PDA

View Full Version : 7-18 Grizz HUNT.

red dragon
09-10-2013, 08:29 AM
Hey, I am new to bear hunting and have a Grizz draw for 7-18 and I was just wondering if anyone has any info for that area like road conditions and bridges. I heard theres salmon in some of the rivers and creeks up there would that be a place to start looking ? What other tags should I bring as I dont know whats up there. Thanks any help or info would be appreciated.

pnbrock
09-10-2013, 09:36 AM
There was a thread earlier where a fella shot a bear in 7-18 and bear beat him up a bit. Then a member of Hbc went and took his bear hide. Would love to know if the guy did right thing and returned hide. Big bears on the mcgreagor that's for sure.

srupp
09-10-2013, 11:21 AM
hmmm have hunted grizzly up there..pm me if interested in suggestions??

steven

sawmill
09-10-2013, 11:24 AM
Isn`t region 7 around Dawson Creek/Peace country?No salmon there.Wrong side of the mountains.

pnbrock
09-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Upper Fraser area !

Amphibious
09-10-2013, 12:02 PM
Isn`t region 7 around Dawson Creek/Peace country?No salmon there.Wrong side of the mountains.

Regs read you must. find out that there are two region sevens you will.

swampthing
09-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Its thick nasty country. You have 2 access points. The walker FSR or the pass lk FSR. Best bet for bears is the high country. Its tough access to the high country though. The pass lk road is pothole rough. An atv is best for covering ground but a pickup works. I know the salmon are there but I have yet to ever see one! Have fun up there. I hate the country but I keep going back.

heybert
09-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Know 7-17 more than 7-18, but have hunted the area between 7-17 and Kakwa park. There are a lot of grizzlies up there. Once you pass the turnoff to Sande Road, make camp by the river and concentrate on the area across the road. It is thick and hard to negotiate since it's been reforested 20-25 years ago. The trees are now taller, but the old trunks are still there and hard to see. The climb is gradual though in some area. Good luck.