PDA

View Full Version : Hunting near Big White, Beaverdale?

Brando95
09-09-2013, 11:22 PM
Anybody have good spots for the Big White, Beaverdale area? I heard theirs big mulies and some moose country back their. Trade you for some of my spots in the West Kootenays!

tuner
09-10-2013, 08:49 PM
both areas are good . beaverdale area has a good amount of whitetails as well. try to make your way to kettle valley main fsr, you can accesses it by taking r201 (ok falls rd fsr) from big white rd. it can be busy but a good area, equal opportunity for either mullie or WT.rock creek area as well can be good. cheers

358mag
09-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Don't forget to buy a Elk tag more than a few region 8 hard to find 6 point Elk have come from that neck of the woods . good luck

doubled
09-11-2013, 05:31 AM
If you hit Beaverdale late in the season, you will hit the muley migration.

Brando95
09-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Thanks you guys! I really appreciate the help; seriously! I`ll make sure i got an elk tag with me too haha. My dad even wants to hunt that country too since he`s moving out here.

Brando95
09-11-2013, 10:57 PM
What MU is Christian Valley? Im already looking at how many elk tags they gave out this year just to see roughly what i`ll be up against if i get drawn.

rocksteady
09-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Its BEAVERDELL.... learn to read :)

broncoo
09-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Logging has been rediculous the past couple years . It's been hard on the wildlife out that way

Brando95
10-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Beaverdell* my bad lol

monasheemountainman
10-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Lots of deer, Nice area, lots of road hunters

mike_69
10-21-2013, 01:18 AM
Just got back from a hunt up the Kettle FSR North of Damfino... Beware of Wolves if you are in the area as they are more abundant and aggressive than ever. A pack raided our neighbors camp last night and stripped three deer from their meat poles, lucky for us ours were untouched. They would clean out gut bags within hours from any kill sites...
It was really tough hunting there this year, not much for deer moving through and the area is way too over hunted. Very tough to find an area to hunt without running into a dozen other hunters with the same ideas...

GoatGuy
10-21-2013, 07:01 AM
Please report this incident to the COS.

Kanook Senior
10-21-2013, 07:21 PM
mike, How was the road from the pavement to Damfino ? Much logging going on up Damfino Way ?
Heading that way in November. Any help would be great.

Yours in White Tails
Robbie

RiverOtter
10-21-2013, 08:04 PM
mike, How was the road from the pavement to Damfino ? Much logging going on up Damfino Way ?
Heading that way in November. Any help would be great.

Yours in White Tails
Robbie

That end of the Kettle Valley has pretty good roads, though the further north you go the worse it gets. Unfortunately for now, there is a significant amount of fresh logging in the Damfino area. Still plenty of ground south of there though.

mike_69
10-21-2013, 09:41 PM
The road was very well graded up to Rendell, a bit rougher from that point up to hwy 6, but not bad at all. Lots of recent but no current logging around Damfino, there is some equipment doing some clean up and burning in that area. There is current logging up Rendell/Goatskin. As said above, I would stay south of the area but it is your choice. Good luck with the hunt...

300H&H
10-22-2013, 01:41 AM
If you hit Beaverdale late in the season, you will hit the muley migration.

Yeah but it all depends on where you are and the amount of snow. Some times we can't get in to the good spots...just too much snow.

What MU is Christian Valley? Im already looking at how many elk tags they gave out this year just to see roughly what i`ll be up against if i get drawn.

Draws are for Dec/Jan?feb so don't worry.
8-14 is the area.

Brando95
10-22-2013, 10:03 PM
Just got back from a hunt up the Kettle FSR North of Damfino... Beware of Wolves if you are in the area as they are more abundant and aggressive than ever. A pack raided our neighbors camp last night and stripped three deer from their meat poles, lucky for us ours were untouched. They would clean out gut bags within hours from any kill sites...
It was really tough hunting there this year, not much for deer moving through and the area is way too over hunted. Very tough to find an area to hunt without running into a dozen other hunters with the same ideas...

HOLY F*** THATS BAD!!!!! Ya i got a mulie back in the koots (nothing fancy just a little guy) so im not really interested in going to try and fill a whit-tail tag in wolf country. Glad you guys were safe!

Big Lew
10-23-2013, 07:55 AM
Just to keep you interested, the biggest mule deer I've seen in my 53 years of hunting was just below the tower on Mt. Moore. My son and I hunted the area during early bow hunting season. The mountaintop was enveloped in clouds and we surprised him, catching him lying down. His body and rack was so massive we thought he was an elk at first until he stood up and then bounced away. Unfortunately, he never gave me a chance for a good shot. He was at the limit of my comfortable shooting range at the time, 50 yds.

Dannybuoy
10-23-2013, 09:33 AM
When I read this , I cant help but think WTF were the hunters doing while the wolves are taking all their game ? And if wolves come to a gut pile that quickly ....how easy would that be to whack a couple ?

300H&H
10-23-2013, 05:10 PM
When I read this , I cant help but think WTF were the hunters doing while the wolves are taking all their game ? And if wolves come to a gut pile that quickly ....how easy would that be to whack a couple ?

I was thinking much the same thing...the next time I am in wolf country and shoot a deer I will wait around for a while to see what pops its head out.

WKCotts
10-23-2013, 05:29 PM
HOLY F*** THATS BAD!!!!! Ya i got a mulie back in the koots (nothing fancy just a little guy) so im not really interested in going to try and fill a whit-tail tag in wolf country. Glad you guys were safe!

Well grow some balls, get out there and shoot a damn wolf before there are no mulies left to hunt. Or are you just hoping someone else will take care of them?