PDA

View Full Version : D day

kennyg826
09-13-2013, 07:51 PM
We are packed, and ready to go. 5:30 tomorrow morning, a whole new set of memories will begin as we head out to this beautiful place we call our home away from home. We will be picking up our mobile cooler at my uncles in 70 mile, then head for Lac La Hache to meet up with my other uncle and family friend who will accompany us (dad and I). We will undoubtedly pop a few cold ones during the afternoon, enjoy a good dinner and some laughs for sure. Early Sunday morning we will make that final 12 hour push, landing in an area the family has hunted for a number of years, off and on. I can remember as a boy, having to stay at grandmas place as, what seemed like the entire family, set off on the annual moose hunt. 4 or 5 trucks usually. I'd wait so impatiently for their return, waiting to see if that first truck had any "horns" as we called them, on it. Now once again, I live that dream, only now I will be on the other end, impatiently missing my wife and 4 kids. I love them to bits, and am ever so thankful for the understanding that allows me to fulfill this passion. On Monday, September 16th the boots will hit the ground, and prey will be sought. The battle if senses and wits will have begun. Who will have the better game plan ( no pun intended)? We shall see. See you in a couple weeks 👍

adriaticum
09-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Good luck!

bigredchev
09-13-2013, 07:57 PM
good luck, enjoy the scenery. take lots of pics

nano
09-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Best of luck, and stay safe out there!

4 point
09-13-2013, 08:32 PM
Enjoy we're lucky we can do it.

paulgug
09-13-2013, 10:34 PM
I'd wait so impatiently for their return, waiting to see if that first truck had any "horns" as we called them, on it. 

I can sure relate to this. Brings back some memories for sure...
Good luck out there.

mike_69
09-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Good luck..

kennyg826
09-14-2013, 10:24 AM
Thanks. We just rolled into my first uncles place to pick up the cooler. So far we've seen a few sheep at Spencer's bridge and a buck n doe up closer to 70 mile. Suns shinin, lakes are like glass! Cheers.