PDA

View Full Version : Is forum advice on areas to hunt current? Credible?

rmcda1
09-10-2013, 03:52 PM
I have been a forum member for a short while and find some of the information and advice very helpful, and it is much appreciated.

I have been browsing the forum looking at many threads / posts on hunting areas and noticed something that surprised me and lessened my confidence in suggestions that are posted by a member.

Information / advice that is provided is "borrowed", word for word in most cases, at length, from a publication from 1984. That's right, 1984. The BC Outdoors Guide Series, Hunting Guide, included as a supplement with the BC Outdoors Magazine in 1984 is the direct source for extensive advice and comments made by a member regarding roads, game opportunities etc.

I am glad that information is being widely shared for everyone's benefit, however while the member responds thankfully to some suggestions that he write a book, he fails to mention that the information he is imparting is 29 years old, and published by Maclean Hunter Publications, not by the member.

For a member who has long established credibility, information that is imparted by him, could be misconstrued as updated / recent, and based on personal experience, when, based on the comments and the actual source, may well not be the case. Perhaps nothing has changed in 29 years, but I think that is unlikely. Reproducing whole sections, for a large number of management units across the province seems deceptive.

Sofa King
09-10-2013, 04:00 PM
please elaborate.
who are you referring to?

adriaticum
09-10-2013, 04:08 PM
please elaborate.
who are you referring to?

He is referring to a post Jelvis made on another thread (Mule deer hunting).

I think Jelvis did well and gave the general idea. You are not going to get GPS coordinates to the best honey holes you can count on that.
So rmcda1 if you are looking for someone to give you their best hunting spots on a public forum you need to have a drink of something very strong.

Sofa King
09-10-2013, 04:09 PM
haha.
I was just informed who it is.
i'm sure he doesn't even know/remember what he says half the time.
what he's read and what he's experienced probably got all muddled a long, long time ago.

Sofa King
09-10-2013, 04:11 PM
i missed that thread i guess.
was he saying it like it was his tale, or showing a story to someone?

adriaticum
09-10-2013, 04:14 PM

everything he does is like a tale.
But he cut and pasted information.

Not that it was wrong information. It was good information.

ruger#1
09-10-2013, 04:15 PM
You know Jel means well. And he is a very good person.

adriaticum
09-10-2013, 04:18 PM
You know Jel means well. And he is a very good person.

I agree, I'd buy him a beer if they'd let him drink.

Darksith
09-10-2013, 04:27 PM
I have been a forum member for a short while and find some of the information and advice very helpful, and it is much appreciated.

I have been browsing the forum looking at many threads / posts on hunting areas and noticed something that surprised me and lessened my confidence in suggestions that are posted by a member.

Information / advice that is provided is "borrowed", word for word in most cases, at length, from a publication from 1984. That's right, 1984. The BC Outdoors Guide Series, Hunting Guide, included as a supplement with the BC Outdoors Magazine in 1984 is the direct source for extensive advice and comments made by a member regarding roads, game opportunities etc.

I am glad that information is being widely shared for everyone's benefit, however while the member responds thankfully to some suggestions that he write a book, he fails to mention that the information he is imparting is 29 years old, and published by Maclean Hunter Publications, not by the member.

For a member who has long established credibility, information that is imparted by him, could be misconstrued as updated / recent, and based on personal experience, when, based on the comments and the actual source, may well not be the case. Perhaps nothing has changed in 29 years, but I think that is unlikely. Reproducing whole sections, for a large number of management units across the province seems deceptive.

never believe anything you read on the internet...especially if its from jelvis ;)
^^^^TOO FUNNY, DIDN"T SCROLL DOWN JUST GUESSED WHO IT WAS

RiverOtter
09-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Nothing wrong with passing on old second hand info, but it sure don't boost your credibility when you don't pass that "LITTLE" tidbit along with said info.......

OOOPS, eh Jelly..........

bigslim
09-10-2013, 04:28 PM
You know Jell can't drink when he is always so medicated!!
He's always entertaining though
Jell you've set the bar high for allowable mainstream insanity

Darksith
09-10-2013, 04:31 PM
if you want advice thats great, and if you need help you will usually get it via PM if you ask. The more recongnized on here you are, the more help you will receive. That goes both ways though. I don't expect guys that would never share info to ask for help, and generally they don't. As stated though, you won't get co-ords to a spot with a moose tied to a tree. Its hunting man, you gotta get out there. And yeah, jelvis is a character. If the post makes sense, he probably cut and pasted it, if its filled with riddles and rhymes he probably wrote it

adriaticum
09-10-2013, 04:34 PM
Yeah take the advice from Darksith,
Welcome to the dark side....booooooo

moosinaround
09-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Jel takes the time to post, better than some! Ask questions, and then go out and sort it out for real. I give a lot of advice about areas north of quesnel. Some areas it has been a while since I was there, but if I tell you there are critters there, there is! You may have to work to find them, after all, thats hunting! Moosin

Weatherby Fan
09-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Well when someone posts something like hunting area info on a public hunting site with 15,000 members and who knows how many lurkers......it may be general info like Jelvis posted or you may get a PM with some more specific info,but you really shouldn't be complaining about any advice given, It's up to you to decide whats good info.
In his mind he may think he's helping you as he doesn't know your level of experience or if you've ever even been away from where you live.....wherever that may be.
WF

BuckNaked
09-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Read stuff here, then go and see if it checks out, thats what I did. My last scouting trip was based solely on info that Jel posted, guess what, i saw a deer, and grouse and no-one else around...perfect advice if you ask me.

P.S. this was my fifth scouting trip this summer and the first one where i actually saw a deer. You simply just have to get out there.

Salty
09-10-2013, 05:03 PM
The joke here is that someone actually read all Jelvis' where to posts? :lol: LMAO K, a tip. Some of us are here more as and for entertainment value. No one took an oath. Its the internet.

REMINGTON JIM
09-10-2013, 05:14 PM
You know Jel means well. And he is a very good person. That's a FACT :) and he is entertaining too ! Nice Fellow -:-D RJ

rmcda1
09-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Actually, there are posts too numerous to list where 29 year old information is quoted, without letting readers know that it is not personal knowledge nor the age of the information. I think that if someone is writing posts that give the impression that knowledge is personal and reasonably current (those articles which were plagiarized are 29 years old),

I have been hunting for a few years ( on and off between illlnesses about 35) so I am familiar with some areas. I am not starting out and specifically looking for hunting spots. I just like to keep abreast of what is going on and where, and appreciate (as I have mentioned in my post) information. You speculated that I am looking for honey holes / gps co-ordinates is misplaced and not the point of my post.

He is referring to a post Jelvis made on another thread (Mule deer hunting).
I think that if someone is writing posts that give the impression that knowledge is reasonably current (those articles which were plagiarized are 29 years old),

I think Jelvis did well and gave the general idea. You are not going to get GPS coordinates to the best honey holes you can count on that.
So rmcda1 if you are looking for someone to give you their best hunting spots on a public forum you need to have a drink of something very strong.

rmcda1
09-10-2013, 05:54 PM
There are many, many posts that, to me, appear to give the impression that he is imparting personal knowledge, for example a member replies to one of his posts that he "should write a book". Jelvis replies thankfully but does not mention that the comments he made in that post were taken word for word from the publication in 1984 I cited.

Example, he has taken the whole of region4, by management unit, and re-presented the information, without letting anyone know it is not his information, nor that it is from 29 years ago.

rmcda1
09-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Yes, and I bet your comments are not 29 years old, nor plagiarized from another publication. Your advice has some credibility, based on what you said.

Jel takes the time to post, better than some! Ask questions, and then go out and sort it out for real. I give a lot of advice about areas north of quesnel. Some areas it has been a while since I was there, but if I tell you there are critters there, there is! You may have to work to find them, after all, thats hunting! Moosin

adriaticum
09-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Actually, there are posts too numerous to list where 29 year old information is quoted, without letting readers know that it is not personal knowledge nor the age of the information. I think that if someone is writing posts that give the impression that knowledge is personal and reasonably current (those articles which were plagiarized are 29 years old),

I have been hunting for a few years ( on and off between illlnesses about 35) so I am familiar with some areas. I am not starting out and specifically looking for hunting spots. I just like to keep abreast of what is going on and where, and appreciate (as I have mentioned in my post) information. You speculated that I am looking for honey holes / gps co-ordinates is misplaced and not the point of my post.

I get what you are saying.
You've been a member of this forum for 6 years and only have 16 posts.
If you were more involved you would gain some valuable experience and be able to tell fact from fiction.
So it's like with any community if you get involved and people get to know you and maybe you will get some valuable information.
Nobody really likes outsiders.
Didn't your parents teach you not to talk to strangers ;)

Nobody here signed an oath to tell the truth and nothing but the truth.

quadrakid
09-10-2013, 06:04 PM
This is the internet,so whatever Jelly says must be true! Ease up, I don,t think anybody believed His Royal Jelliness was imparting all that info from his own experience when he first posted it.You are certainly a few years behind in pointing it out. cheers and good luck this season

ruger#1
Yes, and I bet your comments are not 29 years old, nor plagiarized from another publication. Your advice has some credibility, based on what you said.
And is this a pick on Jelvis thread. Jel has never harmed any one or said bad things about anybody on this board.Talk to him in a PM and stop trying to belittle him on here. I have never met him and he sounds like a great guy from the PM's I have had with him. Where he gets his info from shouldn't matter. You do not have to read what he posts either.

Salty
We've got a new sheriff in town.. LOL Jelvis is here to goof around a bit and have fun. Read some of his non hunting related posts in Open Chat and you may clue in some. Its called humour.

rmcda1
09-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Nothing wrong with passing on old second hand info, but it sure don't boost your credibility when you don't pass that "LITTLE" tidbit along with said info.......

OOOPS, eh Jelly..........

Thanks - you get it. As I mentioned in my original comments, I appreciate all information. BUT, by plagiarizing, word for word information that is 29 years old, first the "information is dated, and because the said member is almost an icon on this forum (apparently), one might give the advice more weight than it should receive. On the other hand, many comments about the member seem to give the impression that he should not be taken seriously.

rmcda1
09-10-2013, 06:08 PM
My level of involvement is irrelevant. The only point that is relevant is that a member presents 29 year old information, plagiarized from someone else. It doesn't matter how many posts that person has to make his contribution less meaningful or credible.

I get what you are saying.
You've been a member of this forum for 6 years and only have 16 posts.
If you were more involved you would gain some valuable experience and be able to tell fact from fiction.
So it's like with any community if you get involved and people get to know you and maybe you will get some valuable information.
Nobody really likes outsiders.
Didn't your parents teach you not to talk to strangers ;)

Nobody here signed an oath to tell the truth and nothing but the truth.

r106
09-10-2013, 06:09 PM
theres game in all parts of this province and the province is so big some people just need some direction. Jelvis's post do that.

He lists off so many places and roads that he will list off some " Honey Holes ". But almost every road in this Province will have some honey holes if you can find them

rmcda1
09-10-2013, 06:09 PM
i am familiar with humour, and i also know that empty vessels make the loudest noise. If one gives advice / information, why not be honest and tell people it is 29 yeasr old and not his knowledge.

We've got a new sheriff in town.. LOL Jelvis is here to goof around a bit and have fun. Read some of his non hunting related posts in Open Chat and you may clue in some. Its called humour.

brian
09-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Thanks - you get it. As I mentioned in my original comments, I appreciate all information. BUT, by plagiarizing, word for word information that is 29 years old, first the "information is dated, and because the said member is almost an icon on this forum (apparently), one might give the advice more weight than it should receive. On the other hand, many comments about the member seem to give the impression that he should not be taken seriously.

So you know his advice is old and not credible for many areas, take it for what it is. If it really bugs you then you can use the ignore feature.

Jelvis
09-10-2013, 06:10 PM
This is nothing new you think your new your a day late and a buck short.
I got my own stuff and I got lot's of other stuffs over the years,many years lol, I'm old I admit it.
BC Outdoors is numero uno in BC for many a decade try half a century of good stuff
You don't want to know then find it on your lonesome. Don't read or learn from others and try hoofin off into the wild blue yonder. I like Jack Oconner and grew up in this era.
Use your facebook and your I-phones, your gps and aps.
I am old ok, go find your hunting by experience alone then.
Jel ( You ) Hurt me deep -- i feel like a sleep -- you think your helpin -- yer yelpin
I want proof doofy loops be careful your headin for a heart break ... watchnlearn

rmcda1
09-10-2013, 06:13 PM
I focused on an issue, not a person. 29 year old information, scattered on numerous threads and posts throughout the site, written by someone else.
I have not belittled him, just told the truth and challenged comments that are old and plagiarized. Why make me the focus. Perhaps the member ( who i did not name in my original thread, as you may notice) is the one who embarrassed himself.

QUOTE=ruger#1;1380236]And is this a pick on Jelvis thread. Jel has never harmed any one or said bad things about anybody on this board.Talk to him in a PM and stop trying to belittle him on here. I have never met him and he sounds like a great guy from the PM's I have had with him. Where he gets his info from shouldn't matter. You do not have to read what he posts either.[/QUOTE]

emerson
09-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Internet advice is always worth what you pay for it. Sometimes
a bit more.

r106
09-10-2013, 06:15 PM
My level of involvement is irrelevant. The only point that is relevant is that a member presents 29 year old information, plagiarized from someone else. It doesn't matter how many posts that person has to make his contribution less meaningful or credible.

Are you serious? get a life, go hunting.

Weather the info is 29 years old or from yesterday he is doing more to help newbs than you are on here. Are you going to give away your honey holes? Probably not.

rmcda1
09-10-2013, 06:15 PM
I did not say I had read all of his posts at all. I think advice should be current, credible and personal, if not plagiarized.
The joke here is that someone actually read all Jelvis' where to posts? :lol: LMAO K, a tip. Some of us are here more as and for entertainment value. No one took an oath. Its the internet.

adriaticum
09-10-2013, 06:17 PM
Internet advice is always worth what you pay for it. Sometimes
a bit more.

Well said.

ruger#1
09-10-2013, 06:18 PM
I focused on an issue, not a person. 29 year old information, scattered on numerous threads and posts throughout the site, written by someone else.
I have not belittled him, just told the truth and challenged comments that are old and plagiarized. Why make me the focus. Perhaps the member ( who i did not name in my original thread, as you may notice) is the one who embarrassed himself.

QUOTE=ruger#1;1380236]And is this a pick on Jelvis thread. Jel has never harmed any one or said bad things about anybody on this board.Talk to him in a PM and stop trying to belittle him on here. I have never met him and he sounds like a great guy from the PM's I have had with him. Where he gets his info from shouldn't matter. You do not have to read what he posts either.[/QUOTE]
You are really sounding like my wife. She likes to bitch about nothing also.

rmcda1
09-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Thanks - i have been "getting out there" on and off for thirty years and a member for 6 or 7, I just think that someone may be pointed in the wrong direction with 29 year old information and that one shouldn't accept credit by default for someone else's comments / knowledge.

Read stuff here, then go and see if it checks out, thats what I did. My last scouting trip was based solely on info that Jel posted, guess what, i saw a deer, and grouse and no-one else around...perfect advice if you ask me.

P.S. this was my fifth scouting trip this summer and the first one where i actually saw a deer. You simply just have to get out there.

rmcda1
09-10-2013, 06:20 PM
maybe your wife is right, my condolences to her.

You are really sounding like my wife. She likes to bitch about nothing also.[/QUOTE]

adriaticum
09-10-2013, 06:26 PM
maybe your wife is right, my condolences to her.

Mom, is that you?

ruger#1
09-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Not very well interested in what this guys says. So he is on my ignor list. That was easy.

Salty
09-10-2013, 06:29 PM
I just think that someone may be pointed in the wrong direction with 29 year old information and that one shouldn't accept credit by default for someone else's comments / knowledge.

No one is asking for credit here. And anyone who would plan a hunting trip around a passage they've read on the internet should get their head read.

frenchbar
09-10-2013, 06:34 PM
Jelvis Rules! rock on rocko..

Jelvis
09-10-2013, 06:34 PM
Don't ever think I ever take credit for helping another hunter if I use what I learned from professional writing about hunting shooting and fishing in British Columbia.
Mostly I learned from my Uncle and my neighbor about deer hunting.
I read and read about mule deer hunting for big bucks in Colarado, Utah, New Mexico, the Kaibab forest and was hooked.
I luv the bc outdoors and always will, on the edge, a western hunter, the outdoor life in fields and streams, hunting bc.
You have the internet now and this site to use for better hunting skills and to get valuable hunting access.
Jel ( My Fingers ) R gitten tired haha -- Have a Sleeman and chill

Darksith
09-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Thanks - i have been "getting out there" on and off for thirty years and a member for 6 or 7, I just think that someone may be pointed in the wrong direction with 29 year old information and that one shouldn't accept credit by default for someone else's comments / knowledge.

been a member since 2007 with a whopping 25 posts...way to be a member! Keep up the good work soldier, or just piss off honestly. Why start posting now, just keep lurking and don't touch the keyboard, its better for the group this way

frenchbar
09-10-2013, 06:37 PM
i took jellys 29 yr old info and whacked a boone and crocket and tubbs muley

adriaticum
09-10-2013, 06:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJE3EgTGg9k

Salty
09-10-2013, 06:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1Ond-OwgU8

Jelvis
09-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Lookey goes back b4 84 so who cares? Looky started the whole thing with the right people b4 84, so that wood predate the 85 one.
Jel (Big) Gunz Johnstone

Darksith
09-10-2013, 06:44 PM
shit, I might find Jelvis entertaining one day, too much the next. I will be the first to admit that lately he has kinda been getting to me, but I got a grumpy overdue preggo wife, so maybe that has something to do with it. But to actively call someone out like you are is crossing the line. How about you...

http://youtu.be/nCLn5guumOM

adriaticum
09-10-2013, 06:49 PM
shit, I might find Jelvis entertaining one day, too much the next. I will be the first to admit that lately he has kinda been getting to me, but I got a grumpy overdue preggo wife, so maybe that has something to do with it. But to actively call someone out like you are is crossing the line. How about you...

You'll pay for your sins soon.

BuckNaked
09-10-2013, 06:51 PM
I did not say I had read all of his posts at all. I think advice should be current, credible and personal, if not plagiarized.

This is the internet, nobody gives a s**t what you think!:-D

And when you come on after lurking for 7 years, flaming a long-time, well liked member, expect a negative reception and a difficult time gaining any credibility.

nature girl
09-10-2013, 06:51 PM
Jelvis. You are the man. The one thing you may have done is gotten some people out in new areas to hunt. So that is awesome.
And some members may have gotten an animal by trying out this new area to them that you may have mentioned. Nothing wrong with that.
JELVIS YOU JUST KEEP BEING YOU.

Jelvis
09-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Thanks girl, I dig that, you made my day.
Jel ( We Can Be ) Hero's for just for one day .. I will be King and you you'll be Queen

Weatherby Fan
09-10-2013, 07:01 PM

Dude, the info from what I read is relevant from a starting point and its up to you to go and explore and learn from there,your beating a dead horse,get over it as he will post stuff like that many more times much to your dismay.
It's also up to you to sift through whats relevant,I have sent guys to spots I hunted years ago and they come back successful,just because I haven't been there in 5,10 or "29" years doesn't mean there's no animals there.
It's what you make of it.
Leave Jelvis alone.
Good luck this season.
WF

nature girl
09-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Thanks girl, I dig that, you made my day.
Jel ( We Can Be ) Hero's for just for one day .. I will be King and you you'll be Queen

Id love to be queen for a day.
You the best Jel.

Burnabyred
As someone who is relatively new to HBC (just over 1 yr), and with few posts under my belt, I've found that members will often PM you with offers of assistance and all round solid general knowledge when you put yourself out there. However, the public forums need to be taken as intended... a public place for everyone to have their say. Some will offer sympathy or congratulations, some will boast, some will mislead and most will encourage but all are here on their free time and for their own reasons. Try to enjoy the circus.

Salty
This is 1040 GFY Radio... Less music, more talk, All JEL radio! Bringing you hunting spots and storys all day long. If you don likey find a nuther sta shun... Jel radio dot com.. google it its online ontime and lots of rhyme. Yo

r106
09-10-2013, 07:12 PM
As someone who is relatively new to HBC (just over 1 yr), and with few posts under my belt, I've found that members will often PM you with offers of assistance and all round solid general knowledge when you put yourself out there. However, the public forums need to be taken as intended... a public place for everyone to have their say. Some will offer sympathy or congratulations, some will boast, some will mislead and most will encourage but all are here on their free time and for their own reasons. Try to enjoy the circus.

well put....

BearStump
09-10-2013, 07:14 PM
I cant help but feel that you're picking on our beloved team mascot, our handicapped waterboy, Our mentally ill little brother. Pick on someone else!

gamehunter6o
09-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Is forum advice on areas to hunt current? Credible? The advice I always give to newbys, is search for wright trees. I was told 50yrs ago. Son, you search for the wright tree and when you find one, look behind it and there'll be a deer standing there. That's always worked for me anyway .:-D

Darksith
09-10-2013, 07:28 PM
You'll pay for your sins soon.

I know, 2 kinds now, both born prime hunting season...I'll be payin soon for a long time! Hell Im already paying, opening day deer and here I sit!

sapper
09-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Is forum advice on areas to hunt current? Credible? The advice I always give to newbys, is search for wright trees. I was told 50yrs ago. Son, you search for the wright tree and when you find one, look behind it and there'll be a deer standing there. That's always worked for me anyway .:-D
"Wright trees" must be a species indigenous to NZ that deer like to hide behind. We don't have any here in BC. Every now and again though I do find a deer trying to hide behind a tree. You know the kind, the ones that stand on their hind legs behind a tree, but that's usually when I'm looking behind the rong tree. :-P
Oh, yeah, and Jelly, you da man. And so are a bunch of other guys on here who've, as someone else mentioned, PM'ed me over the years and assisted as I've tried a new area.

Marlin375
09-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Well rmcda1 I don`t even know how to respond to your concerns. Have you ever thought about the fact that Jelly might be as fictional as the Easter Bunny, did you find any pictures of Jell while you were doing your research.......further more you have not disqualified any of Jell`s info, even though it is old...... is it actually inaccurate, what did you find that spurred this rant. Have your odds of getting a deer from Jelly`s info changed. Not likely.

f350ps
09-10-2013, 08:18 PM
All of Jelvis's post should have a disclaimer attached saying I don't really hunt but I can copy and paste from a very old book! I've seen some of his old, old, old, advice and have PM'd guys to set them straight. Haven't been able to do that for a couple years cuz he's on my "Ignore List". I can only say, reader beware! K

Salty
09-10-2013, 08:35 PM
This is the best thread ever! LOL. you go jel

RoscoeP
09-10-2013, 08:38 PM
All internet forums are the same, you have to have your BS filter on at all times, people say things they have only heard about but not from personal experience. Say something like gun cleaning, I have heard so much crap that would probably wreck your gun. Never ask a question and act on the first persons advice, when in doubt contact a pro. And by the way I think Jelvis is a great guy with a big heart and I have never met him. Cheers Roscoe

Big Lew
09-10-2013, 08:38 PM
I've been reading the various comments within this thread since it began. It has the typical yay and nay responses, but few have actually addressed the question thoroughly. As for the controversy concerning where "Jelvis" gleens his information...I couldn't care less, it's usually pertinent information. I have personally been in many of the places he describes well before and after his postings and can vouch for their general description and accuracy even if some may well be past their most productive time frame. In many areas, the various game does leave for better areas close by, but quite often they're still in the area but they're harder to get close to and you need to change your hunting methods. It can be quite frustrating trying to get off a shot when most times you hear them bust out, or you just get a glimpse of a rack or rump bounding away. The only way you can be sure if an area is currently holding game is to look for yourself. An area that had typically been productive can be completely without game in a day or 2 if they're disturbed, the food source is depleted, or a change in the weather etc. triggers mass migration. I've seen this many times where I saw many deer in an area each day until seeing nothing but tracks all heading the same direction. This can happen over night.

BCMarc
09-10-2013, 08:42 PM

I'd second that. As a relatively new member (1 year too) as well as new to hunting and a new area of the province, I've had many people reach out through PM to offer to show me the paths in my new stomping grounds. Now that we are finally moved in and settled, I can finally take them up on it and have them out to pick some geese off the back 40.

Whonnock Boy
09-10-2013, 08:44 PM
A lot of guys on here do plenty of bs'in. Some of it is made up on their own, some of it is copied and pasted. Stick around long enough, and you will figure out who is standing in it. Then you can just scroll on by. :wink:

frenchbar
09-10-2013, 08:47 PM
I could use a Dream Interpreter fix jelly bomb ...make my day

Salty
09-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Wonder how the ranchers daughter and Rocko the nord river Jocko are anyways. ..

frenchbar
09-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Wonder how the ranchers daughter and the nord river Rocko the nord river Jocko are anyways. ..

rocko was chasin Melissa n roxanne up a mountain last I heard

moosinaround
09-10-2013, 09:09 PM
I preface my advice stating that you can apply the general 10% Bull Shit rule to it. All hunters can have their stories or advice reduced by what I have coined the "10% Bullshit factor" That is copyrighted 2003 by me, and I will sue if used without my permission! Apply it to everything hunting fishing or dick size related!! You will find the advice will start to make more sense! Some hunters have to have a greater factor, such as 20%- 40% depending on the individual! Moosinaround

The Dawg
09-10-2013, 09:15 PM

Dont like the info Jelly posts?

How bout posting your own info and locations for people looking for advice.

I think what happened is you mooched off of something the Jellyman said, found nothing, and are pissed.

stuffrider147
09-10-2013, 09:27 PM
Lol no idea why I read every post in this thread.

frenchbar
09-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Lol no idea why I read every post in this thread.

everyone loves a trainwreck .. that's why ..:)

Salty
09-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Speaking of train wrecks where are those pics of the 235 non typical muley that got killed on the tracks in the Thompson country that were on here a while ago :confused:

quadrakid
09-10-2013, 09:44 PM
If I thought dissing the Jelmaster would start such a great thread I,d have done this a long time ago. No disrespect meant Jelly.

Jelvis
09-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Almost a train wreck near Wallachin a few years back. That was a long time ago folks.
Ashcroft area near the tracks one night, by Wallachin.
Time flies people, it vaitz for no 1. I was younger in 2006 now I'm older.
Carry on my wayward son there will be peace when you are done.
Don't you cry no more.
Jelly -- good old tunes rocks

rmcda1
09-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Wonderful - a thought from you that is unfounded and inaccurate.
To be factual for a moment - Ken Bernsohn, Karl Bruhn, Peter Chettleburgh, Ted Dentay,Bob Harris, Bob Jones, Doug Leighton, Ron Nelson, Richard Thomas Wright - these are the people that actually wrote the information back in 1984 for the Guide.

Honesty, Integrity, Credibility. Think about that. That is why I drew attention to the misrepresentation. I have never used any of the information from that member and have always been successful hunting ( because for me, whether I fill my tag or not is not the most important thing - I just love to hunt)

Dont like the info Jelly posts?

How bout posting your own info and locations for people looking for advice.

I think what happened is you mooched off of something the Jellyman said, found nothing, and are pissed.

rmcda1
09-10-2013, 09:55 PM
How about responding to my assertion that you have plagiarized complete sections of others published advice / information, passing it off on your posts / threads?
How about admitting that the information you use in your posts is almost entirelyfrom the 1984 BC Hunting Guide, and not your own.

Almost a train wreck near Wallachin a few years back. That was a long time ago folks.
Ashcroft area near the tracks one night, by Wallachin.
Time flies people, it vaitz for no 1. I was younger in 2006 now I'm older.
Carry on my wayward son there will be peace when you are done.
Don't you cry no more.
Jelly -- good old tunes rocks

quadrakid
09-10-2013, 10:01 PM
For Gods sakes man,we all know Jelly is quoting from old publications,we have known it for years.

Salty
09-10-2013, 10:02 PM
How about responding to my assertion that you have plagiarized complete sections of others published advice / information, passing it off on your posts / threads?
How about admitting that the information you use in your posts is almost entirelyfrom the 1984 BC Hunting Guide, and not your own.

You say you love to hunt? Good why don't you go do that. Trying to stir your little plagiarism fantasy up obviously isn't getting you anywhere. BFN

REMINGTON JIM
09-10-2013, 10:05 PM
WOW ! rmcda1 - i gotta say your a tuff sombi*tch :) in a fight :shock: but i think you should just give it up and relax ! The info did not harm you and its not the first time someone has re-used info - its really not a big deal and you are making it into one ! :( Chill out ! Wheres gatehouse - off Hunting or something ? LOL :-D RJ

Jelvis
09-10-2013, 10:10 PM
hey rcmda why me, why now? This was hashed out years ago with another hunter.
He has the same book you say you got, some book like your talkin about.
Said the same thing in a pm as your saying, singin the same tune.
We talked and came to a conclusion and that was that. Good info might be old but hey the rivers are still there, the mountains, the lakes, the trees haven't left the area. Maybe a new mall or cafe but the earth is still brown, the grass is still green, don't upset the
Jelly Bean .. Be Happy your bringing everyone down .. Don't worry Be Happy

Singleshotneeded
09-10-2013, 10:10 PM
Whatever...no big hairy deal...even if he plagiarized some info that was 30 years old, there's probably still some relevancy to it. When newbies would like a bit of info, it's better that someone share some info that might be a bit dated than to contribute nothing...well done Jelvis... :-)

The Dawg
09-10-2013, 10:11 PM
For Gods sakes man,we all know Jelly is quoting from old publications,we have known it for years.

Yup. We all know that. Even you now rcmda.

Like I said before- you don't like the info he shares, why don't you help the people asking out then?

Jelvis
09-10-2013, 10:23 PM
I've noticed lately a few posters who seem to be young fellas and they are projecting hints of this coming around the corner.
Like you've been jelzeroed. You know the four horsemen lol,
Then rcmd comes unglued over 30 year info and borrowing lines from a book.
I sang, Don't step on my blue suede shoes, so rcmd wants me to tell you, Elvis Pressley sang that song and wrote it, I just sang a line and I gotta tell you who wrote and I can't sing it in front of no one unless I tell the world Elvis made the song that I sang a line from. wow
Jel .. rcmd .. have you ever hummed a tune? An original or someone elses?

Drillbit
09-10-2013, 10:30 PM
Wonderful - a thought from you that is unfounded and inaccurate.
To be factual for a moment - Ken Bernsohn, Karl Bruhn, Peter Chettleburgh, Ted Dentay,Bob Harris, Bob Jones, Doug Leighton, Ron Nelson, Richard Thomas Wright - these are the people that actually wrote the information back in 1984 for the Guide.

Honesty, Integrity, Credibility. Think about that. That is why I drew attention to the misrepresentation. I have never used any of the information from that member and have always been successful hunting ( because for me, whether I fill my tag or not is not the most important thing - I just love to hunt)

Can you prove Jelly isn't one of those listed above?

Drillbit
09-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Keep on keepin' on Jelly!

Looking forward to your next threads!

Jelvis
09-10-2013, 10:33 PM
Drill is getting warmer hah, never thought of that eh rcmd?
thanks dril

Darksith
09-10-2013, 10:50 PM
plagiarizing would somehow imply that jelly is benefiting from this in some way. This isnt a school paper, nor is he charging $ for the information, so who gives a rats ass. Hell, someone tells me something, I pass it on, I don't say bill said...who cares. If its out there and its not being reused for personal gain then its really inconsequential in the big scheme of things. For being 28 posts deep after 6 years you really aren't making many friends. Honesty, integrity, creidibility...where is your integrity. Where is your respect? Who died and made you boss? Judge not lest yee be judged good sir,

rides bike to work
09-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Jell the buck slayer from the loops talks the talk and walks the walk he's the real deal yo. His writings are genius genuine just awsome . A story teller a dreamer a ridge walker. The characters he's introduced us to are to real to be faken legends in the Bc hunting world. It takes a pro to write the way he does. I just hope his mask will some day be unveiled everyone e would love to see who da man behind the madness in loopy town really is. As we all love his writings and vast knowledge . Keep on jellin

rcar
09-10-2013, 11:37 PM
Personally, every question I have asked here has been answered honestly. Many of the searches I do on a topic result in a very good general overview but almost everyone I send a PM to about a topic has replied with enough detail to be extremely helpful. Most of the general questions I have asked have been addressed in open forum but anything specific that someone wanted to share to really help has come as a PM. My hunt for goat in a few weeks is based primarily on the advice of members here and I trust the advice is good. In fact I would bet my left nut it is. In return I try to give back where I can and when a topic is a bit too sensitive for open forum, I send a PM.

rcar
09-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Jell the buck slayer from the loops talks the talk and walks the walk he's the real deal yo. His writings are genius genuine just awsome . A story teller a dreamer a ridge walker. The characters he's introduced us to are to real to be faken legends in the Bc hunting world. It takes a pro to write the way he does. I just hope his mask will some day be unveiled everyone e would love to see who da man behind the madness in loopy town really is. As we all love his writings and vast knowledge . Keep on jellin

That post is a Jelly prodigy in the making...just has that Jelly "twang"

BiG Boar
09-11-2013, 07:18 AM
I have been a forum (non contributing) member for a short while

I have been (lurking) the forum looking at many threads / posts on hunting areas

First off....Please don't call yourself a member

The only sort of thing worse than Jelvis on here (blocked long ago as I don't speak portuguese, ukrainian, or icelandic) is guys like you who are scum sucking lurkers that are just using and abusing this forum. Previous to this thread, you've had 7 posts in 6 years. You're the bottom feeder of this sort of website. Nothing much to contribute, no pics of the country or game taken, no stories to tell, not even a good handle (looks more like a Chinese web bot), or even an avatar, just sucking and giving nothing back. This website is made of members who contribute something.

Clearly Jelvis posted something on an area that is your honey hole and you're upset that now everyone knows and will be hitting your hot spot this fall.

Crawl back under your 1 postayear rock and go back to Mr Lurker....

Piperdown
09-11-2013, 07:24 AM

The only sort of thing worse than Jelvis on here (blocked long ago as I don't speak portuguese, ukrainian, or icelandic) is guys like you who are scum sucking lurkers that are just using and abusing this forum. Previous to this thread, you've had 7 posts in 6 years. You're the bottom feeder of this sort of website. Nothing much to contribute, no pics of the country or game taken, no stories to tell, not even a good handle (looks more like a Chinese web bot), or even an avatar, just sucking and giving nothing back. This website is made of members who contribute something.

Clearly Jelvis posted something on an area that is your honey hole and you're upset that now everyone knows and will be hitting your hot spot this fall.

Hey Big Boar now tell us how you really feel :)

r106
09-11-2013, 07:44 AM

haha Don't hold back now lol

r106
09-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Can you prove Jelly isn't one of those listed above?

Are we getting closer to finding out who Jelly really is?

Who knew Jelly had this much back up

Darksith
09-11-2013, 08:14 AM
If a mod hit the ban button, I doubt there would be many people complaining that rmcda1 is no longer with us...

ruger#1
09-11-2013, 09:18 AM
If a mod hit the ban button, I doubt there would be many people complaining that rmcda1 is no longer with us...
And that is the honest truth.

Weatherby Fan
09-11-2013, 09:30 AM
BigBoar is my idol, your the greatest buddy !

09-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Wow! I have got good at Speed reading and scanning for the good posts! Big Boar, you got it... lil more harsh then i would have put it but hey...
Cool thin is it only took me like 5 minutes to scroll through, scan and identify the gooders!

Rmcda1.
you got your opinion... no one here aggrees with you... all you are doing now is trolling.

BUT! Remember,, there is a fine line here though lol.... I was getting in shit from a few guys for posting too much.. so... you can get it both ways.

Fella
09-11-2013, 09:50 AM
Rmcawhateveryournameis I thought part of the hunting experience was exploring and climbing the mountain to see what's on the other side? The guys on here are great at pointing you in the right direction, but what happened to pulling out a map and deciding for yourself where you want to look?

Barracuda
09-11-2013, 10:09 AM

Pure awesome sauce :lol:

Roughneck Country
09-11-2013, 10:11 AM
jell the buck slayer from the loops talks the talk and walks the walk he's the real deal yo. His writings are genius genuine just awsome . A story teller a dreamer a ridge walker. The characters he's introduced us to are to real to be faken legends in the bc hunting world. It takes a pro to write the way he does. I just hope his mask will some day be unveiled everyone e would love to see who da man behind the madness in loopy town really is. As we all love his writings and vast knowledge . Keep on jellin

wtf??????????

hare_assassin
09-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Drill is getting warmer hah, never thought of that eh rcmd?
thanks dril

The hint you posted earlier didn't go unnoticed. I know that spot. ;)

Jelvis
09-11-2013, 11:39 AM
You want up to date try a tree cam, lots of people have gone to the tree cams.
It gives you the date and time on the picture.
But don't forget photo shop.
Are the regions still there?
Region 1: Vancouver Island
Region 2: Lower Mainland
Region 3: Thompson-Nicola
Region 4: Kootenay
Region 5: Cariboo
Region 6: Skeena
Region 7: Omineca-Peace
Region 8: Okanagan
BC hunting Regions by J Parsley
- Invented by my imagination and my education while reading print in English
Helping to be your hunting guide. Updated region by region right b4 your eyes.
Jel (Hunting Tips) Good game care makes the difference between yikes and oh yah

09-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Jel, There are now these things called "Sub units" so you dont just got 8 units anymore each MU is split up into many Units!... And 7 has recently been split up into "7A and 7B"
you need to get out of the 70's! lol

Jk

RINO
09-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Ruger#1...

I'm thinking at his age PMS might be a issue.. As for your wife, you just have to look into a mirror and see her dilemma ..!! :-D

Jelvis
09-11-2013, 11:48 AM
You need to study that's for sure. Regions and Mu's. New reg changes and the leh rules as well.
Study your hunting spots closer to home and save on money and still have good hunting opportunities, know the regs and boundaries and you'll have fun too.
I hunt deer the most, mule deer. Some moose over a lot of years basically
So I don't have to know regions other than my Region 3 Thompson-Nicola.
Jel (the Rock) Know your role and shut the pie hole ..

rmcda1
09-11-2013, 03:29 PM
As long as everyone knows ( they do now) that you use others information / articles that is 29 years old - including region 3!!
Know my role? what is yours? People who present three decade old information ( I mean you) should realize they may be misinfoming others. It is misleading for you to do so, and of questionable motivation. I imagine that this forum is a large part of your life. But shouldn't you be credible?

You need to study that's for sure. Regions and Mu's. New reg changes and the leh rules as well.
Study your hunting spots closer to home and save on money and still have good hunting opportunities, know the regs and boundaries and you'll have fun too.
I hunt deer the most, mule deer. Some moose over a lot of years basically
So I don't have to know regions other than my Region 3 Thompson-Nicola.
Jel (the Rock) Know your role and shut the pie hole ..

ruger#1
09-11-2013, 03:44 PM
http://youtu.be/zQBLeOgp30E

Rackem
09-11-2013, 04:08 PM
As long as everyone knows ( they do now) that you use others information / articles that is 29 years old - including region 3!!
Know my role? what is yours? People who present three decade old information ( I mean you) should realize they may be misinfoming others. It is misleading for you to do so, and of questionable motivation. I imagine that this forum is a large part of your life. But shouldn't you be credible?

Ok Mr Troll, nobody cares about your little girly hissy fit. I know that your sole purpose was to find out who you could pick on to stir the shit. You probably don't even care, this whole thing was staged for a reaction, but if you are genuinely upset by the "old" info....

Why don't you crawl back under whatever rock you came out from and leave Jelly alone? Jelly's role is entertainment, information and misinformation, as well as genuine support, encouragement and kindness, and if you aren't smart enough to figure that out, well I guess tough titty for you.

Oh I'm sorry? You are ButtHurt about it? Oh poor grumpy crybaby poopy pants!

Oh I forgot to tell you, there is a great spot called Spences Bridge where there are MONSTER rams just waiting around for you...Enjoy!

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w324/THEWHIZY3K/butthurt-form.jpg

RINO
09-11-2013, 04:26 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6Z5UgLY1qvg/TjdjFjZ2NWI/AAAAAAAABzQ/aRgQIFiH0vE/s1600/baby-close-up-frowning.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRCdaFBDLQ_4kLlqnyi4NcaYFQUWdqT vWanDSKO43RdzGiK7kY

wondering which one fits??

ruger#1
09-11-2013, 04:28 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6Z5UgLY1qvg/TjdjFjZ2NWI/AAAAAAAABzQ/aRgQIFiH0vE/s1600/baby-close-up-frowning.jpg

Jelvis
09-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Just quessing butt I think rcmb is about from 16 years old to 22.
Lives in the Lower Strangeland
Has hunted with one other but never by her/him self
Hunted up by Spences Bridge and down by Anderson Creek above and Beyond Hope
Haha .. stays inside and lurks on HBC all day and a little CNN at late nite
Quite thin build and or is obese not really sure, tending to thin.
Going baldish, thinning hairs.
Wants to be big and strong but knows that ain't going to happen too soon.
Just wanted to know one tenth of what the average hunter knows on the intra web. Lives all by himself or in his/her moms basement
Wants certain members attention and wood do almost anything to get a little bit
Doesn't think about all the time some hunters put in to make a thread or post meaningful and relate with other individuals to help each other mutate and leave humanity behind.
Jel ( Zeroing in on ) Everyone knows now you hunt Anderson River and got skunked

Rackem
09-11-2013, 04:53 PM
LOL he talks about hunting "between" illnesses, so it's possible he is a lonely shut in looking for attention and praise, very sad...But perhaps that was just to throw us off who he really is, since with trolls, they often post false personal information to throw the dogs off the scent...

I am betting he is a kid with too much time on his hands and no productive way to rid himself of the pent up energy...

Darksith
09-11-2013, 04:55 PM

here is where you have gone astray. This forum doesn't charge people, nor claim to "get you an animal". And guess what, you shouldn't believe anything just because some guy told you so on the internet. Also this isn't designed to be a "how to" for hunters. Have I ever taken anything Jelvis said to the bank...most certainly not. Have I taken others advice and struck out? Yup. Does that mean it was their fault? Not a chance. What do you want from a hunting forum? Who knows cause you don't contribute, you simply lurk and leach and now your upset about it for some reason. You know what the contributing members want from HBC? We want stories, pictures, things to pass some time, and our jaws to hit the floor when a cranker is shot. We want to be jealous of each other, and people to be jealous of us. We also want to promote hunting and encourage each other to continue to enjoy what we love, hunting, which means getting out there, not going there. You simply don't get it, it is plainly obvious...probably never will. You think you are outing jelvis...well guess what, he can't be outed, most certainly not by you, he outed himself a long time ago, you just missed it...its that simple.

Ubertuber
09-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Whoa, what a lame thread. Really OP, you don't have any thing better to do?

Jelvis
09-11-2013, 05:07 PM
You know hunters this isn't about one member or two or three, it's about this fabulous Hunting BC site, it's not about us, it's all about this top notch, top of the world, hunting bc. And when we as an individual member or a small group of three or four make it look like the site isn't this or that, we are fooling ourselves, this site is a huge community of hunter friendly real people in this here province of ours. Some hunters from back east and over seas people. gamehunter is in N.Z.
Sharing, old and new hunting stories and information, showing and telling, talking new proposals and changes in regulations and leh.
So appreciate the flow and grow into a hunter of wild game and enjoy some venison
Jelly Doh Nut

PointMan
09-11-2013, 05:11 PM
rbcdl, grab a rifle, jump in the truck, hit the bush and enjoy life, by getting one! IBTL!

REMINGTON JIM
09-11-2013, 05:13 PM
BigBoar is my idol, your the greatest buddy !

Mine TOO if hes yours :wink: but you did tell me Gatehouse was your real Idol ! :-D LOL RJ

frenchbar
09-11-2013, 05:15 PM
no more pickin on my Uncle jelly......

Rackem
09-11-2013, 05:20 PM

Love this Big Boar!

Jelvis
09-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Big Boar is growlin at rcmb and calling him/her out.
rcmb must be shakin right now. That's a big bear

nano
09-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Jelvis, buddy keep on posting like you always do! I sure enjoy exploring the areas you post about even if there is no game. You have help me take the step from 2 hunts a year to a full addiction all because you gave me something to start with!

thank -you sir

Nano

quadrakid
09-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Jelvis,a storyteller ,a dreamer ,a ridge walker, that's a classic, thanks to Rides His Bike To Work

Salty
09-11-2013, 06:38 PM
rcm?(letters) you seem a little keen to keep this going, more than a one post a year kind of person would, who's sock puppet are you anyway?

Bones
09-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Not saying anything ,but I have seen what has happened to areas where well meaning people have posted locations .We could do better with pics stories and how we hunt.Nothing like good stories and pics.A good hunter will find his own game and be better off for it.

Jelvis
09-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Something behind this rcmb, like Salty the sea Captain is pickin up vibes on the coast
Only seven posts since 2007. This is very strange one post a year?
And now quad drippling that number in one day? Breaking away from?
A puppet sitting behind the small screen, very young in speech the mind racing from too much Red Bull, smokin ciggy butt after ciggy butt every day all day.
Something happened in your short life rc, and it caused a root of bitterness to sprout and spring up on your heart of hearts, you cood b right butt I ain't wrong. (Kid Rock)
rc Kid Rock said that first and I repeated it iz dat ok wit chew??
We are not perfect r, nun of us, only God is perfect and JC His Son.
That's from the bible rc, I dint right that one either , ah but hey i bore oad itlol.
King James Version the Original translated from Hebrew and Greek into English
.. Balls To the Wall by Accept or Behind Blue Eyes .. No One Knows What it's like
2 b the bad man 2 b the sad man behind blue eyes .. the sad man tellin only lies that's by The Who their singin bout you and blame you! Your hours only lonely
You could be right but I ain't wrong .. is by Kiiiiiiiiiid Raw Hahwwwwk.
Jelvis ( You ) don no wad iz like to be the bad man to be the sad man ..

BiG Boar
09-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Not saying anything ,but I have seen what has happened to areas where well meaning people have posted locations.

Jelvis is a wind bag.

still bitter from 2008 eh? Jelly ruin your spot too?

Big Lew
09-11-2013, 08:14 PM
" I have seen what has happened to areas where well meaning people have posted locations ."

This is by no means limited to this forum....magazines like BC Outdoors and others like it that feature stories about successful hunters and fisher-persons, giving detailed directions and just what it took, including equipment and the time of day and year
constantly ruin 'honey holes' that other outdoors people think they have discovered and tried to keep secret, or at least local.
Information generously given by thread, post, or pm, is offered by fellow members, including myself, in the spirit of sharing with like-minded members....it's too bad, and very sad, that it is also used by non-contributing lurkers. In reality, there are very few, if any places in BC that someone at one time or another hasn't also been hunting or fishing. As an example, I've hiked far back into the high country near Valhalla Park thinking I'd be alone, only to run into prospectors and other hunters.

Abashai
09-11-2013, 08:21 PM
This thread is kinda hilarious! I just assume everything I read on here is some guy BS'ing. I've had some very helpful people point me in the right direction and I've tried to do the same with what little I know.
C'mon lighten up and let people BS and if the info is old... well any info you get from anybody isn't going to be their most recent discovery.

Anyways I'll go back to my bottom sucking lurking... ;)

Bones
09-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Nothing personal Big Boar just saying.Talked to our CO back then and now for that matter and they did not like it either.They patrolled one internet advertised road and checked 58 hunters.A little much for 15 km of road.As said I like the stories and pics,but find a good area share it with friends not the whole world.Give the game a chance to .Let the hunters be hunters.

Burnabyred
09-11-2013, 08:40 PM
says a thousand words...

Burnabyred
09-11-2013, 08:41 PM
well shoot, that didn't work out as planned. Loved the baby pic

Bones
09-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Big Lew,sorry man ,just because somebody else did it does not make it right.Most hunters share results not location and that's a good thing.What is productive about jamming 300 hunters into 50 square miles.

Salty
09-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Then those 300 hunters aren't somewhere else? Stampedes of hunters to certain areas has been going on long before the internet. Be it magazine articles, a record buck or just the moccasin telegraph going nuts. Its just the way it is. Eventually they'll move on and its a big province and easy to avoid the gong shows

Big Lew
09-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Big Lew,sorry man ,just because somebody else did it does not make it right.Most hunters share results not location and that's a good thing.What is productive about jamming 300 hunters into 50 square miles.

You're absolutely correct, and that's why I now give specific locations only by pm. I gave detailed info on the Anderson watershed a couple of years ago, and the next thing I knew, it seemed half of the lower mainland hunters were checking it out, many not active members on this site. I won't even bother going to most lakes featured in magazines such as BC Outdoors anymore because I know it will be a zoo and terribly crowded.

Jelvis
09-11-2013, 09:28 PM
It's getting expensive to drive far away from home and leave everything behind for older hunters not quite retired but close, so stick to closer to home.
The young guns can go out driving all over
The middle aged can group hunt on leh or truck pool into elk and sheep cuz they plan their time off around hunting season outings away with hunting buds.
You need to find your niche, and focus on your planned goal. Concentrate and focus.
Use past info, present info and future info to enhance your hunting success.
Proposals in the future like next years changes and add ons.
Jel (the Total) Package

adriaticum
09-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Jesus Maria Torres Perez Gonzales Garcia
How long are we going to be beating this dead horse...

Darksith
09-12-2013, 08:29 AM
couple more pages Im sure ;)

Iron Glove
09-12-2013, 09:18 AM
I'm basically a lazy, close to home hunter. Road hunting is my specialty ( Fisher Dude was my hero ). Have been spoiled by having a place in Tulameen where as we all know, bucks roam the streets year round, begging to be shot and carried back to your freezer. :wink: I don't hunt anywhere else because it's just so darn easy there. Walk out back, plug something and back in the cabin before the good wife wakes and starts my breakfast.
Now we have bought a place in Hope and by reading Jelly's summaries, be they plagiarized from the 1800's or whatever, I am now excited about hunting close to our Hope house.
Jelly, I'm hoping there are some honey ( Jelly? ) holes within walking distance, any ideas?

Ltbullken
09-12-2013, 10:02 AM
I say approach everything stated by HBC members with a healthy dose of 'enquiry'. Test the information against what you have experienced and know, ask for details and examples, dates, age of info on roads, habitat, etc. If someone says 'do this', I hope that there is an example to back it up to give some demonstration that it is indeed (or somewhat) accurate or plausible. That advice applies to everything really!

srupp
09-12-2013, 10:29 AM
hmmm gotta jump in before headed out hunting in am...most information I have gleaned has been by PM and I have never found anything suspect...I have personally been as open with information as I can be..again by PM..I have learned amazing information on many aspects of life and living here and among them is making me a better hunter some how to..... some where to..I have learned Bigbore is fearless...When I have asked for information or help I have always received wonderfully accurate and useful information and have tried to do so in return...this site has helped me in so many ways..and I hope I have returned some of those favors...... and when suggesting specific lakes or times or locations I never supply the same to 2 hunters in a season..there are plenty of locations in Bc.... steven

Muliechaser
09-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Some of that "old" info is still valid. Some areas dont change. Nunbers fluctuat ect. And some areas change every year. Could be a hot place to be one year then nothing all season . To many factors to put into play when tryig to figure out y when blah blah. Still doesnt hurt to take a look!

Mc

rmcda1
09-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Arrogant, eccentric, egocentric, self absorbed, dishonest, deceptive, plagiarizer, all credibility lost, some laughing with you, some at you.

Something behind this rcmb, like Salty the sea Captain is pickin up vibes on the coast
Only seven posts since 2007. This is very strange one post a year?
And now quad drippling that number in one day? Breaking away from?
A puppet sitting behind the small screen, very young in speech the mind racing from too much Red Bull, smokin ciggy butt after ciggy butt every day all day.
Something happened in your short life rc, and it caused a root of bitterness to sprout and spring up on your heart of hearts, you cood b right butt I ain't wrong. (Kid Rock)
rc Kid Rock said that first and I repeated it iz dat ok wit chew??
We are not perfect r, nun of us, only God is perfect and JC His Son.
That's from the bible rc, I dint right that one either , ah but hey i bore oad itlol.
King James Version the Original translated from Hebrew and Greek into English
.. Balls To the Wall by Accept or Behind Blue Eyes .. No One Knows What it's like
2 b the bad man 2 b the sad man behind blue eyes .. the sad man tellin only lies that's by The Who their singin bout you and blame you! Your hours only lonely
You could be right but I ain't wrong .. is by Kiiiiiiiiiid Raw Hahwwwwk.
Jelvis ( You ) don no wad iz like to be the bad man to be the sad man ..

Rackem
09-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Arrogant, eccentric, egocentric, self absorbed, dishonest, deceptive, plagiarizer, all credibility lost, some laughing with you, some at you.

You are a douche aren't you? Seriously bug off and go somewhere else. Put Jelvis on your ignore list if you are so offended. But picking on him doesn't fly here.

rageous
09-12-2013, 10:53 AM
I'd take jelvis huntn over your bitter arse any day! and I know I'm not alone...

Darksith
09-12-2013, 11:52 AM

bored, feeling of entitlement, no credibility, all are laughing at you, eccentric, controlling, vigilantism... you want to judge someone, well then let us judge you as well

Salty
09-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Maybe go back to your old handle this sock puppet thing ain't working at all. Epic fail dood.

Mishka
09-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Ban this guy (rmcda1) ! He is making this way too personal and attacking a long standing member of HBC. He needs to get a life.

Drillbit
09-12-2013, 11:59 AM

Get back to us when your balls drop

Salty
09-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Actually the old handle's prolly banned guess that wouldn't work. Maybe just go away then.

Ltbullken
09-12-2013, 12:08 PM
You are a douche aren't you? Seriously bug off and go somewhere else. Put Jelvis on your ignore list if you are so offended. But picking on him doesn't fly here.

Yup... X 2 !

Salty
09-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Ban this guy (rmcda1) ! He is making this way too personal and attacking a long standing member of HBC. He needs to get a life.

Thing is though, every time he posts he makes himself look even more delusional. Maybe they should let him hang out there a dance a little while longer, to remove all doubt :mrgreen: Still can't figure who he is (was). Maybe one of the special people..

RINO
09-12-2013, 12:20 PM

As soon as the Gatekeeper gets back...

09-12-2013, 12:32 PM
We gotta be getting close to IBTL

Jelvis
09-12-2013, 12:56 PM
She's/he's been on since 2007 so prolly watched all of you, not just some, studying and comparing posts by hundreds of others. Lurking and swirling in the back door and windows of your intentions. Spying and pming his/hers mischeviousness with two others or so.
Playing silly bugger and winning bigtime.
Anyone wood say just don't respond and the attention will fade from this secret admirerer whose been shunned and wanted to bring it out so this is the way he/she chosed to do it.
Just because I dint return your pm is no reason to make up your own stories.
Jel .. R.I.P. .. some have past on -- put the bottle down

RINO
09-12-2013, 01:05 PM
She's/he's been on since 2007 so prolly watched all of you, not just some, studying and comparing posts by hundreds of others. Lurking and swirling in the back door and windows of your intentions. Spying and pming his/hers mischeviousness with two others or so.
Playing silly bugger and winning bigtime.
Anyone wood say just don't respond and the attention will fade from this secret admirerer whose been shunned and wanted to bring it out so this is the way he/she chosed to do it.
Just because I dint return your pm is no reason to make up your own stories.
Jel .. R.I.P. .. some have past on -- put the bottle down

Substance Abuse would be the only logical excuse for Its Dribble and Aggression...
Sad when a person looses control of his/her actions..
rmcda#1 .... Good Thoughts are heading your way.. Good Luck with your Struggle..

outdoorsk
09-12-2013, 01:09 PM

Not sure what your malfunction is but you need to get lost. Why pick on him? What the hell did he do to you. I don't know Jelvis personally but seems to be a decent person just like most of the people on here. For one exception YOU.

cloverphil
09-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Are you serious? get a life, go hunting.

Weather the info is 29 years old or from yesterday he is doing more to help newbs than you are on here. Are you going to give away your honey holes? Probably not.
I have to agree here

thanks for the info you gave me Jelvis

now quit your bitchin n whining and go hunting boys

luckofthedraw
09-12-2013, 01:56 PM
^^^^ I also agree with above. Its info found online. Learn to appreciate the help. Bitch somewhere else.

Cookie1965
09-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Dude, if the accuracy of information on the internet is your biggest worry you're doing OK. Let it go, use the internet for it's third most popular purpose, watch a kitten video and chill.

ruger#1
09-12-2013, 02:25 PM

Cookie1965
09-12-2013, 02:30 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/cookie1965/arguing-internet_zpsd83b2baa.jpg (http://s48.photobucket.com/user/cookie1965/media/arguing-internet_zpsd83b2baa.jpg.html)

Rackem
09-12-2013, 02:31 PM
http://www.menshealth.co.uk/cm/menshealthuk/images/zD/05-cryingman-290212-de.jpg

Salty
09-12-2013, 02:42 PM
I just looked in to my crystal ball and consulted the spirits and the powers that be. It appears that some are ready to or already have used the report a post function.... woah... the sock puppet's days are number edd

09-12-2013, 04:17 PM
I didn't bother clicking on this thread until now because...well there was enough in the title to disuade me. Then I noticed...17 pages. This must be some awesome filled thread. Now I am mad at all of you for not making an awesome thread. I feel....misled.

Darksith
09-12-2013, 04:25 PM
I didn't bother clicking on this thread until now because...well there was enough in the title to disuade me. Then I noticed...17 pages. This must be some awesome filled thread. Now I am mad at all of you for not making an awesome thread. I feel....misled.

17 pages? Holy cow...I only have 5 pages worth. You need to change your settings so you see more posts per page...too many clicks on next will make you crazy

09-12-2013, 04:27 PM
17 pages? Holy cow...I only have 5 pages worth. You need to change your settings so you see more posts per page...too many clicks on next will make you crazy

I'd ask you how to do that, but you'd probably quote something out of a Commodore Vic 20's owner's manual.

Rackem
09-12-2013, 04:40 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6chfuyeW41qadi39o1_500.gif

Gateholio
09-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Nice to see members sticking up for our buddy Jelvis when he is attacked by a meanie :)

iatl ;)