PDA

View Full Version : Lost: My Tent

bigwhiteys
09-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Yep... Lost my tent in a drainage off the Muskwa. Tore off my pack in some nasty steep canyon filled with buck brush and willows. Not sure where exactly as it was a really long hike and we couldn't find it on our way out. It's in a Yellow waterproof stuff sack. If you happen to stumble upon it, or know someone who has there is a cash reward for it's return and your trouble... It's a real longshot but I've seen stranger things happen around here :)

The Dawg
09-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Damn...that sucks. Hope someone finds it.

But I was totally thinking of an old joke here...

The Lone Ranger and Tonto are camping in the desert. They set up their tent and are asleep. Some hours later, The Lone Ranger wakes his faithful friend. "Tonto, look up at the sky and tell me what you see."

Tonto replies, "Me see millions of stars." "What does that tell you?" asks The Lone Ranger. Tonto ponders for a minute.

"Astronomically speaking, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Chronologically, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, it’s evident the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow.

What it tell you, Kemo Sabi?" The Lone Ranger is silent for a moment, then speaks: "Tonto, you dummy, someone has stolen our tent".

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
09-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Tell me what drainage and I will go look for it? ....

bigwhiteys
09-02-2013, 08:14 PM
But I was totally thinking of an old joke here...

Haha... Yeah I've heard that one and believe me, the jokes were flying as I spent the week sleeping underneath a tarp in some wicked rain storms too, lol. Thankfully I still have a good sleeping bag.

Tell me what drainage and I will go look for it? ....

lol, I can't do that but I can say it's at least 10 miles off the river.

Drillbit
09-02-2013, 09:52 PM
I never heard back about an Estwing Axe on the Halfway, and I doubt you'll hear about a found tent.

Good luck though these stories sometimes have pretty good twists!

Caveman
09-02-2013, 11:30 PM
lol, I can't do that but I can say it's at least 10 miles off the river.

Did you happen by a camp about 7km up said drainage?

bigwhiteys
09-03-2013, 12:12 AM
Did you happen by a camp about 7km up said drainage?

We came across a couple other backpackers that could have been that distance with a small camp, it was quite a bit beyond that point that I lost her though.

Caveman
09-03-2013, 07:22 AM
We came across a couple other backpackers that could have been that distance with a small camp, it was quite a bit beyond that point that I lost her though.

Any luck with what you were after? That small camp was likely us