PDA

View Full Version : Dove Hunting

Amphibious
09-01-2013, 07:55 AM
I have dozens of doves in my backyard every morning fighting the quail for the bird feeders. I live right on the edge of a big hill that is all crown land, but like the quail, I've never seen a single dove outside of the developed area I live in. Lots of Information on Dove Hunting online, but it all seems to pertain to agricultural zones, a far cry from the arid forested hillside I'm hiking. Anyone chase these birds outside of a ranch?

I did stumble upon three of the biggest blue grouse I've ever seen yesterday. I really need a dog :)

Buckmeister
09-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Sorry, can't help you out. Just wanted to post that I have been seeing these little buggers in quite a number of places lately, usually residential, and boy are they annoying. We have about 5 or 6 hanging around our neighborhood and their cooing is getting on the nerves, especially early morning.

123.brewski
09-02-2013, 05:05 AM
I'd like to shoot the ones in my nieghbourhood as well. At first it was kind of neat to see them because i had never noticed them around here before. Now I know why people hunt them.

wrenchhead
09-02-2013, 06:02 AM
Ya they are tough to hunt around here, you only see a couple at a time. If you do plan to hunt them a migratory bird license is required.