PDA

View Full Version : ARGO drivers, where do you get parts

ytlogger
09-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Argo drivers seem, by definition, to be argo repairers too so where do you source your parts. It's a 2 hour drive to a dealer for me to find out they don't have even the basic essentials in stock so online is a top alternative. I bought mine recently so I'm hoping to get a few hours out of it before a lot of wrenching ensues.

fuzzybiscuit
09-09-2013, 08:54 AM
Last week I bought a 1998 Bigfoot and was wondering the same thing. No dealer around so it will have to be internet shopping for me.

Gun Dog
09-09-2013, 06:19 PM
I do lots of online shopping. For my ATV I use cheapcycleparts.com but I have no idea about Argos. A lot of these online sites are actual dealers that work on volume and stuff gets sent directly from the distributor or manufacturer to your door. I use a PO box in Sumas WA to save on shipping. If you're shipping across the border you have to be careful about brokerage fees from companies like UPS and FedEx. USPS (US Postal Service) is the cheapest and fastest but they're not always an option (they hand off to Canada Post). Sometimes a faster more expensive option (with UPS) includes brokerage and other fees so be careful out there.

orly
09-15-2013, 08:50 PM
Argyll Motorsports out of Edmonton is probably the best resource for argo knowledge and parts in western Canada. Awesome service and they go out of their way to diagnose problems over the phone/email. That's my experience anyways.

ytlogger
09-17-2013, 10:50 AM
I found a great site from the US, Argoparts.com, that looks good and ships to Canada but I'd like to shop Canadian if I can find an equally good source.

Vetteman
09-28-2013, 08:48 AM
I owned an Argo for 14 years. Most of the parts need are bearings, seals and chain. All of this stuff is available at local supply shops at a fraction of the cost compared to buying from an Argo dealer. If the parts are proprietary then they're going to cost $$$$$.
Dave

pnbrock
09-28-2013, 09:20 AM
thought i saw a dealer on loughheed in maple ridge

ytlogger
09-29-2013, 09:54 PM
I owned an Argo for 14 years. Most of the parts need are bearings, seals and chain. All of this stuff is available at local supply shops at a fraction of the cost compared to buying from an Argo dealer. If the parts are proprietary then they're going to cost $$$$$.
Dave

This is true with most any machine, but you have to get all of your numbers by disassembling stuff which can mean replacing seals and so on. I usually buy a spare from the manufacturer or dealer then get the info and go aftermarket. Alternatively you can break down 30 miles from the highway then go looking...

moosecaller
09-29-2013, 10:16 PM
Argyll Motorsports out of Edmonton is probably the best resource for argo knowledge and parts in western Canada. Awesome service and they go out of their way to diagnose problems over the phone/email. That's my experience anyways.

X2 kept my Argo going very helpful lots of knowledge good guys to deal with years of experience

ytlogger
09-30-2013, 09:33 PM
X2 kept my Argo going very helpful lots of knowledge good guys to deal with years of experience

Good to know. Their website almost ignores argo.