PDA

View Full Version : How long do you have to wait?

The Silent Stalker
09-09-2013, 11:40 PM
Please delete.

The Silent Stalker
09-10-2013, 12:03 AM
Ok, let me re-phrase, it says on the license you must wait 2 days. If I got my cougar tag sunday afternoon around 4pm, can you shoot Tuesday morning or do you have to wait until 48hrs after you buy the tag? If I bought a new rifle on Sunday and someone asked me on Tuesday when I got it, I would say 2 days ago, not 37hrs ago. What's you thoughts?

Weatherby Fan
09-10-2013, 04:48 AM
I would think they mean 2 calender days so if you bought it Sunday you should be good to go on Tuesday morning.

camo-redneck
09-10-2013, 05:07 AM
The last one I purchased the guy had to put the time I got it at. Maybe it means 48 hours from then??

digger dogger
09-10-2013, 06:38 AM
Tag not valid for 48 hrs after you buy it...

steel_ram
09-10-2013, 07:27 AM
One day = 24 hrs. Two days = 48 hrs.

reach
09-10-2013, 10:45 AM
The actual regulation (http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/17_8_99#section6) says this:

Species licence not valid until 2 days after the date of issue

A species licence for bobcat, caribou, cougar, grizzly bear, lynx, mountain goat, mountain sheep or wolverine is not valid until 2 days after the date of issue.
[en. B.C. Reg. 138/2002, s. (a).]
Doesn't clarify much in my mind. So does that mean it's valid on the 2nd day (say you buy today, the 10th, would it be valid on the 12th?) or do two full days have to pass after the date of issue (valid on the 13th)?

sawmill
09-10-2013, 11:04 AM
The last one I purchased the guy had to put the time I got it at. Maybe it means 48 hours from then??

That`s right.But feel free to take a chance,your dime.

The Silent Stalker
09-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Again, it says two days, not 48hrs. Two calendar days? All tags have the time put on them. I am going to ask my C.O. neighbour if I see him today and see what he says. Not that I will take it as the final unless he confirms, but will ask him.

digger dogger
09-10-2013, 11:43 AM
The actual regulation (http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/17_8_99#section6) says this:

Doesn't clarify much in my mind. So does that mean it's valid on the 2nd day (say you buy today, the 10th, would it be valid on the 12th?) or do two full days have to pass after the date of issue (valid on the 13th)?

2 days =48 hours.. If you bought your tag at 8am friday, it will be valid @ 8am sunday...

RiverOtter
09-10-2013, 04:57 PM
If it they meant 48 hours, they would have simply put it on the tag.

By your logic, a tag bought Friday at nightfall, wouldn't be "usefull" until Monday at legal light, or roughly 60 hours.

BuckNaked
09-10-2013, 05:02 PM
If it they meant 48 hours, they would have simply put it on the tag.

By your logic, a tag bought Friday at nightfall, wouldn't be "usefull" until Monday at legal light, or roughly 60 hours.

I think this is why the time is now recorded on your tag when you buy it. ie. if you buy it Friday at 4:30pm, you better not be caught Sunday before 4:30pm with an animal. Technically 2 days have passed but not 48 hours. It would be an interesting case.

KodiakHntr
09-10-2013, 07:31 PM
No.

It says it isn't valid until the 2nd day after purchase. Not 48 hours.
Buy a tag at 8 pm friday, ready to use at legal light Sunday....

You guys making the "they write the time down on the tag" argument, what would be the purpose then of writing the time on a deer tag?
It's so you can't go out and shoot a deer at 8 am and then run into town, buy a tag at 3pm, and go back to get it....

rcar
09-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Legally, 2 Days is very clear. A day is 12:00:00am to 11:59:59PM. Buy it Monday at 11:59 pm and you can shoot, first light Wednesday morning. The whole idea of this rule, as I see it, is to give game a chance. Most of us would never buy that tag unless we were specifically hunting with dogs and had planned the trip. It is there to keep the deer hunter from running into town and grabbing a tag and hammering the cat he saw that afternoon....or more likely to prevent the guy who decided to hammer the cat and then run into town and get a tag after the fact.

sawmill
09-11-2013, 08:34 AM
And yet another guy trying to sideways the rules.Why the hell is there always some one? FYI...that`s why they put time of purchase on the damn tag.Quit trying a sneak play and follow the rules.

steel_ram
09-11-2013, 12:16 PM
"Technically", two(2) days is 48 hrs anywhere on this planet.

RiverOtter
09-11-2013, 04:58 PM
And yet another guy trying to over read the rules...Why the hell is there always some one?

Time of purchase is a recent addition to hunting licences, what did they use before that; The honor system????

Licence itself clearly states "...Licences are not valid until two days after the DATE of issue"

No mention of TIME of issue and definately no mention of 48 hours after TIME of issue. I'll happily take my "chances" hunting on the second day after the DATE of issue.

KodiakHntr
09-11-2013, 05:30 PM
And yet another guy for whom reading comprehension is an after thought.

If it were 48 hours, it would say "48 phucking hours", not "valid two days after issue".

There is no point in me agreeing with your interpretation sawmill, because then we'd BOTH be wrong......

steel_ram
09-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Licence itself clearly states "...Licences are not valid until two days after the DATE of issue"

Worded that way I read second calendar day after issue is probably what it means. "Two Sleeps", might be more appropriate for dolts who leave that late to purchase tags to understand. Most of us it wouldn't be an issue. BC regs. are always over written. Every word change in the book requires meetings, studies and multiple heli-jet rides between committee's. That's how the bureaucracy works. Check out a definition from Alberta, Washington or Alaska and they are way more to the point.

"Two days", if worded that way, absolutely means 48hr.

The Silent Stalker
09-11-2013, 10:41 PM
And yet another guy trying to sideways the rules.Why the hell is there always some one? FYI...that`s why they put time of purchase on the damn tag.Quit trying a sneak play and follow the rules.
Hey Sawmill before you tag me as someone trying to sideways anything, maybe think.
Read any of my posts, in the bush I don't mess around and I am not looking to break any rules. Just a single dad who can't buy every tag at once, was very busy for the last few weeks and went to get my cougar tag as soon as I had a chance on the weekend(sunday afternoon). Lat time I checked Tuesday was two days after Sunday. Having bought it Sunday trumps any chance of me trying any funny business on Tuesday.

BlacktailStalker
09-11-2013, 11:23 PM
I think if a guy could be concerned he'd need to have 48 hours pass after licence purchase AND actually be able to find and shoot a cat in that period, he should go buy a lottery ticket cuz thats some damn luck and then some ! The 48hrs is a good thing to have in place, too bad there aren't enough CO's to catch the guys who DO shoot cats on sight and tag them with an illegal tag bought after the fact. Good luck on your quest !

dingdongdenny
09-12-2013, 03:36 PM
it says two days, if i bought one now thursday, 2 days would be 12:01 saturday
but i wouldn't shoot at that time so it would be at legal light sat.
If some of you want to wait til 15:35 sat, fly at her fill your boots lol

The Silent Stalker
09-13-2013, 09:19 AM
Talked to the CO this morning and asked him. He said two days is two moons and two sunrises. He doesn't think any CO would give you hassles, two days is calendar days, he says if they wanted 48hrs between, the licence would say 48hrs. Now this doesn't matter anymore, been more than 4 days blah blah. Just to let anyone know what my local CO said. He says he will try to confirm 100% at his next meeting but feels I was totally in the right to hunt Tuesday morning.

emerson
09-13-2013, 01:27 PM
The time is noted on the tag when purchased. There is an assumption that the hunter can tell time, of course.

The Silent Stalker
09-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Just to put this to rest, it will never be an issue again.

reach
09-14-2013, 01:24 PM
it will never be an issue again.
Bahahaha... thanks for the laugh :)

steel_ram
09-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Might seem kinda funny, but "valid after two nights" would actually be a better explanation if they aren't to worried about exactly 48 hrs.

The Silent Stalker
09-14-2013, 03:14 PM
From what the local CO told me, the time is on your tag licence so you don't get caught with a frozen of stiff deer 20 minutes after you bought your tag. Buy a tag for a cat, wait till the second day and have at it. Again, no mention of 48hrs anywhere.