PDA

View Full Version : 20 years in the future............

BIGHUNTERFISH
01-18-2007, 08:45 PM
If you could take a walk 20 years in the future,what do you think hunting in B.C will be like?Do you think game populations will be way down or up or just certain species, more lehs ,less hunters or more hunters less restrictions or maybe no hunting at all .Less road hunting or more. What are your thoughts and try to evaluate all aspects .:lol:

Rod
01-18-2007, 09:21 PM
Hmmdm 2027, Liberals have eliminated all other political parties by Orders in Council, firearms banned for 15 years along with other dangerous and unnecessary and dangerous items that can kill and maim suck as knives and sharp sticks none of them are necessary anyway since banny all foods except soilent green.

Wildlife populations have been decimated due to elimination of public funded fish and wildlife branches and the government expropriation of all fish and game club properties as they are deemed terrorist organizations under the latest order in council. In addition the deforistation of Canada by US companies has been completed with no compensation to Canada as this was deemed a natural phenominum. The resulting desert north of the US border has been blamed on exiled Stephen Harper for not fixing the problem during his short tenure.

Unconfirmed reports are circulating that a small piece of BC has been preserved by a cult group let by an ex soldier, this group is said to be holed up in the central interrior. Our current police and military are unable to dislodge them as the standard issue Nerf Guns are no match for the real firearms this crowd has stockpiled.

In a related story the Canadian Liberal Liberation Party has released the latest statistics from the CPORC (Canadian Pointy Object Registration Center) confirm that it is currently tracking 100 "sharp things" still held in civilian hands and the reports that the majority of homes once contained knives, forks and even deadly spoons is just propaganda being circulated by dissidents.

God I must be bored!!

browningboy
01-18-2007, 09:27 PM
probly be nothing around, crazy irainians / koreans with nukes and the global warming?? but back to the question, I think some species will die off, salmon will be gone, rivers too warm, affects grizzlies etc.. Probly be some weird chinese desease that wipes out huge herds of whatever and all hunting is banned etc..
Who the hell knows:lol:

mark
01-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Lets see, probably 90% of all our standing timber will be gone in the next 5 years, (Im just guessing, not an expert, dont slay me!). If im right, id say that should hurt the moose and mulie pop. as they like mature forests. Elk and whitey pops will probably explode! With the mentality of our society, my guess is the hunter numbers will probably continue to drop. There will probably be logging roads to darn near every nook and cranny in BC as they try to log every remaining spruce and fir there is! hence roadhunting! Of course in 20 years it should be alot of christmas trees if aspen doesnt take over! One thing for sure, with global warming and our little pine beetle epidemic, our province WILL be seeing some major changes in the near future!!!!

Will
01-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Well..............we could start to Hunt each other :|
:lol:

mark
01-18-2007, 10:03 PM
Politicians and tree huggers first Will, we hunters are already a minority group!

Mini_Me
01-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Hunting BC will become Hunted BC because Apes will take over the world and we would have to run through corn fields to lose them but they catch use. Oh yeah and all the Polar Bears will die of global warming. Those are my bets.

dana
01-18-2007, 10:41 PM
My bet is things won't look much different from what they look like today. Chances are there will be a new generation on Hunting BC and they will still be bitchin and moanin because the young dana's will be whackin' even bigger bucks than their old man ever did. ;)

Soup
01-18-2007, 11:12 PM
My bet is things won't look much different from what they look like today. Chances are there will be a new generation on Hunting BC and they will still be bitchin and moanin because the young dana's will be whackin' even bigger bucks than their old man ever did. ;)

LMAO!

Too hard to tell, the worst thing to happen is that we start getting early winters, say goodbye to our deer herds. Hopefully oppertunities remain the same, so the up and comming and soon to be, can enjoy the outdoors as much as we have and too often take for granted.

Mr. Dean
01-19-2007, 12:44 AM
At the rate we're goin, I see access fee's for damn near EVERYWHERE.
For the privilage to shoot a biologic, hand fed....blah blah blah....

Payable in U.S. dollars. :frown: :mad:

Gateholio
01-19-2007, 01:14 AM
20 years in the future I see us in hovercrafts, shooting deer form the window..

But there will be hot stewerdesses pouring us martinis whie we do it...:lol:

Mattimoose
01-19-2007, 05:03 AM
[quote=Rod]Hmmdm 2027, Liberals have eliminated all other political parties by Orders in Council, firearms banned for 15 years along with other dangerous and unnecessary and dangerous items that can kill and maim suck as knives and sharp sticks none of them are necessary anyway.

Well, I hear that the ever popular with terrorist's 2x4 with nail in-it is already on the proposed Prohibited Firearms OIC en-route (Ardox and Common nail over 2") so, like the wind said to the coconut tree before the hurricane, hang-on to hour nuts!-Matti

hunter1947
01-19-2007, 05:27 AM
I think that the hunting will change to a certain degree ,but if they manage the regs like they are now ,there will be the animals out there to hunt ,but there will be a lower number of recruitment of hunters out there. I do think that there will be a lot more LEH areas every were to a certain degree. hunter 1947.http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

CanuckShooter
01-19-2007, 09:53 AM
20 years in the future Canada will finally have matured into a culture rich in the arts....all land will be owned by large corporations and wealthy lordships...you'll be permitted to hunt a deer for several thousand dollars in fees and the owners permission. It's the european culture...and it's coming here soon!!

Mr. Dean
01-19-2007, 10:20 AM
20 years in the future Canada will finally have matured into a culture rich in the arts....all land will be owned by large corporations and wealthy lordships...you'll be permitted to hunt a deer for several thousand dollars in fees and the owners permission. It's the european culture...and it's coming here soon!!

That about sums it up.
Hunting will only be something the super rich can afford.

Now where's my hovercraft???

LEH
01-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Tree huggers will find a way to convince the gov't of the day to restrict access to crown properties. It will become a pay as you go for hunting everywhere. So this means alot of big bucks, but with very few means of getting near them.

Rainwater
01-19-2007, 10:37 AM
I think the gov't and the shrubbies are gonna need guys like us one day, don't forget that boys. Now I don't want to go off on a militant tangent but you powder tricklers and pointy object shooters could be the only ones to restore order one day.

NEEHAMA
01-19-2007, 10:44 AM
jet packs baby! jet packs

Onesock
01-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Hunting at night out of the back of pickup trucks with AK47's. Oh, thats next year.

BowsUp
01-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Many of us will be insane from over exposure to Classic Rock.

Stone Sheep Steve
01-19-2007, 11:03 AM
If the new allocation proposal goes through and if our hunter numbers don't recover substantially we will see more and more non-residents taking OUR game here in BC. Plain and simply if we don't utilize the resource the gov't will slowly give it to others that will.

Let's hope not:-( .

SSS

BCLongshot
01-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Well in 20 yrs I'll be on my 5000 acres charging people tons of money to night hunt. I'll have a lisp because my manners have gone 2 Hell and I slit my tongue licking the jam off my knife. I'll still have my gay little Tracker with lots of duck tape.

It'll be the same sort of. We'll remember the good ol' days which is now, are these the good ol'days ?

Seeadler
01-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Guns will be illegal so in response to increasing game poplulations, and decreasing hunter numbers, bow season will last all year long with no limit on deer, elk, etc.

BIGHUNTERFISH
01-22-2007, 08:43 PM
I think 2o years in the future pretty much all wildlife will be gone on the planet earth,but there will be new planets to hunt like the planet Danatron where 240 point bucks are small,and you need huge new quad like machines to haul your quary over the craters.:lol:

bruin
01-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Stone sheep Steve is absolutely right, there will be more LEH tags for residents, less open seasons and increased tags to the outfitters. The word of the day will be that outfitters are able to better manage game populations and trophy potential, also the non-residents increase revenue for BC. Why would they want to give a tag to a BC guy if somebody else will pay 4 or 5 times as much

dana
01-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Sooo much doom and gloom in this crowd eh? Geez:roll: We are currently living in the good ol' days and to me the future looks very very bright. Many of the provincial game populations are at alltime highs. Nothing on the horizon indicates that that will change much with the current management strategy. I for one am looking forward to the next 20 years. My kids have an unbelievable wilderness playground in front of them. 20 years ain't much. Heck I personally have been hunting for over 25 years now and see many many good years ahead of me yet. I'm looking forward to watching my kids and then my grandkids grow up in their hunting heritage.