PDA

View Full Version : VHF radio?

Trophyslayer
09-03-2013, 10:43 PM
I am looking to purchase a VHF radio I hate going around blind corners on narrow roads when there is active logging without knowing if theres a log truck comming my way. Where would a person get one? Any input about makes, models, where to buy, legality and tuning to channels would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ry151
09-03-2013, 10:49 PM
I'm a big fan of icom since the midland days. eBay has a great selection if your looking used or go to websites and use the dealer locator for the brand you chose.

Singleshotneeded
09-03-2013, 11:09 PM
Amazon.com, UHF/VHF radios from China for peanuts! Easy to program on your pc...

mike-juliet
09-12-2013, 07:59 AM
Since you need an Industy Canada license to operate them in Canada, any issues having them shipped up from the states when they hit customs?

I know Metro Mobile Radio in Port Kells sells/programs units, as does Freeway Communication in Abbotsford

Checkout http://www.theantennafarm.com They have a really good selection and the prices seem really fair.

Ry151
09-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Since you need an Industy Canada license to operate them in Canada, any issues having them shipped up from the states when they hit customs?

I know Metro Mobile Radio in Port Kells sells/programs units, as does Freeway Communication in Abbotsford

Checkout http://www.theantennafarm.com They have a really good selection and the prices seem really fair.

Ive used antenna farm also, no issues with the couple radios and software I've boughten.

mike-juliet
09-12-2013, 01:51 PM
Care to elaborate on what youve picked up?

I'm just looking for a basic Mobile VHF that I can either have programmed with BC highway/FSR frequencies or if I can get it in country a user programmable radio that doesnt require a computer science degree to operate.

sed8ed
09-16-2013, 12:03 AM
Give rhecomm.com a call... they do all our radios, the owner PJ is a real character but he knows his stuff and will set up the licencing and so forth for you

Nolan1973
09-16-2013, 05:14 AM
Get a ham radio. Icom has an inexpensive unit and you can easily adjust the frequency to anything yourself. Almost all fsr have the road frequency posted at the start of the road.

abbyfireguy
09-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Look at Ham Radio Outlet. I have bought 5 Kenwood TM 281A radios in the past year. My son,his best friend,my hunting partner and myself all have these radios.
They perform excellent,very good quality and features.
I took the ham radio course at Abbotsford Radio Club...
I even got such a good deal on the radios I bought a spare .
Talk to Pic it Up in Sumas and get a free delivery address. Order your stuff and go pick it up when it arrives.
No fuss,no muss, no problem with customs...
PM me if you need any details or assistance.