PDA

View Full Version : first year hunting

Vancouver1234
08-31-2013, 10:34 AM
hey everyone, this is my first year hunting and me and a buddy are hoping to get some grouse! I have done a lot of reasearch on how to hunt them, and was wondering if anyone has any tips in particular for the squamish valley around elaho or ashlu. I would really love for our first year hunting to be an exciting one so any helpful tips on where to hunt them in that area, or what kind of land, ect. would be so awsome.

thanks so much

wunderboy
08-31-2013, 12:46 PM
Walk and walk alot. I hunt in the interior but up here dusk seems to be the best time.....Also look for hare while hunting. I probably spend more time tracking hare while grouse hunting then I do just walking. It keeps me moving and interesting for a long time.

Blainer
08-31-2013, 12:53 PM
Hunt for deer, and shoot the grouse off the logging roads during your travels.
They require the grit from the gravel road in there digestive system.

RayHill
08-31-2013, 12:55 PM
They are up high in the hills and most of the time I see them standing on the logging roads in the sun.

HarryToolips
08-31-2013, 01:29 PM
They are really stupid..like the other folks said: walk and eventually you'll spook em..when you do, watch carefully where they fly to, usually perching up in a tree, then blast em with your shotgun or .22..then when ya get em, step on the wings and pull the legs slowly, you should be left with the breast on the wings..that's most of the meat, but not all cut off the leg meat on the top of the legs as well..you'll love the sound it makes when ya gut em like that, it halarious..remember you must keep one wing attached while travelling for identification, thems the rules..

rmcda1
09-01-2013, 10:46 AM
I hunt the Pemberton area every year for deer, and have got grouse almost every year, everywhere from high up, down to the spurs off the river road.