PDA

View Full Version : Squamish Ducks and Geese?

albravo2
09-02-2013, 10:15 AM
My son and I would love to start hunting waterfowl. I've been through the threads and nobody seems to reference hunting in the Squamish area.

We have lots of rivers but not a lot of marshy flat land. We have an inflatable boat with a 40hp outboard but the ocean shores are typically pretty steep right down to the water.

Over the years I have seen numerous ducks and geese but I've never seen TONS of them at once and, apart from the marina, I've never seen them in the same place regularly.

Can anyone shine some light on this for me? Not looking for specific locations, just wondering if we should be investing time in scouting for locations.

longstonec
09-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Used to be able to hunt there. But the hikers and bird watchers and hippie bums got upset and now no waterfowling.

albravo2
09-02-2013, 10:50 AM
I know that's true of the area down by the dyke, its now a wetland preserve or some such.

I figured I might be able to go across the Squamish river where there is that big wetland flat at the mouth but even if it isn't part of the preserve it is in city limits, so no shooting.

I was more thinking of going somewhere up one of the valleys. I'm up the Ashlu, Squamish, Elaho and Cheakamus on a regular basis.