it. It is the most comfortable mat I have ever used.