PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day Luck and a big thank you

Amphibious
09-11-2013, 06:22 PM
and why I'm going to be eating at Woody's Pub more often!

After a very long day of hiking, scouting, pushing bush on old deactivated roads with my motorcycle, I stopped for one last hike along a ridge to see what would be wandering down to feed at dusk. Got back to the bike a little early and decided to pack it in and head home. 38kms off pavement and the bike decides, for the first time ever, not to start. Now I maintain my equipment to a degree rarely seen. My $200 lawnmower gets treated better then most $80K trucks. So this is a real suprise.

Played with the choke
Pulled the plug
Checked the carb
Bump started multiple times

Remembering my Haitian Voodoo experiences I desperately searched for a chicken to bleed out over the engine.

Nada.

Managed to coast the bike down the hill and make it to the 36km sign. Where is my hunting buddies you ask? Don't have any local. Where's my SPOT you say? Packed away in my flight bag as I'm heading back to work tomorrow morning. Quite the pickle. Put the necessities in the pack and started the hump out. Only about 13kms to cell service, but although I'm very comfortable alone in the bush, when the girlfriend doesn't get her nightly phone call, some worried-significant-other-mega-drama will break loose.

4kms into my stroll I see headlights. Never been so happy to see another hunter. Turns out Brandon is a local and owner of Woody's Pub in Lake Country (Winfield). He didn't even blink when I asked him for a lift and he dropped me right off at home.

Thanks Brandon, you saved me from a rather long, dark walk.

The Hermit
09-11-2013, 06:32 PM
I never met Brandon and I like the guy!

09-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Good guy that Brandon. As you know, life is like sitting at the rotating sushi bar....what comes around goes around. l am going to go to Woody's Pub when we are in that neck of the woods.

Weatherby Fan
09-11-2013, 06:39 PM
I never met Brandon and I like the guy!

X2.......Yes sir sounds like a first class guy to me.

Jelvis
09-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Let's put our hands together folks with a few happy claps for Brandon from Woody's Pub
For helpin a member out when in need
your a true genteelman.
Thanks for helpin out Brandon.
Jel .. we dig what yah did.

RiverOtter
09-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Never been to Woody's Pub, but that'll change first chance I get.....

ncurrie
09-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Never been to Woody's Pub, but that'll change first chance I get.....

Really?! You haven't, everyone around here goes there! Great place.

RiverOtter
09-12-2013, 04:39 AM
I hardly ever go to Vernon, let alone Kelowna...........:mrgreen:

ex bc guide
09-12-2013, 04:46 AM
I will be up that way next week, will stop in for sure. Glad you were able to get a ride out.