PDA

View Full Version : 5-13 Zone B LEH Bull Moose Help

xtrail
09-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Hi, My son got a Bull Moose LEH draw for 5-13 Zone B. I have never hunted this area, does anybody have any experience in this area? Do I have a good chance at filling this tag? Anybody know a good place where I could start? Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

Piperdown
09-12-2013, 05:57 AM
Look up Black Water Spruce Ranch great cabins to stay at and we always got our moose while hunting that area. Great people too :)

RVB
09-12-2013, 01:16 PM
What dates for the tag? Send a PM.....

xtrail
09-12-2013, 03:14 PM
I will give those cabins a look, date is Sept 10-30.

xtrail
09-13-2013, 03:18 PM
Anybody have a place where I could start my hunt? I have never been up there.

4pointhunter
09-13-2013, 06:01 PM
stay at tzesnicut lake resort and hunt in that area

xtrail
09-13-2013, 06:11 PM
Ok, Do you know of any roads there?

Moosehunter64
09-13-2013, 06:45 PM
I have hunted that areas for years. We hunt around the twin lakes area and have always done well. Once you find where they are you will get your moose.There are lots of roads around the twin lakes and I have seen and got moose and many of them.Its about 40 kms up the black water road.Use to be good deer there also but the last few times the deer have been scarce. We hunted there before the LEH was implemented in that area and we always did well.

Moosehunter64
09-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Also we have a shared hunt there for Oct 1 so will be there at the opening.There is an old gravel pit right off the main road just before twin lakes and is a good place to camp.

xtrail
09-13-2013, 07:14 PM
Is it called black water fsr? by Black Water Spruce Ranch? Would it be safe to camp in a tent there?

Moosehunter64
09-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Yes it is the black water forest service road the turn off is marked at the top of the hill going towards Nasko from quesnel right at the top of the hill.There is a very good sandy area in the old gravel pit and it would be an excelent spot for a tent and there have been tents there before.It is a few kms before the black water spruce ranch, probably 10 or 15 kms before.Its is right at the intersection of the main road and a spur road.Wish i could remember the spur number but it fails me right now.If you pass twin lakes you have gone to far.

Drillbit
09-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Yes it is the black water forest service road the turn off is marked at the top of the hill going towards Nasko from quesnel right at the top of the hill.There is a very good sandy area in the old gravel pit and it would be an excelent spot for a tent and there have been tents there before.It is a few kms before the black water spruce ranch, probably 10 or 15 kms before.Its is right at the intersection of the main road and a spur road.Wish i could remember the spur number but it fails me right now.If you pass twin lakes you have gone to far.

12c maybe? (aka. Charleston creek)

Blackwater road is a gravel highway, runs basically west out to nazko, north of the nazko highway. Lots of side roads and good spots to hunt and camp. Not allowed ATV's there though in case you didn't know that.

Blackwater spruce goes from the blackwater road, south to the Nazko highway, comes out (Doig rd) just west of Sylvias Cafe, great food. Could camp there too.

Good moose hunting all through that area, just make sure they are somewhere they can be retrieved without a ATV.

xtrail
09-17-2013, 03:58 PM
Anybody know where I can get the exact border between the zones(zone a and b)

rohall77
09-18-2013, 12:49 AM
we camped in tents at tzenzaicut (https://www.google.ca/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1280&bih=666&q=tzenzaicut+lake+bc&spell=1&sa=X&ei=Ylo5UvbBJoqmqwG_34CoBg&ved=0CCgQvwUoAA) lake last October and got two bull moose. Note it is a no quad area so bring lots of help or lots of rigging.

xtrail
09-18-2013, 12:59 AM
I take that campsite is in 5-13 zone b? Did you just pick a road and explore or did you concentrate in an area? This is my first time moose hunting, is it like deer, glassing cut blocks, etc? We have lots of help.

moosinaround
09-18-2013, 02:23 AM
Best part about hunting crown land is you can camp anywhere!!!! The Charelston FSR is a good area for moose and mulies, and black bears, lots of black bears!!! It is safe to camp anywhere out there. There are grizz too, keep a clean camp and your good!! Last I was out there, 3 yrs ago we did see lots of moose, a fair amount of deer, both mulies and whities! Bulls should be responding to calls, so you should get some action. Google earth the area, you'll find moose country, you'll be in the middle of it!! Moosin

xtrail
09-18-2013, 07:52 AM
Ok thanks everyone for your help. I will let you know how I do.

paraschost
09-18-2013, 08:45 AM
I hunted around tzenzicut lake when I got my draw 3 yrs ago. I was lucky enough to get a bull moose

srupp
09-18-2013, 09:38 AM
hmmm Tzenzicut lake is a good place for moose...and great fishing also we have used the camping available there...there are some great moose spots in there send me a PM with a ph # and I will be more specific.. steven Rupp