View Full Version : 3-20 Mill Road - 3:26 Paxton Valley

PointMan
09-09-2013, 05:47 PM
I'm planning to do some hunting in these areas this year, just wondering how the numbers are around there, more specifically Mulie, WT, black bear and moose. I've never hunted there before but I lucked out and managed a good weekend hangout there so thought I would look into some new country.

Charts
09-09-2013, 06:12 PM
Paxton has lots of cuts and some nasty roads at times. Hunted there last few years and only saw does. I have taken two outta Mill road and I really like that area. Glass from up high in 3-20 and you'll see them!

#1fishslayer
09-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Paxton has never paid off yet. Saw lots of does never any bucks. Saw a few bigger bulls and the odd bear.

PointMan
09-13-2013, 02:54 PM
I've been looking over the maps of the Paxton Valley area and when I bring up the private land overlay in Google Earth, it shows pretty much every inch of Paxton Vally Road as private land, right up to and past Pillar Lake, any idea what the deal is? Usually it's only the first few kilometers of the FSR then it turns to crown land.

iwing
12-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Hey did you ever get any insight into the private property in this area?

heith proulx
12-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Paxton Valley is almost all private land I know a lot of people that live up there and they all hunt up there and so does each of their families thereare a lot of people and nut much crown land to get access to hunting areas.

wayneec
12-03-2013, 06:26 PM
I lived and hunted out that area for 20 years some good areas in Paxton and some monster buck out there in late season seen one buck was so big looked like and elk go up valentine creek or go the road that cuts over to red rock in westwold nice country up there wt down low moose and mulies up top went there in beginning of oct seen lots or does both mulie and wt and a cow moose right now would be a good time to go for the big guys they hang up high till around now roads might be pretty icy so be careful and good luck