PDA

View Full Version : New quiz

whiteraven
09-13-2013, 09:39 AM
NO QUADS ANY MORE . you can only hunt on foot from your campsite the old way . or canoe . most hunters would starve . become vegans or wouldnt go toooo hard and wouldnt go. NOW WOULDNT THAT BE SPORTSMAN SHIP NO MORE 50 MILE QUAD RIDES WITH 4 QUADS OUT . NO LEANING ON QUAD OR TRUCK TO SHOOT ILLEGAL NOW OPPS SECRET THIS IS DEDICATED TO ALL THE GREAT HUNTERS WHO WOULD BE SUCCESFUL THEN AND WHERE DO YOU FALL IN ?

Rackem
09-13-2013, 09:40 AM
You sound a bit like Jelly...I don't have a quad, never used a quad hunting, so would make no difference to me...

Although once the animal is down, it would be an awfully handy tool in getting it out...

PointMan
09-13-2013, 09:45 AM
you sound a bit like jelly...i don't have a quad, never used a quad hunting, so would make no difference to me...

Although once the animal is down, it would be an awfully handy tool in getting it out...
^^^^^^^^ x2

rcar
09-13-2013, 09:47 AM
What's with all the CAPS?

RINO
09-13-2013, 09:48 AM
NO QUADS ANY MORE . you can only hunt on foot from your campsite the old way . or canoe . most hunters would starve . become vegans or wouldnt go toooo hard and wouldnt go. NOW WOULDNT THAT BE SPORTSMAN SHIP NO MORE 50 MILE QUAD RIDES WITH 4 QUADS OUT . NO LEANING ON QUAD OR TRUCK TO SHOOT ILLEGAL NOW OPPS SECRET THIS IS DEDICATED TO ALL THE GREAT HUNTERS WHO WOULD BE SUCCESFUL THEN AND WHERE DO YOU FALL IN ?

Don't stop there.. How about no Magnums , Camo , GPS and Iron Sights only....

Rackem
09-13-2013, 10:15 AM
Yeah all caps is considered "YELLING" in internet land....

We have many advances in hunting technology, but really, we could get by with crossbows and dead reckoning if we had to, my grandpa, my dad, my uncles, NEVER wore camo, just red check plaid wool jackets and army green wool pants....

I used iron sights when I was younger, I couldn't afford a scope...and we used compass and maps...

Wrayzer
09-13-2013, 10:16 AM
Don't stop there.. How about no Magnums , Camo , GPS and Iron Sights only....

I'd say our Grandparents and great grandparents did alright in the plaid and blue jeans, iron sights etc etc.

.300WSMImpact!
09-13-2013, 12:28 PM
Sounds like an angry bitter old man, chill out dude

BearStump
09-13-2013, 12:55 PM
Really, No quads wouldn't bother me at all. I use one now, but if the rules were changed to dis-allow them for hunting that would be fine, as long as everyone had the same rules and they were enforced. It would sure suck to hike 15 klicks up a decomissioned road just to have your hunting area spoiled by 2 guys ripping past you on quads without a care.

greybark
09-13-2013, 03:42 PM
Really, No quads wouldn't bother me at all. I use one now, but if the rules were changed to dis-allow them for hunting that would be fine, as long as everyone had the same rules and they were enforced. It would sure suck to hike 15 klicks up a decomissioned road just to have your hunting area spoiled by 2 guys ripping past you on quads without a care.

Hey BearStump , does that apply to those with disabilites and have a permit ?
Cheers

frenchbar
09-13-2013, 03:48 PM
I'd be lucky to catch a Columbian ground squirrel....

camo-redneck
09-13-2013, 03:53 PM
It's called advancing technology. I'm guessing you live off grid, in an old homestead built by your parents passed down from generation to generation. Wake up at 3 am to milk the cows. No indoor plumbing or electricity and gas ??? Sure it's much better to go hike and explore the old school way. However, would you be spending quality time with your dad or grandfather that's a senior ? Didn't think so. It's idiots like you that make the hair on the back of my neck stand up. If you hike ... Kudos. If you drive logging roads all day...... That's great too. What happened to it being about getting out in the bush away from tv and traffic jams. I think you have watched one too many episodes of Yukon men.

russm
09-13-2013, 03:56 PM
No quads any more? I'd just use my truck, my trucks not a quad :D

decker9
09-13-2013, 04:24 PM
I'd love to see a ban on quads for hunting!, with exception to disabled people and seniors. As for road hunters, have atter! I never take my rifle out the case until I'm in my walking spot anyway. im the guy with the loud truck screaming down the road just before first light going to my spot scaring everything back into the sticks, Usually it's the road hunters that push the game to me lol. Keep on road huntin please!!

dana
09-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Not much would change for me.

BearStump
09-13-2013, 06:09 PM
Hey BearStump , does that apply to those with disabilites and have a permit ?
Cheers
if I had a disability and or a permit MY thoughts might change on this topic. But thats not my situation so my opinion sticks. as far as I know disabled hunters can shoot from the truck with a permit. I like that, it gets 'em out of the house into the great outdoors.

Gateholio
09-13-2013, 07:04 PM

Not illegal to use a vehicle as a rest if both feet are on the ground and no part of the firearm is touching the vehicle.

brutus
09-13-2013, 07:19 PM
lol theres idiots on quads,in trucks,on horses,on foot.how people hunt is a matter of preference and whoever does not respect that is an idiot period.not everybody as the physical ability to hike for miles never mind packing an animal,can't knock them down for that,again if you do your an idiot.i personaly use whatever means to get me where i want to go,be it on foot,on quad,on horse or by truck,why would i walk 50 miles if i can drive there and then hike from there lol.lmao he prob went hunting and a guy on quad went by with an elk strap on to his quad and that set him off as he walk his 10+km back to camp with nothing to show for

Caveman
09-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Not much would change for me.

I'm with Dana, I've never shot anything from my quad.

landphil
09-13-2013, 07:22 PM
If I couldn't use my quads I doubt I could walk. Same with my hamstrings.:-D

NaStY
09-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Interesting read..................