PDA

View Full Version : If you were planning on going to a new area this season, where would you go? POLL

Wildman
01-19-2007, 12:42 PM
I should have attached the poll function to my other thread but I did not. Here it is.

The text below is from the original thread;

I am planning our annual hunting trip for next season. We do not want to go back to the same area that we went too last year. We were thinking of either Fort St.John for Moose or Invermere for Mule Deer and Whitetail Deer.
What do you guys think? Where would you think you would want to go if you were going to try out a new spot? It does not have to be Fort St.John or Invermere, you can choose what ever area you would like. I'm just curious.

Gateholio
01-20-2007, 01:57 AM
I am planing on taking a young fellow out to Region 8, to take advantage of the early Youth hunting season..

I hope to get him a chance to put a bullet in a nice deer.:lol:

sawmill
01-20-2007, 07:09 AM
I live in the Koots and love it and I used to live in Dawson Creek and I have a lot of photo`s of the great hunting sucsesses from there.BIG bucks!The only reason I voted for the Peace region is cause I already live in my first choice.One thing I do miss is float hunting the Peace River.We used to put our canoes in at Ft.Snt. John and float down the river to Clayhurst ferry(it`s a bridge now)We would start at 2 in the afternoon and get halfway and spend the night and finish the trip in the early morning,that gave us an evening hunt and a morning hunt.You would drift around a bend in the river and there was a big bull moose getting a drink!We saw way more game than the guys on roads.Try it if you ever get the chance,it is the most enjoyable way to hunt and the river is BIG so there are not any rapids,we would tie 2 canoes together to make them more stable and cut loose to check out side channels then meet back up again.It is about a 60 mile drift and you see the land from a whole new perspective.I do miss that.

Gateholio
01-20-2007, 12:06 PM
I live in the Koots and love it and I used to live in Dawson Creek and I have a lot of photo`s of the great hunting sucsesses from there.BIG bucks!The only reason I voted for the Peace region is cause I already live in my first choice.One thing I do miss is float hunting the Peace River.We used to put our canoes in at Ft.Snt. John and float down the river to Clayhurst ferry(it`s a bridge now)We would start at 2 in the afternoon and get halfway and spend the night and finish the trip in the early morning,that gave us an evening hunt and a morning hunt.You would drift around a bend in the river and there was a big bull moose getting a drink!We saw way more game than the guys on roads.Try it if you ever get the chance,it is the most enjoyable way to hunt and the river is BIG so there are not any rapids,we would tie 2 canoes together to make them more stable and cut loose to check out side channels then meet back up again.It is about a 60 mile drift and you see the land from a whole new perspective.I do miss that.

Sawmill, that sounds great...I did a canoe trip down te Yukon River when I was a teenager, saw lots of game, and it was a great time. Your trips there sound fantastic. I agree, floating down a river in a canoe is far more rewarding than driving in a truck!:lol:

Mr. Dean
01-20-2007, 02:31 PM
I voted for reg 1 as I am planning a bear hunt for there and it is new ground, for me.

My dream zone would be for the Peace.

SAVAGE300
01-20-2007, 07:43 PM
Making plans to take the wife on her first moose hunt up in 7-38, not quite sure where exactly, but if anyone has any good info of the area we would surely be thankful

sawmill
01-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Gatehouse,the Yukon river trip has always been a dream of mine,we used to talk about it when we were on the Peace,lots of time when nothing was happening.I would really like to hear more about that run if you have time to tell it!I don`t reckon I will make that trip but I am floating the Kooteny River this coming summer from Skookamchuck to Fort Steel .God,you gotta love those names!I love this place:lol: I just hope I don`t kill my third digital camera (they hate water,and beer,and falls from great hights)

Deerwhacker
01-21-2007, 04:59 PM
I voted for reg 6. it is the most undesturbed area in bc .I just cant wait till i get a chance at the millions of deer i keep hearing about in the charletts.

30-06
01-21-2007, 05:43 PM
iv gone moose hunting in Region 6,7A, and this is region 7B,moberly lake by chetwynd.i beleive thats how u spell it..were going moose/elk hunting..if anyone has any good info it would be appreciated thanks