PDA

View Full Version : Camofire.com

Westcoast 75
09-09-2013, 08:45 PM
I have been thinking about ordering from Camofire, and was wondering what other people's feedback was?

Do they rape and pillage on shipping to PO box in the US,or to my door in Canada for that matter?

I know that a lot of places make quite a bit on shipping, and was just wondering what the costs were for other members to get their stuff shipped to PO box vs Canada?

Ive been learning a ton of info from this site and appreciate all the knowledge from the members on this site!

The Silent Stalker
09-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Ask them to ship with USPS and that should be the cheapest way.

longstonec
09-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Never had a problem ordering from them. If I shipping is more then I think it should be. I don't buy item.

yama49
09-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Been decent on the stuff i have ordered..

Shooter
09-09-2013, 09:51 PM
Never had a problem ordering from them. If I shipping is more then I think it should be. I don't buy item.

Exactly. Make an account and then you can quickly check the shipping for the item. Usually cheap items aren't worth the shipping but on bigger ticket items it is worth it. They break down the shipping and then show you what the costs that are included are. shipping, duties, taxes, I don't think they make anything extra on the shipping.

allan
09-09-2013, 10:33 PM
I ship to a po in Sumas. Bought lots of gear through them. Know what normal prices should be before you pull the trigger. They have very good shipping and return policy.
You can bundle gear when shipping to us address so for a flat rate anything you buy for one week is added for only a Kenny more.

rcar
09-10-2013, 08:03 AM
I have ordered a few times with no problem at all. One time I had to send a pair of boots back because of a sizing issue and they even paid the shipping back to me As was also mentioned make sure they ship USPS!!! UPS will charge a monsterous brokerage fee where Canada Post is usually only $5.

Shooter
09-10-2013, 02:45 PM
No extra fees with Camofire so far on any orders I have made.

Westcoast 75
09-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Sounds good guys! Thanks for the info. Ive got a PO box across Sumas border that I'll ship to, and hopefully wont get charged any duty.

And thanks for the tip about USPS, I've been burned by UPS before too! Damn criminals those guys!!

albravo2
09-10-2013, 08:27 PM
'Pull the trigger' as they say. We've ordered plenty of stuff. Less than $700 I've never had to pay duty, even when I drive across the border, pick it up, and drive straight back.

Interestingly, I'm pretty sure that Black Ovis, Camofire and Core4Element are the same company. Just different distribution models.

We have a bunch of Core4Element stuff and rather like it. Good value for the money.

turbotrev
09-10-2013, 09:02 PM
I bought some some stuff from there, but I wanted to combine the shipping, so I phoned the order in and they let me combine shipping and it was also shipped from their Calgary warehouse so I didn't have to pay the brokerage or duty fees they usually tack on.

Whonnock Boy
09-10-2013, 09:08 PM
I ship to a po in Sumas. Bought lots of gear through them. Know what normal prices should be before you pull the trigger. They have very good shipping and return policy.
You can bundle gear when shipping to us address so for a flat rate anything you buy for one week is added for only a Kenny more.

Strange.... they won't allow me to ship to the PO box. Something about the address of the credit card versus the shipping address.

albravo2
09-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Just traded emails with Camofire on a warranty issue. In April I bought a 1/4 zip merino shirt and the zipper failed right out of the box. I sent it back (their cost) and they fixed it and sent it back to me. It failed again on our hunting trip in August so I sent a frustrated email to customer service.

Within five minutes they responded with an offer of sending a new shirt at no cost. Excellent customer service.

Even a free replacement is a bit of a pain because I need to drive to the US to pick it up but in all fairness to Camofire, that isn't their fault.

I've been very happy with their customer service and am really happy with the products we've bought there.

5.56 Medic
09-13-2013, 11:20 AM
I agree with everyone above. I have ordered a ton of gear this year from them and saved a lot of money! Well actually spent a ton...you know what I mean! I ship to Blaine and pick up and find the shipping cost very reasonable. Black Ovis ships for free but the item cost is a bit more than Camofire.

BCHoyt
09-14-2013, 07:16 AM
I just got my 8th package from camofire yesterday and it only took 3-4 days to get to me.. I checked the shipping label and it appears they are able to send stuff out of Calgary now as that was where it came from... Everything else I have ever ordered came out of the US.. Definitely worth buying from them!!! Loving the Core4Element gear as well!

killman
09-14-2013, 07:26 AM
Shipping is to high unless you are saving big, they add taxes and duties to Canadian items where before they never.

S.Archer
09-14-2013, 09:28 AM
Ordered some stuff from them, but know your prices first, often by the time you pay shipping you can buy it local for cheaper.

paulgug
09-16-2013, 12:31 AM
I have purchased a lot of items from them over the past couple years, and I have never had a major problem. When I have needed to use customer service for minor issues they have been great. But definitely do you research before buying, sometimes their deals aren't as good as they make them out to be. And as for shipping, I have found the prices reasonable, and like another user said if you don't like the shipping price in the checkout, then don't buy it. I have always had my gear shipped to a box in the US, so no experience with shipping direct to Canada, but I can tell you that the shipping is much more.

Westcoast 75
09-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys! I appreciate it. :)

kootenay_jack
09-16-2013, 04:49 PM
I have had no problems shipping to Canada. I got a havalon for $20 + $10 to ship to Canada. They have a good return policy which is nice when ordering from a us website.

barry1974w
09-17-2013, 01:48 AM
Shipping does seem a bit high sometimes, but like the other guys have said, check the shipping first. I've bought a bit of stuff from there in the last little while and when the price is right it works out cheaper even with the shipping included. A buddy also pointed me in the direction of liveoutthere.com and their deal of the day and sale section, got a nice mountian hardware down jacket shipped to my door for $88.00 and some cents