PDA

View Full Version : Fishin in mission

russm
09-01-2013, 09:14 PM
I was out in the boat for most of the day yesterday between mission and the Vedder looking for pinks and came up with nothing, saw 1 or 2 hooked and lost, quite a few good sized sturgeon jumping. There were quite a few drift nets going by which probably didn't help, was a shame to see the pinks ripped out of the nets and tossed back in the water while only the sockeyes and slings are kept. Did anyone else get out? Still a bit early perhaps?

86k20
09-01-2013, 09:38 PM
We were out today as well fishing at the mouth. 3 male pinks in the boat and had 4 more spit the hook. Had our best luck with pink grubs on pink jig heads and a pink spoon with a white lightning bolt. My buddy caught a white fish too. We tossed it back. 1 of the males was covered in parasites and got tossed back. I some how accidentally foul hooked one on a jig and tossed him back too. Guys in other boats were pullin in fish around us all day.

russm
09-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Apparently the numbers have gotten a little better over the passed couple days, my brother was saying there was some action with the COs down at ridgedale yesterday afternoon.