PDA

View Full Version : Moose LEH 3-27 For November

alpinetreker
09-02-2013, 08:46 AM
My friends and I drew the LEH bull draw for November. we hunt the area every year for deer in mid October and have seen some moose in there but have never hunted there in mid November and think that after the rut the bulls may have moved from there usual spots. any info would be great. Thanks Kevin

Darksith
09-02-2013, 08:54 AM
its all the same, find the red willows, find the feed, the rut will be over, so its into survival/getting ready for winter mode. Cover lots of ground, but choosey about which ground you investigate. If they aren't there, accept it and move. Good luck, hopefully someone will give you a spot, but if not, use google earth in combo with bing maps aerial photos to figure out what areas you should be getting into

alpinetreker
09-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Thanks I know where the red willows are and that's where we will be hunting around. Im not a huge moose hunter and it wasn't till last year that I found a large area with red willows everywhere and two moose standing in the middle of it. I never in the past had noticed it but for some reason last year it was covered in them.