PDA

View Full Version : Zt update

whiteraven
09-12-2013, 12:44 PM
please delete

KnifeGuy
09-12-2013, 01:02 PM
ZT (Zero Tolerance) is basically Kershaw's "military" knife line, and has received the vast majority of Kai Cutlery's R&D funding in the last few years. That being said, they are not really suitable hunting knives. They are overbuilt tanks, and I own a few of them, but they are meant for heavy duty work and abuse. Good knives to have around camp, but no way I would carry them around while actually hunting. And while I agree that recurved blades (i.e. almost anything by Ken Onion) are difficult to sharpen, they are not impossible. The Sharpmaker by Spyderco is by far the best system for that sort of thing, but a good lansky kit would work as well. As far as steel hardness, their CPMS30V comes in at about 58 HRC iirc, which is not terribly hard when compared to some other steels. Much more suitable knives to be had in that price range.

trykillthis
09-12-2013, 09:35 PM
I love the ZT line, but would never use one for hunting. I prefer a regular drop point for that. And like the above poster said, they sharpen up nicely with a Spyderco Sharpmaker. Just takes a while with the higher end steels.