PDA

View Full Version : Ram Creek Road :

Kanook Senior
09-06-2013, 08:15 AM
:-D:-DQuestion : Is the road still passable from Wasa side ? Also Lusier Hot Springs through to Upper Bull River road. Heading that way next week. Any help would be great.

mattmckay
09-06-2013, 08:55 AM
The bridge crossing the river at the far end of whiteswan is under repair and out of commission

Buckman
09-06-2013, 09:01 AM
As mattmckay said Bridge at end of Whiteswan willl not be repaired until the end of the month. You can get past that by going up the kootenay river FSR behind Canal Flats and driving up to about 34km and turning down the Whiterock FSR and driving to the white. you can get past the construction on the white in the evening and lots of guys are camping at the grave Creek REC site on the North Fork of the white. There willl be no going through to the Bull River this year as the bridge at 44km on the white is out.

bigneily
09-06-2013, 09:25 AM
If your talking the road through past the ram creek hotties from Skookumchuck that used to join up on the coyote creek road, It is supposed to be unpassable. i'm just going off what I have heard on the street as I have not seen it myself. And the bull road has been fixed to allow traffic from the lower bull all the way to Monroe lake and I would think a person could still keep going down out towards the white area? but I am not that familiar with that area.

riflebuilder
09-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Ram Creek rd been deactivated and beavers have dammed it at the summit. I have made it trough before but I would not recommend trying it.

WKCotts
09-06-2013, 04:57 PM
Quad yes, truck no. It's been deactivated for years.

If your talking the road through past the ram creek hotties from Skookumchuck that used to join up on the coyote creek road, It is supposed to be unpassable. i'm just going off what I have heard on the street as I have not seen it myself. And the bull road has been fixed to allow traffic from the lower bull all the way to Monroe lake and I would think a person could still keep going down out towards the white area? but I am not that familiar with that area.

Mark_S
09-06-2013, 08:31 PM
I barely got my truck right up to the Hot springs at Ram creek a couple weeks ago. The wash out is quite bad. Not work the risk. I felt stupid for trying afterwards since I was alone and would have had a long hike ahead of me. A sjort wheel bade rig or quad is not much problem to get to the Hot springs but I've never explored beyond that.